1,918 Reviews
 (1,517)

5.0 out of 5 stars This product works perfectly
There is a reason that this product has almost all five star reviews. It works exactly as promised.

Published on October 21, 2010 by Stephen M. Charme

Let me be honest here. The mirror doesn't fog up. It actually stays clear through out the entire hot shower/bath as long as you remember to fill up the reservoir with hot water.

Now, having said that, here's why I didn't give this mirror a 5 star rating:

Published on November 19, 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This product works perfectly, October 21, 2010
This review is from: Fogless Shower Mirror with Squeegee by ToiletTree Products. Guaranteed Not to Fog, Designed Not to Fall. #1 Selling and Ranked by Amazon Customers. (Silver) (Misc.)

Installation is simple, the provided directions are very clear, and the necessary glue is provided. Just glue the plastic bracket to your shower tile (the back of the bracket has grooves labeled for where the glue goes, so you can't make a mistake), wait 24 hours, and you are good to go. Before you glue the bracket, I suggest putting the mirror on it to make sure you attach the bracket at the height that works best for you. If you are a little off, don't worry because the bracket has a built in swivel that lets you adjust the angle of the mirror. This is also handy for people of two different heights to use the mirror when they shower.

The mirror is not made of glass, but rather a reflective surface that is more than clear enough to shave if your face is within about 9" from the mirror. If you move away, there is a barely noticeable "fun-house" distortion (though you can still see clearly), which becomes noticeable only if you rock back and forth from the mirror. Since I doubt most people will do that while shaving, such distortion is a non-issue.

If you follow the simple directions of filling the reservoir in the back of the mirror with warm water when you turn your shower on, the mirror will not fog. And if you forget and the mirror does fog, then just fill the reservoir with water and the fog will disappear (I purposely did this to see what would happen if I let the mirror fog without water in the reservoir, and then filled it afterwards).

While you shower, water droplets will collect on the mirror surface instead of fog. This will not interfere with your ability to see well enough to shave. However, if they become excessive, the provided squeegee will easily remove them. NOTE: The squeegee works better than a towel, which tends to "smear" the droplets and not produce a clear surface for shaving.

Taking the mirror off, filling it with warm water, and slipping it back on are very easy. There is no need to worry about the mirror falling off, and no need to worry about fog.

Before I discovered this product, I used to use Fog-Tech (an excellent product that I have reviewed on Amazon) on a regular mirror, and it did work to prevent fogging for a few days at a time, after which another application was necessary. But this product is much simpler--all you need is warm water. I also no longer have to worry about rust forming on the base of a regular mirror that discolors my shower tiles.

Bottom line: For a fog free shaving experience this works great. I really like this product and recommend it.

Update October 23, 2010: The other day I forgot to empty the reservoir after I showered. The following day when I showered I was so interested in a radio program that I forgot about the mirror for the first five minutes. At that point it was totally fogged up, and when I removed it, I saw that there was still water in it from the day before. I dumped the water out, filled it, and also let shower water run down the face of the mirror. In less than 30 seconds the fog disappeared, and just one wipe of the squeegee cleared the excess water from the mirror, which was then nice and clear for shaving. It was like magic.

Update November 13, 2010: I'm always looking for shortcuts in using products. I did an experiment. I did not remove the mirror from the stand and empty the water. Instead I let it fog up with the old water in it. I then filled a 12 oz plastic mug with hot shower water and poured it in the already full reservoir, assuming that the warm water would displace the existing cold water. It took only two mugs full of water and the fog cleared.

So now when I take a shower, I just leave the mirror in place all the time, don't empty the water, and just pour warm water into the already full reservoir until the fog clears. This works great.

Update December 8, 2010: This is still working great, and is especially easy to use now that I have stopped removing it to empty the water. This is definitely the shower mirror to buy for shaving. For those who like to listen to the radio in the shower, I recommend the Sangean shower radio (which I have reviewed on Amazon) that I have been using for the past 16 months.

Update March 7, 2011: I have been using this for almost five months, and it still performs flawlessly.

I have read a recent negative review claiming that the mirror fogs up. This is clearly a case of "user failure" or a defective product (I suspect the former) since there is no way that this mirror will fog up if you put warm water in the reservoir before you shave.

I have also read a recent review that the squeegee does not remove every last drop of water, and that if you have hard water (I do) then calcium spots will develop on the mirror when the surface dries. True, but all I do is rinse them off each time I shower, so this is not really an issue.

