Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on January 24, 2013
I'll start by saying I'm a 15 handicapper with a fade off the tee (I was an 8 handicapper 10 years ago, but haven't played much over the intervening years and am just starting up again). I play on a course where staying on the fairway is pretty key, and it's quite narrow.

I have been using the Bridgestone E6 and this has been great in keeping the ball straight. However, it's rock hard, has no grip on the green, and doesn't have any feel when putting. The Q-Star is (in my opinion) not quite as straight off the tee (it takes a little spin) but travels an extra 15 yards. This means that when the fairway is open I can go for it with the extra yardage bonus. When it's a bit tight, I can take a little power off to concentrate on line, but still end up in the same place as the E6 due to the extra yardage.

On and around the greens, these two balls are chalk and cheese. The E6 lands and releases (quite a long way). It's a rock solid bump and run ball, there is virtually no other way to play the greens with it. The Q-Star can be hit right to the pin and stops very quickly, even with a little backspin (which I wasn't even trying for) on occasion. There is a far superior 'feel' when putting with the Q-Star.

I'll be sticking with the Q-Star but on a really windy day, I may go back to the E6 (or even the E7 which hits low and straight).

Hope this helps.
on June 11, 2012
Good balls. Bought these to try to keep my balls in play off the tee and yet have control around the greens. I have not been dissapointed. Of course I have made some swing corrections to keep my push in check and have improved my fade as well. These balls curve nicely with the fade without slicing when well struck. Control around the greens has been good as well. Good value for the money as for me they behave as well as balls costing $45-50 per dozen.
on December 24, 2012
I'm obviously addressing the high-handicapper, because low handicappers are probably using ProV1 or Z Stars.

I was always under the impression that the most expensive ball is the best ball. That is actually true, but the ProV1 is not the best ball for my game, or any of us high-handicappers because of the workability of that ball. To us, "workability" means "high sidespin," something we don't want. I used to play the Bridgstone e5 and e6 until I discovered this the Q Star. This is the perfect ball for me...a 17 handicapper. Honestly, I wish I were good enough to play Titleist Pro V1, but I hate losing balls that cost $4 a pop...even if they do feel the best around the greens.

The Bridgestone e5 is a two piece ball like the Q-Star, but the e5 uses a urethane cover. Urethane has the best feel, but the Q-Star's RABALON and PANA-TETRA (whatever that is) cover feels pretty good to me. Also, the e5 is a high spin ball off the driver...something us high-handicappers don't need. As for the e6, there are advantages and disadvantages to the multi-layer core, and while the e6 is a three piece ball, it suffers from the drawbacks related to multi-layer balls, while the Q-Star is a two piece ball with a single core, the core is a gradient core, which means it reacts like a multi-layer core, thus will provide the benefits of a muli-layer core.

In short, the Q-Stars hit just as deep, or deeper than the Bridgestone e5 and e6, but with less spin off the driver (at least in my experience). I hit high 80's with the Bridgestone balls, and low-mid 80's with the Q-Stars. Again, I believe that Q-Stars are the best ball for me at my level and I hope to someday be good enough to play the Titleist Pro V1. Note: Srixon Q-Star $25 a box. Titleist Pro V1 $50 a box. Two for one. Nuff said.
on July 1, 2013
This is the best mid-price ball I have ever played. Long but still a ball that will spin. Does not spin like a Pro V, but it is close. Great all-around ball, long and soft and nice feel with the putter. I have now bought twice.
on June 24, 2012
decent feel and amazing distance with this ball. ball also is good with the wedges and lasts a long time without scuffing. like the yellow also, it's easy to tell which ball is mine on the green :-)
on June 11, 2013
I had previously played the Srixon AD333 ball and switched to Titleist NXT Tour and/or Pro V1 balls over the past couple of years. I missed the distance I used to get off the tee so I switched back to Srixon, choosing the Q Star. I immediately gained 10-15 yards off my tee shots, and gained about 5 yards per iron. I also started hitting the ball much straighter. The ball stops quickly on the green and I can be more aggressive now. As a result, I've dropped 5+ shots per round. No complaining here.
on March 3, 2013
This is a great ball, but not if you're looking for a soft ball. I'm a senior and with a slower swing speed, you're not going to get a great distance. But it holds up well and is great on the greens.
on September 29, 2013
I am a big Callaway fan, and all my equipment is from Callaway. I was in denial about changing my Callaway balls, but after reading lots of reviews and researching for the best ball for my game, I ended up giving these a shot. It took some time getting used to them, but now I really like the way they fly. I have to tell you that you won't believe how high in the air this ball goes. At first, I always thought my shots were coming up short as the ball was so high in the air, but it just keeps flying. I actually gained some distance with these, almost a full club. And the most impressive is that they grab on the greens well. They also have a very decent feel around the greens. Not like a a tour ball, but for the rest of us is pretty good.
The only downside I would think of is playing in windy conditions. I have not had the chance to play this ball with too much wind, but probably the high trajectory will make the ball move more than others. Overall, I am very happy with the Q-Star. For the price, no other ball would beat these. Give it a try!
on May 8, 2013
I've been playing since 1998 and I've been in the mid 80's and mid 90's for a few years. I don't practice but I play twice a week minimum. This ball is the straightest I've played for my particular swing speed which is 90+ . I don't find that it runs out so dramatically, but I play ground shots more than check up shots because I just have more control that way. This ball has improved my score - period. I play the yellow one. It tends to stay in the fairway better than Pro V1 and NXT Tour which are the balls I usually played. The Z Star doesn't give me the same straight shot...this Q Star is kind of like magic for the right golfer!
on March 3, 2014
I like the high visibility golf balls for cloudy, foggy days on the golf course where the white balls blend in well with the fog when you hit them. These Q-Star yellow balls are easier to follow when hit and easier to see on the golf course, especially when it is cart path only. As far as performance, I think these balls are solid off the tee and soft around the greens. I seem to hit these farther than my Nike Soft and Long or Noodle balls.