- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B0058WELD2
- Item model number: B0058WELD2
- Average Customer Review: 1,437 customer reviews
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 30, 2011
2-Year SquareTrade Warranty plus Accident Protection for Kindle Fire (First Generation), US customers only
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Accidental damage coverage starts on day 1 and lasts for 2 years from your Kindle purchase date (for pre-orders, accidental damage coverage starts after your device ships)
- Extends mechanical and electrical breakdown coverage to the 2nd year of ownership
- NO DEDUCTIBLES or fees for any claims made on your Kindle
- Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
- Available for Kindles purchased on Amazon.com or from offline retailers within the last 30 days
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the Manufacturer
2 Years of Accident Coverage for your Kindle
The vast majority of Kindle failures occur because of accidents. With the 2-Year Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle, you are protected starting from day one if breaks occur because of an accident, for example:
- Your child knocks it off a table
- The dog chews it
- You drop it in water
- It gets stepped on
In addition to accidents, the 2-Year Warranty also covers you from all electrical and mechanical breakdown for an extra 1 year after the standard one year manufacturer warranty ends. This includes battery replacement if the maximum charge falls below one-half of the original potential.
Your 2-Year Warranty Coverage Includes:
- 3 replacements over the 2 year term, with no deductibles or fees
- Hassle-Free 2-day shipping both ways
SquareTrade – The Best Warranty Around
In business since 1999, SquareTrade is the largest independent warranty provider and the only warranty consistently rated 5 stars by consumers. We have over 100,000 fans on Facebook and a 5-star rating on Google Review
The Most Awarded Warranty for Service*:
*As rated by consumers across Amazon.com, ResellerRatings.com, and NexTag.com.
Easy Claims Filing
The claim process is painless - start by calling 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year.
SquareTrade will ship a replacement Kindle to you (same or newer model depending on availability). You will also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send back the damaged Kindle to the fulfillment center. A valid credit card is required on file to do an advanced exchange. If you don't return the damaged Kindle within 30 days, you will be charged the price of the replacement device.
SquareTrade has designed the warranty with your needs in mind. They make it easy for you to:
Other Things You Should Know
- Upon purchase, you will get an email. This is your official confirmation of a purchase. A welcome kit will also be sent via mail (for pre-orders, we will send the Welcome Kit after your Kindle ships). So as to offer an efficient customer experience, SquareTrade may also contact you about your purchase by telephone.
- Please read the terms and conditions from the link at the top of the page. There is also a link to an easy to understand Service Agreement Summary.
- Start Date: Warranty lasts two years from Kindle ship date. Your warranty plan begins on the date your Kindle shipped (or when your Kindle ships for pre-ordered devices) and is inclusive of the manufacturer warranty period. For pre-ordered products or items that are delivered late, call SquareTrade to extend your warranty plan to the actual shipping date. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For toll free assistance please call 866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year. An agent is always happy to assist you.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
As my initial review was written based on my experience with SquareTrade on items other than the Kindle Fire (which had not even been released at that time) I wanted to update with info relating specifically to the Fire warranty service.
I have had to contact Square Trade because of an issue with one of my Kindle Fires and I mistakenly called the usual general warranty claim telephone number on the SquareTrade website. SquareTrade has a designated Kindle Fire specific warranty claim number which is listed on the warranty confirmation email customers receive after purchasing the Fire's warranty. It is 1-866-374-9939. Once I was connected to the right person (this was all in one phone call in less than five minutes) my issue was handled quickly, with no fuss, I did not have to provide any additional information and I had a replacement Kindle in less than 48 hours at no charge to me.
Another reviewer had mentioned concern at the lack of a paper warranty, this does not bother me. I have my email warranty, all of my warranties are available on the SquareTrade site and I no longer have to deal with lost paperwork etc. Even when transferring or cancelling a warranty, the steps are laid out in easy to follow directions on the SquareTrade website.
Someone had mentioned that they were bothered at the lack of Kindle Fires' serial numbers listed on the Warranties. I own three Kindle Fires, one is mine and the other two are my kids. When they are turned on in the top corner they say Helen's Kindle, Helen's 2nd Kindle, Helen's 3rd Kindle, presumably because it's through my account that they are registered. Read more ›
But, I do have to review the warranty because I see a lot of negative reviews that don't make any sense...
I think this warranty is worth the price at around 22% of the Kindle's price. I've had to make a claim on at least 3 of my square trade warranted items (cell phone, digital camera, dishwasher) in the past. I was mailed a check in less than a week almost two years after purchase on the phone and camera which meant I was able to turn around and purchase a much nicer item since technology changes so fast and prices come down so quickly. They sent someone out to fix my dishwasher immediately and it saved me $150 service call fee for a $40 warranty... and it's still covered for 3 more years.
Square Trade warranties are truly amazing and I would definitely purchase one for anything technology related that is priced $200 or more. Customer service has been fantastic every time I've had to contact them, and just the 3 warranties I've had to make claims on more than pay for all of the other warranties I still have through ST. We never want anything to fail... but lets face it... a lot of tech gadgets do, and often they do about a month after the manufacturers warranty expires. If you have ever had a $300 dollar item die on you and then found out it's basically a paper weight because you can buy a much nicer one for less than it costs to fix it, then you will really thank yourself for buying a warranty.
PLUS the biggest and best thing I've found with ST warranties... you can almost always find a discount on them if you do a quick search for a coupon code before you purchase. Read more ›