Update May 23, 2011: I am still using this product without any problems. I got tired of using the plastic mug routine that I described above and now simply take the mirror on and off to empty and refill it. To make it easy to guide it back on, I use my forefinger to locate the slot on the wall bracket, and then just slip the tongue on the back of the mirror right into it. It's really effortless with a little practice. For a fog free shaving experience, this is definitely the way to go.

Update August 15, 2011. Still working fine. Taking the mirror on and off the bracket has become second nature to me, and now seems so easy and simple that I can't imagine why I ever thought that it was an issue that required a workaround, as I described in an earlier comment.

Update October 6, 2011: The company has now come out with a "deluxe" version that has a 20% larger surface area, battery operated LED lighting (two levels of brightness) around the edge, and a squeegee that works more effectively. It uses the same bracket as the original version. I received the new version at no cost from the company in exchange for writing a review, which I have posted on Amazon. Only you can decide if the "improvements" are worth an extra twenty dollars.

Update August 6, 2012: The company now has a compact travel version of this mirror, which you can also use for everyday use if you want a mirror that will attach without a bracket and glue (it uses rubber suction cups).

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been waiting to write this review *****, August 6, 2010
The Fogless Shower Mirror by ToiletTree is the Best Fogless Mirror on the Market. I have been waiting to write this review since I bought it July 5, 2010 on Amazon.com, but to give my review more credence I waited the recommended 30 days. First, this fogless mirror works perfectly. I have yet to see any fog develop on the mirror what so ever. It is lightweight plastic or similar. The mirror appears to be glass, but it is a high quality reflection without distortion (just a little). It is perfect for any task that you might perform in or out of the shower, but I use it to shave. If you have never shaved in the shower, I urge you to buy this mirror and start shaving in the shower for a closer and more comfortable shaving experience. It uses adhesives to attach to a shower wall. Follow the instructions carefully to mount the mirror mount to the shower wall. Once the mirror is mounted it is permanent, but you can adjust the viewing angle up or down. You must fill the reservoir with warm or hot water in order for the mirror to remain fogless. That is easy to do. Why I like this type of fogless mirror is the placement of the mirror in relationship to the shower stream. Other mirrors that attach to the shower/water pipe have you standing in and facing the shower stream. That type of mirror allows the water to splash in your face and eyes. The ToiletTree Fogless Shower Mirror allows you to mount the mirror anywhere in the shower that you please so pick your spot carefully as it is permanently mounted.

Update Dec 15, 2010
It's getting close to Christmas; this will make a great gift. I have had it nearly 6 months. It works as it promises. Alot of people have gone out of there way to provide you with their experiences with this product. Shower shaving is the greatest shave and the Fogless Shower Mirror by ToiletTree is the Best Fogless Mirror on the Market.

Update Oct 7, 2012
I still love this product. It shaves better than my blades. I can tell because I can see!!! It still looks new. Still works like new. It is nearly 2 and a half years old. I don't know if this product is still available or not, but if so, it makes a great gift and it is easy on the wallet and saves you some skin as well.

Update Oct 1, 2014 What drives a man to review a mirror over and over and over again. Obviously, I am pretty, conceited, vain, and quite a snob. I know because my mirror clearly tells me so. Don't just buy it for your husband, see just how pretty you are. I tout this mirror because it is a product that does what it says, does it well, and it is affordable.

3.0 out of 5 stars It stays fogless. But not worth a 5 star rating or the $30 price tag., November 19, 2010

Now, having said that, here's why I didn't give this mirror a 5 star rating:

First of all, the mirror is not glass, it is made entirely of plastic and because it is all plastic, the image is distorted, unless you are pretty close to it. This of course doesn't mean glass would be a better option, because if the mirror fell, you'd have broken glass all over the tub/floor. I'm simply stating that due to the fact that the mirror is "plastic" makes its reflection distorted.
Also, again, because it is plastic, the squeegee that comes with it left a long scratch mark on the left side of the mirror, the very first time I used it.
There's not option to hang the mirror or use suction cups; you must use the double sided tape and silicone provided with the unit, this creates a problem for those whom rent or simply do not want to leave any silicon/tape residue on their tile.

