5.0 out of 5 stars Friendly, fair and fast!
My story is short and sweet. I recently bought a Kindle 3G+wifi and I loved it! But I read some reviews on amazon saying the screen was fragile, I also read on some Kindle forums about people who had accidentally sat on their Kindle but had a warranty with Squaretrade.

Published on December 3, 2010 by J. Schneiderwind

Published on November 27, 2011 by MIKE BUHMAN

2.0 out of 5 stars Did you know the extended warranty is consummable, including deducting warranty repairs, November 27, 2011
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year Electronics Accident Protection Plan ($175-200) (Electronics)
Based on prices, I thought Square trade was an exceptional deal.However,I was on the phone with the Square trade representative, and found out a little known fact through much questioning.It is a consumable warranty.Which means,when you have a warranty repair done through Square trade, they deduct the price of the repair off the price you paid for the warranted item.Once you reach the value of the item you purchased, your warranty expires immediately.This means if you purchased a $200.00 tablet that needed a warranty repair, and it cost Square trade $100.00 to repair it, they will now deduct that off the price you will get in the future under a total loss - they will only pay you $100.00 left over from the value of the tablet.Another scenario,If you had one,two or more warranty repairs anytime during the warranty period that totals the $200.00(the price you paid for the item initially)you are no longer covered for the remaining time of your warranty - your coverage has been consumed/expired, because you reached the value of the item you bought.I was wondering why the prices were so cheap, now I know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Friendly, fair and fast!, December 3, 2010

So I made myself a cover, and just to be safe I got myself an extended warranty from Suaretrade to cover anything bad that might happen.

Well I am an absolute klutz, and didn't have the cover on one day with the Kindle in my pocket... and as I'm moving around in my chair I hear a popping sound. It was the Kindle's screen breaking. So I checked with Amazon first, and was pretty sure their warranty wouldn't cover the screen accidentally breaking (sure enough it didn't). So I filed my claim with Squaretrade, they sent me a shipping label and I shipped it to them in the same box it had come in.

After some problems with UPS they received it and pretty soon they reimbursed me for the Kindle, and since I took it in the form of an Amazon gift card they even threw in an extra 5%, enough to get a Kindle book!

and besides that they were very friendly on the phone, they picked up the phone very promptly and I wasn't left on hold (having dealt with a few banks lately, I could tell you a thing or two about waiting on hold to talk to a live person!). They were patient with me and answered all my questions. They seemed to really value and appreciate my business.

I am exceptionally happy with their service and I recommend a squaretrade warranty if you are in the market for an extended warranty, or are a big klutz like me and you break things!

4.0 out of 5 stars SquareTrade ADH 3 Year Electronics Accident Warranty ($125-150), March 7, 2011
Really good deal, but some basic facts aren't on the main page that should be.

This was the recommended warranty to go with the new printer we were going to buy. It had the ADH (accident damage and handling) coverage. I really don't mind spending a little extra for additional coverage so I put it on my wish list with the printer for when we would purchase them. I read through the entire web page and was satisfied with what I saw. I also read through the non-ADH version which had the exact same details. Now my wife was a little anxious to get the new printer and bought it before I made a final decision. Which I'm actually very glad she did, because she forgot to buy the warranty to go with it. I wasn't sure if the warranty had to be purchased with the item in order for it to take effect.

So we called the number listed (just as a side note, customer service was very helpful and easy to get a hold of) and found out that the ADH coverage doesn't cover printers! No where on either page does it specify this. The only place this is located is the fine print of their Terms and Conditions pdf. A warranty should not be offered on a product that it can't cover. This may be Amazon's fault for random recommendations, but I don't know for sure. To my knowledge, recommendations are based off what other people have purchased together. And these shouldn't be purchased together.

Another note that we found out from Square Trade is that you don't have to purchase the warranty until 90 days from the time you purchase the item to attach the warranty to it. It only tells you that the warranty will start after the MSP manufacturer's warranty wears out, if refurbished, or if new with MSP, the day you purchased the item (typically 90 days), or if used or with non-MSP manufacturer's warranty, it will start on the 61st day after the item purchase. So you could have your product for a while before you decide to buy the warranty.

So my suggestion to all those looking at buying this warranty, go ahead and buy it. It's a great deal. But wait until you have the item you bought in your possession and it is fully functional/put together. Square Trade offers a full refund if canceled within 30 days from the day of receipt. So if you bought an item and the warranty at the same time, and the sender takes any longer than that 30 days, then you're out $20-40 if the item is garbage and you want to return it. The fine print clearly states they "don't cover items that are dead on arrival or that fail within the first 60 days." That's pretty legitimate. That fault should be with the sender. It does also say in the fine print, "If You purchased ADH coverage on a Product that turns out not to be an MSP product, ADH coverage will be declined and You will receive a refund for this coverage." I can't say for sure about this one because my wife didn't take this route. So just to be on the safe side, I would wait until you know you've got a good product to insure. Then buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hassle-free for me!, August 31, 2010
*3* year warranty for mechanical failures, malfunctions AND accident protection at $40? It cannot get any better than this!

