Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Squeezy Freezy Instant Slushy Maker Ships in Random Colors
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on August 25, 2013
Put it in the BACK of your freezer. I don't know why they don't put that on the box. It has to freeze completely solid and crackily or it wont work. Works better than a slurpee! I put two in the front of my freezer and two in the back. Pulled them out and the back two were frozen solid (and worked better than a slurpee), front two not so much, still squishy did not completely freeze the soda. I wish everyone knew to put them in the BACK of the freezer!
on May 27, 2013
My 2 kids (ages 9 and 14) are hooked on slushies using the Squeezy Freezy. I picked them up at a local retail store and I was a little skeptical about how well they would work, but these things are awesome! There are 3 keys to successful slushies though: 1) They Squeezy Freezy MUST be fully frozen. Let it freeze a full 4 or 5 hours before using (no matter how impatient the kids are to try it the first time); 2) Use only COLD drinks inside. Room temperature drinks melt the inside of the Squeezy Freezy and you don't get a good slush; and 3) Let the slushy sit for a minute or two before squeezing the sides. The longer you let it sit, the more the ice starts to form on the inside and the better the slushy you get. The kids use the spoon to get the slushie really going and just the motion of squeezing the sides doesn't seem to be enough. The spoon helps a lot.
33 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2013
I'm an older gal who never grew up. I admit it. I still like an occasional slushy, particularly when the outside temp hits triple digits.
(And maybe the contents of the slushies have to be made with lower calorie reduced sugar options now, but I'm still going to enjoy them when I can.)

I've tried many iced drink options, from ice crushers to snow shavers to insulated mugs that freeze the drink to the sides, and most of them were either a pain to freeze, or a pain to assemble before using, or a pain to clean up after.

This one does a fine job of freezing the contents into a soft, medium grain, frozen slurry. (No large ice crystals to crack your teeth on, but not as fine as an ice shaver.)

It's small enough to store in the freezer, and it's made of flexible silicone, so you can cram it into a small space without worrying about it breaking if it falls out of the freezer.

You fill it with any chilled drink (you definitely DO have to chill the drink first) and then squish it for a minute or two to create the slush and freeze the drink to a perfect slushy consistency. It does not take long, and it is very easy to squeeze. (In fact, you'll want to be careful not to squeeze the slush out of the top opening.) It is very little work, unlike other freezers that require shaking or stirring for several minutes.

Is it worth $17? I didn't think so when I first bought it, but after I tried it, I'd have to say yes. In this case, you get what you pay for. It really is much easier on the hands.

It only makes enough for one person though, so if you've got several kids, this might not be the right thing.
on July 18, 2013
Yes, it really does! I had been messing around with different ways of making an instant slushy, (have a look on Instructables, search for instant slushy), when I came across this. Same general principal as what I was doing, but sure to work. Yeah, ok, I'll give it a shot. Tossed it in the freezer over night, poured in some rootbeer the next day, waited a minute or two, and gave it a few squeezes. Sure enough, the result was a slushy. I'm not sure which I was more amazed at, the fact that it makes a pretty decent slushy, or that it worked at all! Anyhow, my primary gripe with it is that the cup is too small. Just 8oz of liquid allowed. Sheesh! It's going to take me a while to make my purchase worth it in terms of slushy oz per dollar spent.
on August 8, 2013
I purchased the slushy cup and was pretty skeptical. I had one (different brand/kind) as a child and loved it so I figured I'd give it a shot.

It does just what it says it supposed to. I would recommend that once you pour your drink in don't squeeze it around right away. Let it sit a minute. Mine gets extremely icy. This isn't exactly like a store bought slushy but pretty close.

The only downside for me is the size is a little small. Checking now to see if they come in larger sizes. I really like mine!
on November 4, 2013
because it makes good slushies, and it was very efficient. it takes a bit of time to get used to though.
on December 17, 2013
My kids each got one of these for a gift yesterday. ONe of them is fine, the other one is FILLED with black mold in that freezy water packet. No idea how that could get in there if it is sealed, but there is no way my children with be using either of these with that risk. Right in the garbage.
on April 11, 2014
We bought this in the fall. It worked and was fun. We put it back in the box over winter and just took it out now. The "freeze" stuff inside the plastic has hardened and is cracklly. Not expecting much, we froze the cup. As expected, my total junk waste of money can't make anything cold. No slushy. Why don't I learn not to waste my money on As Seen on TV???? They are always gimics that take my money & don't deliver.
on February 16, 2014
This was extremely disappointing. A waste of my money. I don't know if I had a defective product or what but is definitely does not make a slushy like it claims to do. I put it in the freezer for a day--much longer than the minimum of 6 hours the instructors say.
Well, it definitely failed. The pack inside was not completely frozen, so I think that's why this isn't working. But there is no reason this should not freeze. I stuck it in the deep freezer.
On another try, I partially froze my Pepsi before pouring it in. This was where the Pepsi was actually almost a slushy in the can because I had stuck it in the freezer. Well, I poured it into the Squeezy Freezy--which had been in the freezer for over a day--and BOOM! No slushy. In fact, it thawed out my Pepsi to the point where it was completely liquid now.
This thing DOES NOT WORK. Don't waste your money like I did. No offense to the company, but I will NOT be buying from them a gain. This product wasted my time and money.
on July 31, 2015
I just left a comment on the Chill Factor Slushy Maker.
I know someone who has this. I watched them go through all you are suppose to.
It is tricky and very messy.
BUT, it does work.
It depends on the types of drinks you use, how cold your freezer gets, that depends on the time. It says 6 to 8 hours. But I personally would do over night, just because that way if your freezer doesn't get below the recommended temp, it just covers it. Over night, whether your freezer is lousy or not, it'll make it as cold as it calls Also, the types of drinks. Some just seem to work better than others.
I don't think Pepsi did too good. It worked, but I think Iced Tea and Fruit Punch worked better.
But I know, it works! If it's not working for you, its either (a. defective or (b. you're doing something wrong. Whether its not waiting the full hours it's suppose to be in or what. But I've seen personally and on youtube, it works and excellent if I might add as well.
Common sense also, Put it below the level recommended. I honestly, would play around with it to find your happy medium. And it is messy. When you're squeezing it, use a towel under it or do it in the sink.
The lid can be tricky also. Make sure its on good, cause if not, it will pop off and you will get that all over.
But, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this since there's so many bad reviews.
It works! I have used products that say it works and for the life of me, it won't for me. No matter how many times I thought I was doing something right, the slightest thing, I wasn't. I was doing it wrong. So please try everything you possibly can with this if it's not working.
Try to be patient with the freezing time.
And for all you boozers LOL It didn't work for my friend's husband. LOL Idk what he used. He was trying to make some type of Electric blue raspberry drink and it just ended up being a mess. I think they also tried a Margarita but my guess is, it was a miss as well since I never heard about it since then.
So good luck and please, regardless of the bad reviews, try it.
I just learned along with Walmart, Walgreens and Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond has it too.
I heard Kmart did but it's the Slushie Maker that you put an ice cube in, not this one.
IDK if that other works but this one I know works, so I'm sticking with this.
As soon as I find it cheap enough to get. LOL
So if it's too pricy for you on here, go check those stores out first.
Ok, my 2 cents was really long.
Sorry, I tend to type too much. LOL