This unit, IMO, is not worth the $30+ price tag. $15 at the most, considering the issues I described above. Hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes it works, but...., April 9, 2011
Julia (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Fogless Shower Mirror by ToiletTree

The good:
1. Water reservoir method is truly the way to keep a mirror fog-free (the coated mirrors or the drops to coat them yourself - don't work and eventually get so hazy you can't see anything)
2. The squeegee - nice. Better than bringing your towel in
3. The small shelf below the mirror - nice - for a razor or toothbrush.
4. Very strong mounting with silicone gel/glue (instead of suction cups which can occasionally slide loose)

The bad:
1. The mirror has distortion. If you divide it into thirds, the outer two thirds are essentially un-usable - there is even a bit of distortion at top and bottom. I find the fun-house affect on the outer edges very distracting.
2. The slot to put the mirror back into the holder is difficult to line up. You take the mirror out to fill it with the hot water, and putting it back in requires craning your head to see behind the mirror to align it so it slides in, if you just try to do it "blind" you'll often get only half in and end up sloshing some water around etc.
3. No drain hole.

The whole reason I got this mirror is that I was using the "Ace Fogless Shower Mirror" (also uses a water reservoir) - which is not as wide, and I thought it would be great to have the same mirror but wider, and with nice shelf. However, because of the distortion, you end up getting about the same "usable" area in both mirrors - about 4-5". But the Ace Fogless Shower Mirror just ends at 5" - no extra fun-house mirror margins [uselessly] extending the width.

Another thing with the ToiletTree mirror is the lack of drain hole. With the Ace mirror, because it drains in about 20 minutes, you have the option of either taking the mirror out and filling it directly from the shower head and replacing it in the holder (which is designed so you can EASILY and quickly place it in the holder "blind", no missing), OR, you can leave it in place and use a cup to pour in some hot water. You can't do that with the ToiletTree mirror because it stays filled up with the old (now cold) water. So you are forced to remove the ToiletTree mirror, fill it up at the faucet, and carefully try to slide it back in place. If I didn't already have the super-easy experience of the Ace Mirror's design I wouldn't complain, but having gotten used to the easier one (and without any distortion), for way less money ($15 at Target), I can't see any reason why I would recommend this one, and I plan on putting my old Ace mirror back up. Yes Ace uses suction cups which can come loose, and yes the razor holder is not made to fit many razor and toothbrush widths so it ends up going un-used. But those are minor issues compared to the fact that it is distortion free and MUCH easier to re-fill with water each time you shower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shower mirror, June 19, 2010
Great mirror!!!! I never shaved in the shower until now, this mirror is everything the Mfg said it would be. It was easy to install and works great every time. The squeegee is a cool feature since water can splash onto the mirror when showering. I never have a good place to store my razor but with this product the shelf is a perfect place to keep it. Thanks Toilettree for a mirror that works

5.0 out of 5 stars Best design, all the best features, November 30, 2010
With such a large selection of (so-called) fogless mirrors, it can be a bit tough to research what to look for exactly. Hopefully I can save you some time and offer some insight.

This particular mirror features the best design and all the best features. You can tell they put some real thought into it. Here's a few reasons why:

1. It uses hot water behind the mirror, which does a fantastic (arguably the best) job of keeping a mirror fogless. The mirror slides easily in and out of a relatively large U-shaped bracket. It just takes a second or two to fill the reservoir on the back with hot tub/shower water, and you're set - it will not fog up! No kidding, from my own experience.

2. No suction cups, no crashing mirror. The mount uses relatively strong, semi-permanent adhesives; two square pieces of double sided tape (nearly identical to the mounting squares you see in hardware stores) and a generously sized tube of silicone. Both the silicone and tape have specifically marked places for use on the mounting bracket. Note, that while these are nice and waterproof, and much more reliable then suction cups, neither is permanent-permanent. Silicone is not super glue; it can be removed, along with the tape, without much fuss at a later time if desired.

3. The design is nice, clean, simple, and not too small. Form follows function. The reservoir widens nicely on top to make filling it easier. The shelf below is perfect for your razor, without any needless holding mechanisms. Other shower mirrors are rather small, this one is just the right size (imo) at 6.5in x 8.5in.

4. There's a nice, full-length rubber-y squeegee for wiping down the mirror. Any mirror will acquire drops from the spray while you shower. This squeegee cleans them off much better and more thoroughly then your own hands do. Take a look at the fourth and fifth pictures to get a good idea. The black handle slides horizontally into a compartment under the front shelf; the actual white squeegee part hangs down, which makes grabbing it and pulling it out easy.