I almost bought the store warranty instead of Squaretrade's because I did not know they existed!
In April, I purchased an "Apple Ipod 8gb Touch" to give to my little sister for her birthday. When I was at the biggest electronics store here where I live(Best Buy), I was hesitant to buy this because I know my sister to be careless and risky at times. I nearly bought the $50 2-year store warranty UNTIL my younger brother happened to call me to tell me something. Well I told him of my whereabouts and my business and it was at that moment that I learned about Squaretrade. He informed me NOT to buy the store warranty and educated me about Squaretrade. He had a good experience with Squaretrade for his Xbox. I purchased the warranty directly from [...] and paid with Paypal.

Ok, I have already had to use the warranty. I was right about my sister being careless in this sitution. Last month, there was a drink spilled on the darn thing and now the oh-so popular item is useless! When I contacted them, Squaretrade emailed me the free return shipping label and I sent the worthless thing back. Within 5 days I had a reimbursement of the Ipod in my Paypal account. Good to go...my sister went and bought another brand of mp3 player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insurance, July 21, 2010
I have purchased the extra insurance on several other items in the past. On my cell it was $4.00 per month with ATT and with Square Trade I got 3 years for less then what it cost with ATT. I did the same with a camera I purchased and it worked out the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Service!, June 25, 2010
I had purchased a warranty through SquareTrade on a GPS system after recieving an email and looking at the website. Unfortunately, we had some problems with the GPS system so I called SquareTrade. The whole process was so smooth and I loved the fact that every step of the way was followed up by an email explaining everything. Everyone there was so nice and helpful. We did end up having to replace the GPS system, so they sent a check for a full refund to me. Not to mention the money I saved not using the store warranties. I will definitely purchase all warranties that I can through SquareTrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Squaretrade has figured it out!, April 20, 2010
Squaretrade is the real deal. I have been a warranty admin for 20 years and know the heartbreak people feel when they think they have a covered repair only to find out they do not!! My experiences with square trade have been subperb!they did everything they advertised just as advertised with no headaches, no waiting and in the end replaced the unit without question! Normally I would be against buying any type of service contract, or extended warranty but after the experience with my GPS I swear by Squaretrade. I have now covered all of my new electronics. Squaretrade is the way ALL warranties should work, no fuss, no muss just repair,replace or refund period!SquareTrade 3-Year Electronics Warranty ($250-300 Items)

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing square about this warranty, still waiting for payment of approved claim, March 10, 2012
Casa de Harmeningo (The Wilds of New Mexico) - See all my reviews
I bought a warranty from Square Trade 2 years ago for my Kindle. Filed a claim recently and was quickly approved. I chose the 'payment via Amazon gift card' and.... never got it. I have made 5 calls and have received 5 different answers as to why I haven't received it, from 'its Amazon's fault, to we just push this button and it sends it to you it must be your email address rejecting it, to the last one which was, we see in the logs that the gift card was never actually sent to you.' My last call in garnered the response that 'my problem' has been elevated and passed to the supervisor, you will either receive the gift card or a phone call today.... And now that was yesterday, their office is closed for the weekend and I am one day further from getting a satisfactory resolution. My assessment? Nothing square about this warranty, it is looking pretty crooked to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Warranty Service, September 14, 2010
B. Hormazabal (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I've had multiple iPhones and a standalone GPS covered through squaretrade. Recently my GPS fell in a puddle and as a result completely died. I filed a claim with squaretrade, sent them all the information and in just a few days my claim was approved for the full purchase amount. I would highly recommend getting their warranty as it not only covers manufacturing defects but you can also get it with accidental damage coverage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!!, December 15, 2010
I purchased a SquareTrade warranty for my Kindle, after the timeframe had expired on getting the Amazon warranty. The warranty included coverage for drops, which was not covered in the other options I looked into. Just under a year after I got my Kindle, it slipped out of my hands on my way outside and the screen cracked! Immediately I went online and looked into the warranty information and submitted my receipt. I quickly received a confirmation that my full purchase price would be reimbursed and a pre-paid shipping label. I opted for a Amazon gift certificate and got an extra 5% back, which appeared in my account less than a week after I sent in my broken Kindle. I now have a brand new Kindle 3 (upgraded from my Kindle 2) and extra money in my Amazon account for future purchases. I immediately purchased another warranty for my new Kindle - highly recommended!

Rate and Discover Movies