5.0 out of 5 stars Great set up for beginners!
Published on June 14, 2011 by T. Craw

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have read the bad reviews of this item too :(
Published 20 months ago by BB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set up for beginners!, June 14, 2011
T. Craw (Arkansas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Squier by Fender Sunburst Electric Guitar Kit - Includes: Stand, Strap, Gig Bag, Amp, Cable, Tuner, Strings & Pick Sampler (Electronics)
This is a great set up for beginners. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this package again. I can't find anything major to complain about, and my 11 year old son is loving his first electric guitar! An older person or someone who has more experience with guitars in general, may find this package lacking, as they most likely have all those little extras that this Fender comes with. I would recommend looking for a hard case, as I feel that the jam bag that comes with the guitar, won't protect it as well as a regular case. All in all, a great value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Starcaster breaks the mold!, September 24, 2011
The guitar looks beautiful- a fiery maple sunburst finish on a sturdy, well-finished wooden body; and it sounds even better, especially when hooked up to the amp! The strings take some getting used to, at least when one is a beginner, but they sound clear and crisp when plucked. The amp clarifies the sound enough that one can tell exactly which notes were hit and if a finger so much as brushed against the wrong string, magnifying the smallest vibrations produced by pick or fingers at the fret. And the tuner will help narrow down the correct tension in the string to produce an accurate note, although it sometimes takes a minute to work and seems to have trouble identifying the notes or the string. The pics cover the entire color spectrum. The stand and carrying case work perfectly. So far I have not used any extra strings, but they will probably be easy to affix when necessary and sound just the same as the original strings. The DVD that comes with it is OK, but it only has part of the tutorial included in the complete instructional DVD, which I bought separately for an extra 20 bucks. Overall, the package is an excellent deal for the money, and it is worth it if one is interested in learning to play the electric guitar!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Buy For The Money, April 11, 2011
This is a nice quality guitar, which comes with a stand, pics, tuner, strings, strap and amplifier... can't beat the price. The picture shows there should be a guitar case with the pack, but it doesn't come with one, which seems a little deceiving. If they're not going to include the case, then don't show it in the picture. Other than that, it's a great quality guitar with all the needed accessories for a great price. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Great Price, December 30, 2011
We bought this for our 11 year old son for Christmas this year. He absolutely loves it and is playing it all the time. Fender makes quality products and this beginner set is no exception. We are very happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOMMEEEEE, March 20, 2011
ive been playing for 18 years now and straight when i heard this deal i bought it, great price everythings legit and really great qualaty THANK YOU

4.0 out of 5 stars Great birthday present for my 10 yr old son, December 14, 2012
I am really happy with this purchase,and definitely for the price I can't complain. The guitar itself is beautiful. To my untrained ear plugged into the amp it sounds absolutely amazing, even with my son just fooling around with it.(he doesn't know how to play YET:) Honestly, if it wasn't for the tuner and the cheap carrying bag that it barely fits in, I would've given it a 5 star rating. If your on the fence about this purchase, my opinion would be go for it. For the price it's really great quality, other than the 2 minor issues I mentioned. Honestly the tuner isn't even that bad, except you have to work with it for a while on each string to finally get it right. If you are a beginner or buying for a beginner, a little advice on how to use the tuner; It clips right on the top of the handle by the tuner strings, you start with the top string, plucking one at a time until the tuner turns green showing the correct note. On this basic 6 string guitar notes are from top to bottom as follows: E A D G B e. I give you this info. because we had to do a lot of searching for it and am hoping to make this easier on you.Like I said this was a present for my 10 yr. old and we are kinda learning together. Hope this helps your decision. If you have any questions I didn't answer that's keeping you hung up on buying this, please feel free to comment on my review and I will try my best to answer back quickly;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying my Fender Starcaster, November 29, 2012
I love the look and feel of the guitar. I am just learning to play the guitar but I am very please with the sound. The tuner makes it very easy to tune the guitar. The stand and bag are good for what they are used for, if you want to really protect your guitar you should buy a case.

The only negative (and I'm sure you have read other reviewers say the same thing) is the Amp. The sound from the Amp is not the best and not very loud. However if you are purchasing this for your child to learn on, it may be just right. The Amp is fine for now but I will be purchasing a better Amp in the future.

Other than that, I think this is a great starter kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Guitar is Cool, February 1, 2012
I'm not an experienced player. In fact I've never even held a guitar before, so I'm not even exactly sure if this is a good guitar but it was definitely a good deal.I was worried because I read all the other review and some people say that they were missing things, but my package came with everything. It did take a while to come though. I ordered it on a Sunday and then another Sunday passed and it came the following day on Monday but I had standard shipping and it was like from Cali to NY. But all in all the guitar is great and the amp is good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Deal !, July 19, 2012
If you are looking for a good sounding electric guitar for the money, this is it! The guitar is a full size, beautiful instrument that sounds great. Everything that was advertised came with the purchase. The amp is small but packs a punch, it's all you really need. In fact this entire package is all you need to start "kickin' some jams." You will not be disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have read the bad reviews of this item too :(, November 17, 2012
Got the item on time. Everything was there per the ad. It was indeed a very good looking guitar. Tried to tune it. It was giving a buzzing sound. when checked closely found strings are pretty much touching the frets. Dint know how to adjust the truss rod and stuff like that (not an expert just got the info from web). So took it to a guitar center nearby. Once they looked at it they told the neck is bend and its better not to adjust it myself. They can get their expert technician to give a try, but cannot guarantee whether it can be fixed. I was not interested in fixing a newly bought item for an extra cost. Just a beginner in playing guitar and expected it will be ready to use after tuning. But if it takes experts involvement and cost to make it work..no..not interested in having it. So going to return this item back.

Rate and Discover Movies