Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Moisturizer, Collagen Elastin 10 oz
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: Pack of 1|Change

on September 3, 2013
I've been using this product for probably 20 years, and I'm now 64. I wouldn't say it's a miracle potion, but my facial skin is mostly wrinkle-free and looks healthy--and I only apply it about every other day.

FYI, Unilever, one of the consumer product megacorps, now owns St. Ives, and this product has changed. I happen to have an old pre-Unilever jar which states the product is not tested on animals, but the other day, when I bought a new jar at a local pharmacy, I noticed that that claim was gone and there was a Unilever logo in the corner. So I emailed Unilever asking if the product had been tested on animals, and their response was a link to a web page that contained an awful lot of PR BS about how they're trying to evolve into a non-animal testing company, blah blah blah. But no specific information about this moisturizer was offered.

I compared the ingredients in the old jar to the new one, and I noticed that at least three of the natural ingredients are now missing and the order of ingredients has been shuffled. So for any of you who are experiencing skin irritation, there may be good reason for that. It's not the same product it used to be. Beware. I'm returning my jar to the store I bought it at and I'll be looking for an animal-kind moisturizer to replace it.

Please consider writing your representative in Congress to co-sponsor the Humane Cosmetics Act. The E.U., Israel, Norway, and India have already banned the inhumane and unscientific practice of animal testing on cosmetics. More accurate results can be obtained from human-based cell and tissue testing methods.

If you want more information on cruelty-free cosmetics, check out, on the NEAVS (New England Anti-Vivisection Society) website, the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), which certifies more than 500 brands that do not test on animals. Another excellent source is Cruelty Free International, which is a global campaign to end animal testing (more information on NEAVS website). You can watch the video by Ricky Gervais and read about actor Peter Dinklage's association with this campaign.

And did you know that besides being unethical, animal testing produces severe environmental pollution? Find out the shocking facts on the NEAVS website under environmental campaigns.

Here's a listing of the ingredients in my pre-Unilever moisturizer. You can compare it to the Unilever ingredients (including the changed order) and make up your own mind about it:

Water--Mineral oil
Hydrolyzed elastin
Hydrolyzed collagen
Coumarin
Geraniol

105105 comments|1,630 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2016
I love this face Moisturizer. This is the 2nd time I've purchased this. I fully used the entire first container. I don’t know that I’ve fully used a moisturizer up before. I originally found out about it by reading a beauty blog that this was mentioned as a low cost powerhouse product.
I like using it at night and sometimes put in on in the morning too, especially in winter
This has a soft feel on my skin that’s not too heavy. It’s thicker than a serum but doesn’t cause acne.

Tips:
Applying it: I use my fingers, and put it on after all other face products.

Here’s the order I recommend using products (based on reading I’ve done as a consumer, not an expert)
• Cleanser
• Toner
• Serums & spot treatments
• Moisturizer

My rating: Excellent: I recommend this product - I’d be hard-pressed to ever change moisturizers
Have questions? Feel free to ask. I will try to respond quickly to questions.
If this review was at all helpful, please click yes below to let me know.

I ordered this St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer on Amazon and paid full asking price for it. I enjoy being able to share my opinions and experiences with products to help other consumers in making informed purchasing decisions.
review image review image review image
on July 15, 2015
I've been a firm believer in St. Ives since I was a teenager. I started using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub two times a week in high school, and haven't looked back since. I had never used any of their other products when a friend of mine recommended this collagen skin moisturizer, after I told her I was searching for a substitute for my expensive night cream that I could no longer afford. I read through the reviews, and ordered a jar online. After a week of using it, I can honestly say that this is a great product that everyone should use. I put it on my face before I go to bed and when I wake up I have really moisturized skin. I only have to use a light moisturizer in the day time that doesn't clog up my pores.

