1,121 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL PRODUCT
I bought this as a "get by." But after using it for the past 8 weeks have discovered it works as well, if not, better than my $95.00 moisturizer. I'm going to stick with this. It seems to have a better firming effect and I have noticed a smoother appearance to my skin tone.
Published 18 months ago by S. Mock

1.0 out of 5 stars It's now Unilever St. Ives
I've been using this product for probably 20 years, and I'm now 64. I wouldn't say it's a miracle potion, but my facial skin is mostly wrinkle-free and looks healthy--and I only apply it about every other day.

Published 10 months ago by lonebeaut

1.0 out of 5 stars It's now Unilever St. Ives, September 3, 2013
lonebeaut (land of enchantment) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: St. Ives Facial Moisturizer, Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin, 10oz (Health and Beauty)

FYI, Unilever, one of the consumer product megacorps, now owns St. Ives, and this product has changed. I happen to have an old pre-Unilever jar which states the product is not tested on animals, but the other day, when I bought a new jar at a local pharmacy, I noticed that that claim was gone and there was a Unilever logo in the corner. So I emailed Unilever asking if the product had been tested on animals, and their response was a link to a web page that contained an awful lot of PR BS about how they're trying to evolve into a non-animal testing company, blah blah blah. But no specific information about this moisturizer was offered.

I compared the ingredients in the old jar to the new one, and I noticed that at least three of the natural ingredients are now missing and the order of ingredients has been shuffled. So for any of you who are experiencing skin irritation, there may be good reason for that. It's not the same product it used to be. Beware. I'm returning my jar to the store I bought it at and I'll be looking for an animal-kind moisturizer to replace it.

Please consider writing your representative in Congress to co-sponsor the Humane Cosmetics Act. The E.U., Israel, Norway, and India have already banned the inhumane and unscientific practice of animal testing on cosmetics. More accurate results can be obtained from human-based cell and tissue testing methods.

If you want more information on cruelty-free cosmetics, check out, on the NEAVS (New England Anti-Vivisection Society) website, the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), which certifies more than 500 brands that do not test on animals. Another excellent source is Cruelty Free International, which is a global campaign to end animal testing (more information on NEAVS website). You can watch the video by Ricky Gervais and read about actor Peter Dinklage's association with this campaign.

Here's a listing of the ingredients in my pre-Unilever moisturizer. You can compare it to the Unilever ingredients (including the changed order) and make up your own mind about it:

Water
Hydrolyzed collagen
Coumarin
Geraniol

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL PRODUCT, January 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite skin care products ever hands down, June 6, 2013
I actually bought this at Walmart instead of Amazon. I might have paid maybe around 3 or 4 dollars for this TEN OUNCE jar. It's a lot of moisturizer, but it works fantastically. I am a serious skin care product junkie. My boyfriend likes to joke that if someone told me monkey poop would give me beautiful skin I'd be the first one in line to buy a tube. Curiously there have been no such studies. But St. Ives really outdid themselves with this one.

I'm young, but I am a smoker...Terrible, even worse, because I know better. I started noticing deep lines forming down each sides of my face kind of between my nose and cheeks which I decided had to be because of this awful habit. Straight away I was on a mission to find some "cure" even after years of experimenting and using different skin care products and tools including vitamin E oil, hyaluronic acid, massage therapy, etc. Now, I really liked the St. Ives Apricot scrub, but when I compared it to the cheaper Queen Helene version I was smitten. Having never tried any other St. Ives product, strangely, I shrugged off the entire line and figured it was just another dime a dozen commercial company with a "natural" gimmick. Now I see that I was missing out all this time on at least one of their gems, because I use this moisturizer every day faithfully and those lines have disappeared by 98%, not to mention my skin always looks hydrated, not greasy, oily, shiny or superficially moisturized at all. My skin texture appearance continues to improve with every use to the point that I always receive unsolicited compliments and I treat my make up foundation like a stray dog. This moisturizer really is very special... it just sinks into the skin and imparts the kind of suppleness we take for granted as children and then long for in adulthood.

The smell is fresh and light.I even use it on my body sometimes! The formula is non-comedogenic, which is essential to someone like me with oily/combination skin type. The jar itself, while I anticipate battle cries among the nitpickers about hygiene risks, is extremely economical and will last forever. I could go on and on, but all anyone reading this needs to know is: PURCHASE IMMEDIATELY! I mean, come on ...the sheer number of reviews on this website alone should speak volumes!!

