1,003 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and inexpensive
Published 5 days ago by Heena Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars It's now Unilever St. Ives
I've been using this product for probably 20 years, and I'm now 64. I wouldn't say it's a miracle potion, but my facial skin is mostly wrinkle-free and looks healthy--and I only apply it about every other day.

Published 7 months ago by lonebeaut

1.0 out of 5 stars It's now Unilever St. Ives, September 3, 2013
lonebeaut (land of enchantment) - See all my reviews
This review is from: St. Ives Facial Moisturizer, Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin, 10oz (Kitchen)

FYI, Unilever, one of the consumer product megacorps, now owns St. Ives, and this product has changed. I happen to have an old pre-Unilever jar which states the product is not tested on animals, but the other day, when I bought a new jar at a local pharmacy, I noticed that that claim was gone and there was a Unilever logo in the corner. So I emailed Unilever asking if the product had been tested on animals, and their response was a link to a web page that contained an awful lot of PR BS about how they're trying to evolve into a non-animal testing company, blah blah blah. But no specific information about this moisturizer was offered.

I compared the ingredients in the old jar to the new one, and I noticed that at least three of the natural ingredients are now missing and the order of ingredients has been shuffled. So for any of you who are experiencing skin irritation, there may be good reason for that. It's not the same product it used to be. Beware. I'm returning my jar to the store I bought it at and I'll be looking for an animal-kind moisturizer to replace it.

Please consider writing your representative in Congress to co-sponsor the Humane Cosmetics Act. The E.U., Israel, Norway, and India have already banned the inhumane and unscientific practice of animal testing on cosmetics. More accurate results can be obtained from human-based cell and tissue testing methods.

Here's a listing of the ingredients in my pre-Unilever moisturizer. You can compare it to the Unilever ingredients (including the changed order) and make up your own mind about it:

Water
Hydrolyzed collagen
Coumarin
Geraniol

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and inexpensive, April 15, 2014
This product is hands down my favorite moisturizer out there and it is reasonably priced. I have combined it with both Renuvaderm and PhytoDerm Renuvaderm - The Most Complete Anti-Aging Skin Supplement! and PhytoDerm - The Best 100% Pure Skin Restoring Anti-Aging Phytoceramides! as both have been featured on Dr. Oz as miracle supplements to help you look younger. The combination of these products has given me amazing results, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL PRODUCT, January 12, 2013
I bought this as a "get by." But after using it for the past 8 weeks have discovered it works as well, if not, better than my $95.00 moisturizer. I'm going to stick with this. It seems to have a better firming effect and I have noticed a smoother appearance to my skin tone.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite skin care products ever hands down, June 6, 2013
I actually bought this at Walmart instead of Amazon. I might have paid maybe around 3 or 4 dollars for this TEN OUNCE jar. It's a lot of moisturizer, but it works fantastically. I am a serious skin care product junkie. My boyfriend likes to joke that if someone told me monkey poop would give me beautiful skin I'd be the first one in line to buy a tube. Curiously there have been no such studies. But St. Ives really outdid themselves with this one.

I'm young, but I am a smoker...Terrible, even worse, because I know better. I started noticing deep lines forming down each sides of my face kind of between my nose and cheeks which I decided had to be because of this awful habit. Straight away I was on a mission to find some "cure" even after years of experimenting and using different skin care products and tools including vitamin E oil, hyaluronic acid, massage therapy, etc. Now, I really liked the St. Ives Apricot scrub, but when I compared it to the cheaper Queen Helene version I was smitten. Having never tried any other St. Ives product, strangely, I shrugged off the entire line and figured it was just another dime a dozen commercial company with a "natural" gimmick. Now I see that I was missing out all this time on at least one of their gems, because I use this moisturizer every day faithfully and those lines have disappeared by 98%, not to mention my skin always looks hydrated, not greasy, oily, shiny or superficially moisturized at all. My skin texture appearance continues to improve with every use to the point that I always receive unsolicited compliments and I treat my make up foundation like a stray dog. This moisturizer really is very special... it just sinks into the skin and imparts the kind of suppleness we take for granted as children and then long for in adulthood.

The smell is fresh and light.I even use it on my body sometimes! The formula is non-comedogenic, which is essential to someone like me with oily/combination skin type. The jar itself, while I anticipate battle cries among the nitpickers about hygiene risks, is extremely economical and will last forever. I could go on and on, but all anyone reading this needs to know is: PURCHASE IMMEDIATELY! I mean, come on ...the sheer number of reviews on this website alone should speak volumes!!

4.0 out of 5 stars before it was on Dr Oz, March 27, 2013
Tina Brandon (RALEIGH, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased this before it was on Dr Oz and so glad I did. I noticed a change in my face the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST, July 7, 2013
I have been using this cream for several years now & I am still in love with this!! Its such an afforable price & works so very good...I know because I ran out one time & tried another cream.....my face didnt look as good....& didnt feel as good. I went right back to the St. Ives!! I am 55+ & have had people aske me what cream I use....I always tell them the St. Ives...It works & you cant beat the price!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars moisturizer, April 8, 2013
love this, not to heavy and absorbs fast. Not a heavy fragrance so it's not overpowering. Large container also should last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great moisturizer, January 7, 2013
I've used a lot of more costly moisturizers (Elemis, Philosophy, etc) and this stuff does just as good a job. I can't believe how cheap it is! I get compliments on my skin all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT, August 15, 2013
HAVE BOUGHT THIS BEFORE. VERY GOOD FACIAL MOISTURIZER, COMPLEXION LOOKS DEWEY AND SMOOTH AND LINES SEEM TO DIMINISH. JAR LASTS A LONG TIME.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hydration, July 6, 2013
Love this moisturizer. It is light enough on your face not to be greasy but perfect to keep my face hydrated. I'm older so hydration keeps the wrinkles away.

ARRAY(0xa0a83bf4)