Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KONG Air Dog Squeakair Birthday Balls Dog Toy, Medium, Colors Vary (3 Balls)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 21, 2015
Very disappointing. My dog chewed through them in no time flat; under 10 minutes. I bought them because of the Kong name, and I thought all their products were American-made, apparently not, these are made in China, which is exactly what I do not want. I will not be purchasing these again, and I do not recommend them. BTW, my dogs are Dobermans.
on April 7, 2014
I didn't realize these balls were made in China, until I received the package which stated: "designed in USA, made in China". I've read too many accounts of toxins and death coming from pet supplies made there and I will be returning these items immediately. These balls may be perfectly safe, but I will not use my dogs as test subjects. Very disappointed, Kong; and very disappointed, Amazon.
on September 1, 2015
My 7 pound puppy loved the squeaky thing, but like other comments mentioned, she also took apart the whole fuzzy ball in less than an hour and ended up eating a lot of the fuzz. We didn't even give her the other 2 balls because we don't want her swallowing all that fuzz. Waste of money.
KONG usually makes a very good product when it comes to dog toys. We have four dogs, two Boston terriers, and two of mixed origin. This are extremely active animals; strong animals and all love their toys and play. We have had great results with this brand of toy in the past but I must tell you that we now have great reservations as to the balls being used here.

Our terriers, in particular the Boston terriers have extremely strong jaws. They can completely destroy just about anything they take a notion to destroy. Fortunately they are well behaved dogs and we do not have a problem with shoes, furniture and such. But toys...wow, we do have a problem.

Anyway.....

These balls lasted about twenty minutes tops...each. The fantastic four obliterated them. Now this did not upset us all that much as we have grown accustom to such over the years and after all these things are toys and meant to be eventually destroyed. What did upset us though was that the squeaky mechanisms came out of each and every one of them. This is not a good thing! They, the squeaky thingies are of a perfect size to either be swallowed or worse yet, choked upon. Fortunately this all happened when we were present and playing with the dogs and were able to get them away from the little guys before disaster.

I will admit that all four of our dogs loved the squeaky sound the toys made and I do see that a lot of folks like these toys and are pleased with them. I suppose it all depends upon the nature of your particular companion as to weather or not these things work. I personally cannot recommend them. I do give these two stars because the dogs did appreciate their brief encounter with them.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks
55 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2014
I bought these three balls for my mini dachshunds, and I know that dachshunds are prone to be rough with toys, but these balls didn't last 5 minutes. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. It literally took my youngest 5 minutes to have the fuzz ripped off (which she subsequently tried to eat), the squeaker torn out of it, and chunks of the rubber ball spread all over the office floor. I'm glad I was there to take it away from her before she ate it. If you have dogs who are gentle with their toys, I imagine these would be fine, but if you have heavy chewers, please supervise your pets while they play with these balls. The fuzz comes off easily, and the rubber they are made from is very brittle.
on June 20, 2012
January 2013
My dogs are a year old and love tennis balls. They particularly love Kong squeaky tennis balls because they like to squeak them at one another....

We use these balls inside the house and my guys love them. They're a little tiny bit smaller than a regular tennis ball. These are their favorite balls, for sure!!! SO worth the money!!!!! :)

August 2015
My guys are now 4 years old and these are still their favorite balls to play with both inside and outside. They're the perfect size and Lucky loves to squeak the hell out of it in Rocky's ear to get him to play with him. They don't hold up too well outside as they can get dirty fast and they start to flay (as shown in photo) but they can be rinsed off at home. They last a long time for us inside because my guys don't chew them or pull the fuzz off....but if your dog does, these probably aren't right for you.
review image
on July 23, 2014
I rarely write reviews, almost never. But I have to write this and hoping it would warn off some pet owners out there. Yes this product will prob be one of your dogs fave toy, yes this is very cheap, but god it is also very cheaply made! both of my dogs has pull the squeaker out of the ball without even destroying the ball!!!!!! I was actually watching my dog play from my chair, at first he is just squeaking away, then i heard the squeaking stopped, he pull the squeaker out of the ball, i ran to him ( he thinks im prob gonna take it from him, which I HAD TO) he quickly gave it a good bite and swallow it. Now i have to take him to a vet for x rays tomorrow.

TIP: IF YOUR DOG DID THE SAME THING, CUT OPEN THE OTHER BALLS TO TAKE OUT THE SQUEAKER, SO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOUR VET AS A REFERENCE. IT IS A UPRIGHT HARD PLASTIC SQUEAKER, GOT SHARP EDEGS TO THE TOUCH.
on March 31, 2015
You can't beat the price of this three pack! My dog doesn't really care if they say "Happy birthday" or "Four score and seven years ago..." on them, they all chew the same. I usually have to buy a three pack every few months because my 40 lb dog has figured out how to remove the squeaker pretty quickly, and once that is out, it's only a matter of days before she tears them apart. But she loves to play with these and for just over a dollar a ball I don't care if they only last a few weeks each.
on October 1, 2013
Arrived fast, was what was advertised. There dog balls. The dog plays with them. At some point the dog will destroy them and I will order more.
on January 28, 2015
Another order arrived today from Amazon, and I have to admit that my dog gets even more excited than I do, when he sees the delivery truck stop at our home. When I place an order from Amazon, I generally ad at least one toy for my dog and I believe in his mind, he thinks that all parcel delivery trucks that pass by are always delivering dog toys.

Well, he was right, once again. This time I bought a completely different toy. My dog loves `squeaky dolls' and he loves all balls, so, what could be better than a new and different toy as Kong's set of 3 Squeakair balls.

For a reference, my dog is a 5-year-old, Old English sheepdog, he rates about a 5 on a 1-10 destructive factor, and this was his first experience with this type of toy. His reaction was priceless.

The `Squeakair Ball' is about the size of a tennis ball, but it is lighter and it does not bounce as high. It is not as firm as the ordinary tennis ball, it is a little softer so when the dog has it grasped in his mouth, it is soft enough that when a little `jaw' pressure is applied, the balls emits the sound of a squeak.

When my dog gets excited, he spins himself in circles, and he sometimes catches his own tail and as he was spinning himself in excitement, I gently tossed the ball down our hallway. He ran after the ball, grasped it in his jaws and it squeaked. His reaction was priceless.

He stood still as a statue, his ears perked forward, and his tail up in the form of a question mark. He gently squeaked it again. That is when the fun really started. He tossed the ball up in the air, ran down our long hallway, retrieved it, squeaked it again, dropped it, batted it with his paws, and chased after it some more. He played this game of his the entire day. He does not need anyone to throw the ball as he does this himself.

These `Squeakair' balls will keep him entertained for hours. He tosses them up in the air, runs down our tiled floor, retrieves them, and repeats his own game of toss, chase, and retrieve. The squeakers are loud enough to entertain him but not too loud for us.

There are several reasons why this is the one of the `best' toys for my dog.
1) It is a 3-toy package
2) There is no stuffing to create a mess
3) The `Squeakair' balls are large, no worrying about a choking hazard
4) The `Squeakair' balls are loud enough for his enjoyment, but not too loud to annoy us.
5) He gets a lot of `in-house' exercise
6) He entertains himself for hours
7) These `Squeakair' balls will last him for months

For my dog, the `Squeakair' balls are one of the best and safest toys to satisfy his `in-house' playing needs.