5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable
Published 23 months ago by H.Larking

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy
Bought these for my son, they worked fine the first week then started peeling off and getting his hands all sticky with the adhesive. Don't waste your money.
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, January 3, 2013
H.Larking (Teesside, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SquidGrip for Xbox 360 Controller (Controller Not Included) (Video Game)
I was very lucky to obtain a set of SquidGrip for the Xbox 360 from HonestXboxReviews. When I game, I don't suffer from excessive sweating on the hands, but wanted to try this product to see if it helped with my hands hurting after playing for a few hours. I tend to hold the controller tightly to stop it slipping from my hands, so wanted to see if SquidGrip would improve my grip.

When the product arrived, it came in a very sleak, stylish, and minimal sleeve type packet. Minimal, but with all of the information you need regarding SquidGrip. On the back of the packet was an easy 'tear here' strip to open without damaging the sleeve too much. The bit that I liked was that after tearing off the strip, it tells you to "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING!" - very handy for those of us that usually jump in with both feet.

Each pack contains:

2 SquidGrips (one for each side of the controller)
A set of badges,
A SquidGrip sticker
An instruction manual

The instruction manual shows you, with both text and pictures, how to successfully apply the SquidGrips to your controller, as well as how to differentiate between the left and right Grip. Applying the Grips was easy and straightforward - if I can do it, anybody can! The badges add a nice finished look to the Grips - these are customisable when you make your purchase for a small fee if you don't want the bog standard ones.

When I used the controller after applying the SquidGrips, I found them to be very comfortable, and they didn't look out of place. I did find that my fingers would edge towards the edge of the Grip on the back of the controller, but once I was used to it, everything was fine. I did notice that I didn't have to hold the controller as tightly, which was the main reason I wanted to give these a try because over-gripping causes me hand pain. This made my day and in my eyes, SquidGrip would be worth every penny of the $14.99 (plus postage).

To anyone that is looking to improve comfort or to minimise sweaty palms while playing, I would highly recommend SquidGrip.

Available for Xbox360 and PS3 controllers from [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my grippy grips!, March 29, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First off, let me start by saying I have arthritis, and I play online multi-player first person shooters, so it gets pretty intense, and ya, I sweat a little bit. I play around 4-5 hours a day usually. That being said, I will never go without Squid Grips again. I've had the same pair of grips for 2 years, and they are as perfect as the day I put them on! The grip hasn't warn down at all, which is really shocking to me honestly. They whip away sweat, they're both comfortable, and perfect for intense game play. I really can't say enough about these, I recommend them to all my gamer friends. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I had no idea until now that such an awesome product was out there., May 12, 2013
Got mine in the mail super fast. I read online reviews of people just raving about these things but I had never heard of them until I saw a random advertisement on Amazon.com. I'm so glad I found them, if you're a regular gamer like I am, these are a must have for longer online matches. My hands normally sweat and hurt really bad awhile into playing because I grip the controller very hard for some reason (especially when matches get intense) then my hands start slipping from the sweat and my reaction time and accuracy just crumble because my hands get tired and sore. Other people, the site and the package clearly state to read the instructions before applying and please do. If and when installed correctly these bad boys are a god send. They're super comfy and whisp the sweat away (I've also noticed the little sweat my hands still do produce actually helps the grip even more. The squishy like material is such a relief for my hands. the grips dont feel out of place or cheap, I'm not worried at all that they'll come off anytime soon or ever. Totally worth the few bucks they cost and they make the xbox controller look B.A. Should you get 'em? YESSS! They're awesome and if you're like a lot of us who game and have these your sore tired sweating hands will be no more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just one word.... "WOW!!!!!", June 29, 2013
The SquidGrip for the Xbox 360 Controller really hits the mark! I purchased this as it caught my attention when buying other gaming accessories and decided to give it a shot.... I'm sure glad I did. The product is basically a rubber sticker... but it's certainly much more than that! It gives you a very comfortable grip of the controller and makes it extremely easy to hold for hours and hours of gameplay. The product description claims that this will cut down on moisture build up and sweaty palms... and it's the truth!!! After quite a few marathon CoD and B4 sessions, I found myself to have zero moisture around my palms which are typically soaked. This certainly made me (and my poor controller) quite happy. I would absolutely recommend the SquidGrip to any buyer that's on the fence. Even if you don't suffer from sweaty palms while gaming, the grip texture give you an absolute hold of the controller making it a wonderful experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy, April 3, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT Stay - Poorly Made, November 18, 2014
I cleaned the controller very well and applied it as instructed but peels off everyday. I prep'ed the controller as if I was going to paint it i.e. microfiber towel and rubbing alcohol. Still didn't stay.

After closer inspection, the adhesive stayed on the controller but peeled off the actual foam grip. Take a look at the pictures.

Positive: The material feels good in hand... but I have to fix it every time I pick up the controller.

Update: [2 Stars -> 1 Star]

I've given up working with their faulty product. See the pictures.
When I return to the controller after 10+ minutes the grip is almost completely off. Unluckily for me, the glue is still there.

Completely UNHAPPY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best grips on the market imo, March 20, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've had a few grips in my lifetime, but nothing even comes close to Squidgrips. They are comfortable and look great on my grey controller. Great purchase!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great solution for those afflicted with sweaty palms, February 22, 2014
great quality and easy to use, i will gladly recommend this to others. fortunately the instructions are very clear and easy to undertand. very happy with my purchase overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH OUT THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR CONTROLLER EVER AGAIN!!! ITS THAT GOOD!!!, May 24, 2014
Omg this product is amazing after using it i cant not use a regular controler that does not have this on it it just feels weird to me its that good!! Seriously buy this no doubt that u will love this. the only small complaint i do have is that it started to peel on the edges but maybe that was my fault cuz it does tell u to clean the controler very well before u aply it so yea or maybe i got a defective one but still i just put some super glue on that and it was all good thats the only reason i gave it a 4 out of 5 stars but besides that its very good product it provides a cushion for ur hands very comfy feel you will never be able to play with out this product again!

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't stick to controller., April 9, 2014
Bought the squid grips, and the first day the struggle of keeping them on the controller began. I cleaned the controllers, and used rubbing alcohol. After it was completely dry, with clean hands I put them on the controller. I had to use crazy glue to make them stay there. The feeling is great!!! and sweat isn't an issue! If only the darned things would stay on the controller, I would have givven it 5 stars.

SquidGrip for Xbox 360 Controller (Controller Not Included)
$14.99 $14.97