5.0 out of 5 stars The Old Cleaner Works Like New
Published on June 12, 2010 by McBean

2.0 out of 5 stars Works going forward, but does not work going backward
I use the Hoover Floormate mostly in the kitchen.

The original squeegee was worn out and torn.

This replacement squeegee fits the Floormate nozzle, and works fine when pushing the Floormate in the forward direction.
When pulling the Floormate backwards, water is not sucked up into the nozzle. Instead, it is pushed back behind the nozzle.
Published 24 months ago by Paul Sterne

5.0 out of 5 stars The Old Cleaner Works Like New, June 12, 2010
McBean "BJMcBean" (Orange County, California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
My old Hoover Floormate 2800 had lost suction and I discovered that the squeegee on the nozzle had pretty much disintegrated. GoVacuum's service was great and the replacement squeegee arrived in a couple of days. The squeegee is easily replaceable and is held by three easy-to-remove screws. Once installed, the cleaner began sucking up the water as it had when it was new. My cleaner model is very old and no longer available, but this squeegee fit perfectly. In general, replacing parts is cheap, easy, and much better for the environment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathes new life into floor cleaner, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
Replacing the squegee is a easy fix--undo 3 screws to remove it from the housing, slide the new one into place, replace the screws. Makes a floor cleaner that is several years old work like new again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have used floormate for years on my hardwood floors., January 1, 2011
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
After years of use, I noticed my floormate stopped picking up the water. Didn't know why. Then noticed this rubber gasket was torn. Was an easy fix and inexpensive. Great that Amazon sells the replacement parts. Love my floormate for my hardwood floors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed my problem, September 10, 2010
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
Arrived on time, installed very easily it works, the machine is back to cleaning the floors

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement part, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
It fit perfectly. I am now able to return cleaning my wood floors without leaving them extra damp. So happy I checked here instead of driving all around town and not finding it

5.0 out of 5 stars Floormate, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
I ordered this part because I am a big DIY person, I put it on and it worked just like new. Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes it just like new., January 6, 2013
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
Much better than paying for a new Floormate . I don't like being forced to write a certain amount for a review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much needed, November 28, 2012
KC (Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
Been having problems with floormate past couple of years. This combined with new filter has fixed the suction of water issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored Like New Performance, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
After years of using the FloorMate, we noticed it wasn't picking up the water like it use to. Eventually a large piece of the squeegee came off and we realized just how badly deteriorated it had become and why it wasn't picking up water well. Of course I searched for the part on Amazon because you can find everything at reasonable prices with 2 day shipping. Ordered the part and had it 2 days later. Removed 3 screws, pulled out the remainder of the old squeegee, installed the new squeegee and 3 screws, and the machine runs just like new less than 5 minutes later. You just have to love it when a replacement part doesn't come with your friend "Murphy"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordering Three for spares today!!!!, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Squeegee for Hoover FloorMate H3000 59177047 (Kitchen)
I've got two of the original style FloorMates. H3000 and H3030. The ones with the GREAT REVIEWS. Anyway if your floormate is no longer sucking up the liquid from the floor or seeming to puddle around or under it while using it...think this gasket. Most likely the squeegee needs replacing. It's easy to do. You just unscrew three screws, take old gasket off & replace with new. Make sure to turn screws carefully the wrong way until it seems to seat properly to avoid stripping out the old screw holes etc. And then you turn screws in the way they should go clockwise and all should be as good as new. Some sites on line carry more parts for these orginal machines. I on rare occasion take it down to basement where floor is pitted and cement though painted and very uneven. Basically twice I've done this each time ripped the squeegee to bits and then when I've attempted to use it on my upstairs floors & hardwood floor it doesn't work properly. So far after 8+ years using these machines the brushes hold up & never used the spare that came with second machine. And you can even get the undersize carriage with the four wheels on it to replace if you need to. As long as the motors last it seems these machines take a lot of abuse and still keep working right. Hoover you did something right when you invented this gadget. I clean the brushes and the gray water tank every single time I use it. We have pets and despite vacuuming in advance it manages to find more to suck up during the wash/scrub cycle. I do not use it as a dry vac. I change the filters each time and in between if they appear wet while using machine to help keep the motor running well. I'm going to keep the latest chewed up squeegee for future basement cleaning only use. Dang the machine does such a good job of cleaning compared to the old fashion mop and pail routine. Happy happy happy...and no I don't care if the squeegee no longer matches the grey original color or the purple second machine...I'd be happy if they were striped with poka dots that clash:)))