4.0 out of 5 stars before it was on Dr Oz, March 27, 2013
Tina Brandon (RALEIGH, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased this before it was on Dr Oz and so glad I did. I noticed a change in my face the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great moisturizer, January 7, 2013
I've used a lot of more costly moisturizers (Elemis, Philosophy, etc) and this stuff does just as good a job. I can't believe how cheap it is! I get compliments on my skin all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of everything in this jar!, April 12, 2014
I am very sensitive and even the "for sensitive' doesn't do as well as this does. Light, goes on smoothly (great for neck and cleavage! ladies don't forget this spot!) So many people think I'm 8 to 10 years younger than I am, because of my routine of staying out of the sun and using this morning and night!
BUT DON"T BUY THIS HERE!!! I bought here for less than 5 dollars, now 10??
Local drug store had it for 5.
People are right "PRIME" is only a way to jerk up the price more! Shame on you Amazon!!
Do some comparison pricing, and you will see how high your price is! Just because it is here does NOT make it a good price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!!!, April 24, 2013
Love this cream...it absorbs very well on me I love the feeling of this moisturizer! It actually feels better than the Neutrogena cream I use to buy for $9.99. Love this cream and very reasonable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Jar, January 9, 2013
Wow...so much moisturizer in this jar. I use it not only on my face, but my hands. I'm 58 and I heard somewheres that I am at the age where it is ok to use my face cream on my hands. Really lasting a long time. Drys nicely too. What a price steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous, Magical Cloud Light Potion For the Face!, November 10, 2008
I have used every expensive lotion for the face from Kinerase to Clarins to Chanel and everything else in between. This light as a cloud, non greasy face cream is sheer heaven and its crucial ingredients, collagen and elastin really replenish my skin and make it look and feel like I am 18 again (I am 41). The scent is also very light and very pleasant as I am trying to avoid heavy, perfume laden creams and lotions. This stuff absords beeeeeeautifully and I wake up to gorgeous, glowy, youthful skin. I always trust nature based products and this one doesn't disappoint! Great, affordable price and wonderful age reducing results that have done me proud over the last 20 plus years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insane, July 2, 2011
Jaquen (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
I'm a man, who has naturally smooth, typically blemish free skin. My entire skin care regiment has basically consisted of a good soap and water scrub in the shower with my wash cloth, and that's that. My skin has never felt like it was in need of a moisturizer, and after a regular old shower wash it feels pretty good, or "dewy" as my wife likes to call it.

But I'm also an actor, and I'm 31 years old now. I drink a lot of water (when I don't I can tell the difference), I don't smoke, and I rarely drink, but I've also started looking around for skin care products that will help me preserve the quality of my skin, and keep me as fresh and youthful looking as possible. For me it's not an issue of vanity, but of actual livelihood; how my skin looks has actual career and financial implications. Having good skin isn't an excuse for me to just assume I'll always have good skin, and I've heard enough times by now that starting younger is better.

Back in the day my sister and mom use to use the old St. Ives apricot scrub, which I used a few times many years ago. You know the one that basically felt you were scrubbing your face with gravel. I liked the rougher texture, and decided to turn to try St. Ives now when I was looking for some skin care products. After reading reviews for several, I ultimately decided on the extremely well regarded St. Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microdermabrasion 4 oz (113 g)and this moisturizer.

Last night I used both for the first time. While I'm looking to take better care of my skin, I also am not looking to use a 1,000 products, or have a lot of fuss and work over my skin. The exfoliating cream was a lot less harsh than I expected, especially in comparison to the old apricot scrub. I used that, let me skin dry a little, and then applied the moisturizer.

Now like I said above, I'm use to "dewy" skin naturally. But about 10 minutes after applying this stuff I was literally floored at how my skin felt. My skin feels better than I have ever felt it in my life. It's extremely smooth, feels taut, and looks vibrant and bright. I don't have a ton of experience with a wide variety of skin care products, so I have no idea if this is standard, but none of the products I have used even remotely came close to making my skin feel, and look, this amazing. My wife came home and I told her she had to touch my face, and she did. She said it felt really "firm", almost like I'd had botox or something (which I thought was hilarious). She couldn't stop rubbing her arm on my face, just to feel the texture. I think she was a little jealous ;).

It's over 12 hours since I put this stuff on and my skin still feels like a satin sheet. I've never written a review for a skin care product. I never imagined I would even be compelled to. But I'm telling you, especially you reluctant men out there, this stuff feels insanely good on your skin. Between this, and the other product, I've found something quick, easy, and most importantly, something that worked from the FIRST application.

Rate and Discover Movies