Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SquidGrip for Xbox 360 Controller (Controller Not Included)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on January 3, 2013
I was very lucky to obtain a set of SquidGrip for the Xbox 360 from HonestXboxReviews. When I game, I don't suffer from excessive sweating on the hands, but wanted to try this product to see if it helped with my hands hurting after playing for a few hours. I tend to hold the controller tightly to stop it slipping from my hands, so wanted to see if SquidGrip would improve my grip.

When the product arrived, it came in a very sleak, stylish, and minimal sleeve type packet. Minimal, but with all of the information you need regarding SquidGrip. On the back of the packet was an easy 'tear here' strip to open without damaging the sleeve too much. The bit that I liked was that after tearing off the strip, it tells you to "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING!" - very handy for those of us that usually jump in with both feet.

Each pack contains:

2 SquidGrips (one for each side of the controller)
A set of badges,
A SquidGrip sticker
An instruction manual

The instruction manual shows you, with both text and pictures, how to successfully apply the SquidGrips to your controller, as well as how to differentiate between the left and right Grip. Applying the Grips was easy and straightforward - if I can do it, anybody can! The badges add a nice finished look to the Grips - these are customisable when you make your purchase for a small fee if you don't want the bog standard ones.

When I used the controller after applying the SquidGrips, I found them to be very comfortable, and they didn't look out of place. I did find that my fingers would edge towards the edge of the Grip on the back of the controller, but once I was used to it, everything was fine. I did notice that I didn't have to hold the controller as tightly, which was the main reason I wanted to give these a try because over-gripping causes me hand pain. This made my day and in my eyes, SquidGrip would be worth every penny of the $14.99 (plus postage).

To anyone that is looking to improve comfort or to minimise sweaty palms while playing, I would highly recommend SquidGrip.

Available for Xbox360 and PS3 controllers from [...]
on March 29, 2013
First off, let me start by saying I have arthritis, and I play online multi-player first person shooters, so it gets pretty intense, and ya, I sweat a little bit. I play around 4-5 hours a day usually. That being said, I will never go without Squid Grips again. I've had the same pair of grips for 2 years, and they are as perfect as the day I put them on! The grip hasn't warn down at all, which is really shocking to me honestly. They whip away sweat, they're both comfortable, and perfect for intense game play. I really can't say enough about these, I recommend them to all my gamer friends. :)
on May 12, 2013
Got mine in the mail super fast. I read online reviews of people just raving about these things but I had never heard of them until I saw a random advertisement on Amazon.com. I'm so glad I found them, if you're a regular gamer like I am, these are a must have for longer online matches. My hands normally sweat and hurt really bad awhile into playing because I grip the controller very hard for some reason (especially when matches get intense) then my hands start slipping from the sweat and my reaction time and accuracy just crumble because my hands get tired and sore. Other people, the site and the package clearly state to read the instructions before applying and please do. If and when installed correctly these bad boys are a god send. They're super comfy and whisp the sweat away (I've also noticed the little sweat my hands still do produce actually helps the grip even more. The squishy like material is such a relief for my hands. the grips dont feel out of place or cheap, I'm not worried at all that they'll come off anytime soon or ever. Totally worth the few bucks they cost and they make the xbox controller look B.A. Should you get 'em? YESSS! They're awesome and if you're like a lot of us who game and have these your sore tired sweating hands will be no more.
on November 18, 2014
I cleaned the controller very well and applied it as instructed but peels off everyday. I prep'ed the controller as if I was going to paint it i.e. microfiber towel and rubbing alcohol. Still didn't stay.

After closer inspection, the adhesive stayed on the controller but peeled off the actual foam grip. Take a look at the pictures.

Positive: The material feels good in hand... but I have to fix it every time I pick up the controller.

Update: [2 Stars -> 1 Star]

I've given up working with their faulty product. See the pictures.
When I return to the controller after 10+ minutes the grip is almost completely off. Unluckily for me, the glue is still there.

Completely UNHAPPY!
on February 29, 2016
I bought this over a month ago and I just now opened it (just my luck bc warrant is only 30 days). Well, it seems like it would be a fantastic grip if it could have been installed properly. However, one of the corners all the way to the middle the adhesive was warped or something. There was no way for it to stick to the controller. So now I have a controller with grip on only 1 side. And I've been trying to remove it and cut my losses but it's very hard to take off and leaves a mess. So basically because I got a defective product, not only do I not have grip on my controller, but it's actually all messed up with a sticky mess on the sides. I guess this isnt the sellers fault, but I wish bc of the circumstances I could get a replacement. Because THIS SUCKS!!
on February 26, 2014
the material these are made of feels AWESOME in your hand, the grip is excellent... they also don't get moist and nasty from hand sweat -- a BIG plus... the shape is cool, it wraps around nicely and fits the contours of the controller just right... the only con I've found is, like others, some of the adhesive doesn't stick so well... even after meticulously prepping the controller I still fought with several of the edges and corners peeling after only a couple gaming sessions... I allowed the adhesive to set for about four hours before I used the controller, maybe setting overnight woulda been better, I don't know... but for the edges that peeled up a bit I just grabbed a little tube of kwik-gel super glue and a little paint brush to put a real thin film of super glue under the grips... problem solved... overall, ENTIRELY worth the money and a minor hassle to make 'em excellent... as is, GOOD, after a bit of work, INCREDIBLE... also, I didn't put the little decal stickers on mine... they look cool, little 3D gel stickers, but I assume they'll just peel off in no time...
on September 6, 2013
Ive owned different types of XBox grips and without getting into their shortcomings I will say that SquidGrips are superior to them all. They look really cool and are nice and grippy without being sticky. The grips are thin but have a small amount of sponginess to them which is perfect. (one brand I had was thick neoprene and they were too mushy) Make sure you clean the controller with alcohol before applying and you should have no problem with these peeling off as the glue is very strong. The kit comes with a sticker and several little, raised emblems you can apply if you so desire. I used the little round ones seen in the photo and it gives a neat customized look.
I paired the Squids with a set of Kontrol Freaks CQC (the short green ones) and my controller rocks!
on June 29, 2013
The SquidGrip for the Xbox 360 Controller really hits the mark! I purchased this as it caught my attention when buying other gaming accessories and decided to give it a shot.... I'm sure glad I did. The product is basically a rubber sticker... but it's certainly much more than that! It gives you a very comfortable grip of the controller and makes it extremely easy to hold for hours and hours of gameplay. The product description claims that this will cut down on moisture build up and sweaty palms... and it's the truth!!! After quite a few marathon CoD and B4 sessions, I found myself to have zero moisture around my palms which are typically soaked. This certainly made me (and my poor controller) quite happy. I would absolutely recommend the SquidGrip to any buyer that's on the fence. Even if you don't suffer from sweaty palms while gaming, the grip texture give you an absolute hold of the controller making it a wonderful experience.
on October 20, 2015
May have received a defective set. I cleaned the entire brand new controller with alcohol prior to application, let dry, and did not touch the sticky side of the grips. One of the corners just kept pealing up after not using the controller for a day or two. Lasted about 2 weeks before I gave up and just pealed it off.. Really wished it would have worked out as when they were adhered, the felt great for my big hands.
on June 16, 2015
These are great and are super helpful. I like how they make your controller feel beefy. And I mean I do still have sweaty hands sometimes and I do wipe it off on my shorts, but these are a lot better than having nothing on your controller, it also serves as a little protector if you drop it, they last a good while depending on how much use you do. But they're worth it, I will probably always have them on my controller, also they make them look so much cooler. I would post a picture but I keep getting an error, sorry!