5.0 out of 5 stars the sizing mystery
To start off I have to rate this as a very well made product, and it is comfortable to wear.
That being said however, there is one minor problem in buying from this or any other maker of this type product line.
Published on July 26, 2007 by mohave jack

2.0 out of 5 stars Size does not match your pants size
I've had to reorder it 3x.
The size I originally ordered did not match my size, each time, I went a smaller size. There is a point in time where there was no more exchange so I had to pay for fast shipping again. It was just not a pleasant experience.
Published 4 months ago by Ruben

5.0 out of 5 stars the sizing mystery, July 26, 2007
If your a guy, and you have never bought a waist cincher/back support before; then you are in for some surprises to say the least. There are many companies out there making this basic product; but there is no common ground on sizing. Women have known this for ages; but men have to learn the hard way.
In a single brand such as Squeem, the sizing is rather erratic from product to product. If you go to their website and look at their sizing chart, you will probably be totally confused.
If you talk to a corset maker (and this is a basic corset) they will tell you that a waist cincher should be 4 inches smaller than the desired waist size to provide the right amount of compression and support.
The available brands on the market go by size in inches, and by letter sizes S-M-L-XL.
However, the number or letter stated is not the actual size; but some desired size range (like 37-41). After you have read a few different makers size tables, you will know what I'm talking about.
For example, a Squeem Firm Compression rubber coated cotton 2XL will fit a 40 inch waist; because its about 36 inches long. Their #1 competitors 3XL also fits a 40 inch waist. The same rated size from 4 different brand makers results in 4 totally different lenght measurements (I found this out the hard way, buying 4 different brands).
So how do you know what size to buy ???? Simply put, you dont.
If this is your first purchase, tell the seller what actual lenght you want (subtract 4 inches from whatever waist size is required) instead of guessing at what the size table means. Then when you get it, measure it to make sure its the right lenght(if it isnt right, return it)
If you do find a brand and size that fits comfortably the first time, you might want to consider buying lottery tickets; because you are a very lucky person.
Of course you could be properly fitted by someone who knows what they are doing; but what guy is going to do that???? Isnt it part of the normal male mindset to figure everything out for yourself without help ??? [[ASIN:B000QWDQX0 Squeem Magical Lingerie, Shapewear, Firm Compression, Cotton

5.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to believe I'm shrinking in such a short time., March 7, 2013
Agree with other comment about difficulty in ordering correct size. Based on the info available, I ordered a Trimmer size XL. When I received it, I discovered it was too small and returned it for a 2XL. This was a mistake. I should have kept it. I received the 2XL on Feb. 21. It fit fine using the first row of eyes. In less than a week, I was using the 2nd (tighter) row. So, then I had to re-order an XL which I received March 5 and it fit fine. Now 2 days later, I'm using the 2nd (tighter) row, all my XL shirts are too big and my L shirts fit fine once more. I lost only 2 pounds. I guess some weight just shifted. Now, I guess I have to order an L.

Update as of 4/16/2013:
Caution: You may have to buy new belts, pants, and shirts

If you couple wearing the Squeem trimmer with a sensible diet (low carbs & calories) and exercise program (6 hours/week for me), you may have to buy new belts (or punch new holes), pants and shirts. In 2 months, I have gone from the 2XL to a MEDIUM! I have lost 2 inches (waist) and 11 pounds. If you are like me and wear it 24 hours/day, you probably should have two: one to wear, and one to wash & dry. I also find the support helpful because of my abdominal hernia

4.0 out of 5 stars A word of caution on SIZE!!! As of 5/11/14, May 11, 2014
I read many of the reviews on size from men recommending we order a size or two smaller than our regular size. I am an X-large and I took the advice and ordered a Medium. It wasn't even close! I returned it for an X-large that I should have ordered in the first place and it was fine. BOTTOM LINE: They fit TRUE TO SIZE. Do not listen to the reviews that say order a smaller size. I hope this helps someone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice fit, May 21, 2013
just what I needed; it will work just fine for my needs; love to shop at Amazon for my necessaries

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, March 20, 2014
I have purchased body shaping clothing in the past but this is by far the best. It is very easy to use. Unlike many other corsets the fastenings are in the front and are hooks and eye and not strings. The Squeem gives you great shape and support for your back while improving your posture.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size does not match your pants size, March 11, 2014
I've had to reorder it 3x.

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, December 28, 2013
It's a great item and does help in loosing weight. I would suggest to others to make this purchase. It's a very snug fit, as it's suppose to and then you have smaller eyelets to come down to when you get smaller.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits great, December 17, 2013
I could only wear it for a bit at 1st but it stretches and It is working great. So I have it on more and more as time goes on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Order a size smaller than you normally wear!, August 30, 2013
I bought a small and I normally wear a medium. If you don't go down a size, then you won't get the compression benefits from this product. I love mine and wear it everyday! I am almost ready to to the next row of hooks for a tighter fit after only three weeks of wearing it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped for, February 8, 2008
I'm not obese or very out of shape. My intent was to acheive a more slimmed down look and hopefully fit comfortably in a 32" waist. This binder (maybe mine is too tight) creates extra skin that hangs over it at the top and does not look good under any form fitting top. I'm alittle disappointed and not using the product anymore.

Rate and Discover Movies