5. Although irrelevant, even the way it was boxed/packaged was nicely done.

In summation, I rarely give items full stars with no criticism of any kind; even five-star items generally have some minor negative points. This is one of those rare items I simply cannot find fault with. I honestly can't think of any way it could be improved.

And although it can cost more then some other shower mirrors, these mirrors are all relatively inexpensive, anyway, so I don't see why that matters. Getting something this fantastic is well worth a few extra bucks.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bulky - Missing a few essentials., September 19, 2013
I had this product given to me as a gift several months ago and though I did like it at the beginning, it was a bit too large for my shower. It was a bit of a pain to assemble and in the end a bit too much work just to shave in the shower. Plus, for some reason the razor ledge wasn't very sturdy and I'd always be dodging falling mach3s.

I suppose my wife got a little sick of hearing that razor drop and my whining.

My wife just recently gifted this mirror to me (yes, she's great!)
Fogless Shower Mirror - Guaranteed Fog Free - Exclusive to Amazon - No Suction Cups - Designed Not to Fall - Ultra-easy Set up - Includes Additional Razor Wall Mount

As it has a sturdy razor hook, so I'm ecstatic about that, but now that it is
hanging it my shower, I think wifey bought it for me because the stainless
steel hooks look nicer. She's sneaky.

So in the end, I really liked the Toilet Tree Mirror and it definitely
will do the job you want, but for me it lacked a few essentials for my situation. The choice is yours.

Hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Fogless, with a couple negatives, June 15, 2013
P. Scott (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
Let me say I've used this mirror for OVER 2 YEARS now. And have gone through 2 of them and am now on my 3rd. Clearly I like them so I'll tell you what I do and don't like about them.

Positives:
+ Definitely FOGLESS, this design is the only way to truly get a fogless mirror in the shower.
+ Securely attaches to the wall
+ Tilt function
+ Price, while $25 isn't exactly a giveaway, nothing else competes at this pricepoint

Negatives:
- It is all plastic, not a bad negative, but don't expect solid construction and plan on replacing it (see below)
- Adhesive is difficult to remove. If you ever need to move, you will need to remove the silicone which is tough to remove and if renting could result in damage fees
- The tilt function eventually gets "weak" and requires purchasing a new unit or else the mirror will fall into the most downward facing position when full

Conclusion:
This is a great mirror as long as you understand the removal process requires some work. A razor blade and some goo-gone will NOT do it. Also wish the construction of the tilt mechanism was more solid construction instead of plastic that wears out in a few months causing the mirror to be stuck in the downward position. All-in-all though, for $25 I don't mind buying a new one about every year. Don't expect this to be one of those products that lasts a lifetime, and if you do remove it, expect a hassle. I give it 4 stars because it truly is fogless, the price is right, but the product needs to be more durable for a 5-star review.

Note: keep in mind I have been using this product for years, unlike other reviewers who have been using it for a couple weeks. Sure I would've given it 5-stars then as well, not knowing how it would break and be hard to remove. So I hope this helps give you the full picture!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed with the quality and functionality, July 20, 2010
I bought this for my husband's birthday and installed it to surprise him. The mirror attaches to the shower wall with silicone adhesive and mirror tape. It's very secure. I set a bubble level on the razor shelf when applying the mirror to the wall and that worked out great. My husband really likes it and I think it adds a nice look to the shower. I am very impressed with the quality of materials and the easy installation. Highly recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin plastic mirror, November 22, 2010
This mirror had great reviews so I purchased it. We rely on these reviews because they are usually so accurate and give us great feedback on making a product decision. In this case, however, it failed us. The reviews were great for this mirror so I purchased with confidence. The mirror and structure is made with very thin lightweight plastic. it installed no problem. The problem came on first use. When you fill the reservoir with the warm water from the shower, the thin mirror warps outward and when you look in the mirror, your face is distorted. Dump the water out and your face looks normal again. Imagine putting water in a baggie how it bulges outward, well it isn't that bad but it's definitely noticable. You can put your finger on the mirror and push it back and watch your face distort like a carnival mirror. It's already afixed it to the wall so I won't return it. The mirror does stay fog clear and you can shave with it, I'd just expect the mirror to be able to withstand 6 inches of water behind it without distorting.

Rate and Discover Movies