The most important thing about this moisturizer though, is that it goes perfectly well with my tea tree oil that I use for my cystic acne. Basically, I start my skin regimen by washing my face with face wash and then twice a week I use my TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar), and then use my extractor with the oil to attack problem areas on my face(by the way, TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! :this particular brand of tea tree oil face products are AMAZING). After this, I use the collagen skin moisturizer right before bed, and I've been waking up in the morning with really good looking skin, and I've been having less breakouts as well. I recommend this product to anyone who needs something ultra hydrating to wear at night, as well as to anyone who uses the tea tree oil products.
1111 comments|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2016
Let me Begin by saying that I am a fifty something woman that has always taken great care of my skin. I begin every day with a very gentle cleaner as I don't have any detectable problems with acne or breakouts of any kind. I have always been lucky in that department. I didn't begin with a moisturizing regime until I was in my forties as my skin always tended toward the oily side, especially in the T-zone area around my nose, forehead, and chin.Just a light moisturizer and out the door.
Now as I begin to age gracefully I notice that I need to hydrate my skin especially the cheek area and saw Dr Oz talking about this product and decided to try it. The price is amazing and it can easily be purchased at your local Walmart or CVS in the beauty isles.The Jar that it comes in is large and easy to use. I absolutely Love the consistency which I find not too thick or too thin so that it is super easy to apply to any part of your body.
I use it on my face and neck are every morning when I feel my skin getting a little tight .The results are almost immediate!. The texture of my skin is smooth and soft. The moisture is amazing but not greasy at all. It absorbs super quickly. I recommend keeping the jar near the shower and applying it right after the shower for maximum results. I have even used it when shaving my legs and they were amazing soft. For the cost you just cant go wrong. I have tried lots of products costing many times what I paid for this with some not so pleasant results.If you are looking for a super hydrating,low cost,high performing moisturiser for your face and body,This is it!
As far as what it advertises right on the labe in regards to visibly reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkls I do think my skin is more hydrated so fine lines would naturally appear less noticeable which is a big Plus in my book. Ive notices good results in the elasticity departments as well..Just too many great thigs about this product not to try it for yourself. Its is a great everyday moisturiser!
on October 13, 2015
This tub is HUGE!! I've been on it for a week and have literally only used the lotion that was stuck to the lid. I like that the moisturizer doesn't smell as much and doesn't leave my face looking oily. It definitely does moisturize as well. As for reducing wrinkles, I haven't really seen anything different.

Additionally, you really aren't going to be getting a lot of collagen product absorbed because that's just how our skin works. You need to increase your skin's natural collagen producing abilities and absorption of any collagen will be minimal at best. If you look at the hydrolyzed collagen on the ingredients list, it's definitely not the first on the list either, so I don't know how much they add.

Overall, a great moisturizer for the face and I will keep using it
on May 28, 2016
I've only used this for about a month but so far I'm really loving it. The main thing is that it's one of the few moisturizers that doesn't leave my skin flaming red and burning. I've tried dozens upon dozens of them and most instantly turn my face bright red and burns for hours. This one doesn't, in fact it feels really nice going on. A creamy, silky texture that doesn't feel greasy and blends in nicely.

I started using Retin A a few years ago, which leaves my normally oily skin extremely dry. So I've been testing out moisturizers for over 2 years now and always skipped past this "cheap" one. Well...that was a mistake and I should have gone with this inexpensive kind right off the bat and saved myself so much wasted money on moisturizers that irritate my face.

This does have mineral oil, which I know is a touchy subject. Normally I'm more the crunchy type but all types of oils I've tried have caused breakouts. While I love coconut, olive, jojoba, rose hip, etc. oils on my body and hair, they are a disaster on my face and mineral oil isn't so I'm happy to go along with it.

As for wrinkles I can't say. I'm only 30 with very pale skin and have avoided the sun and religiously use sunscreen. Plus I eat healthy and refrain from smoking or drinking. Oh yeah, plus use Retin a. So while I can't voice for any anti aging aspects of this cream, I can say that it does a great job at moisturizing and is kind to my skin, unlike 99% of the other moisturizers out there. It's cheap, feels great going on, keeps my skin soft despite my love affair and overuse of Retin a, and isn't greasy or oily. That makes it a winner in my book!
on November 29, 2015
I bought this cream at my local beauty supply store after a sales associate helped me find a good moisturizer for my skin and I've gotta say that I am very pleased with the results and the moisturizer itself. I am only 23 don't have much wrinkles yet but after two weeks of using it I can already see the tightening on my face and neck. My face seems much tighter and lifted. I use this cream religiously every day morning and night after I cleanse my face or take a shower and I am more than happy. It's a big jar and will last forever so you can definitely use it on other dry areas on your body. The consistency of this lotion is a bit more on the liquidy side which can spread out faster and better on your face and also you use less than using more. It absorbs very quickly and leaves the skin fresh and hydrated. The best part? It's cheap and has almost the same exact ingedients as higher end creams do. This moisturizer is a must have ladies or gents!!
on November 29, 2015
Ordering my second jar today. Love it! Let me say that I use and have used a ton of different creams. I have no issues with paying a lot of money for a good cream that works. I bought this on a whim. Do I think it's a miracle worker.... no, but it sure does leave my skin soft! Really soft. I have been using this on my face, and the rest of my body. With such an incredible price tag, I don't mind using it on my hands, elbows, legs. A little goes a long way! I only use a small amount on my face or it would be too heavy. This stuff will get my skin through the harsh PA winter!
on May 19, 2016
Couldn't pass up this as an add on-- you receive a ton of product. You only need a small dab for your face (if you over-apply, as with any lotion it it will seem greasy, and could still clog some pores, but if you don't over do it, it absorbs fine and presents no issues with break outs,etc) Smell is pretty pleasant. As with any moisturizer, don't expect over night results or super drastic changes in a quick period of time. I've noticed in the few weeks that I've used it, that it's helped ease some of the fine lines I've seen develop the last few years. I only use it at night after I shower (since it doesn't have SPF value, I don't use it in the morning). Really helps to keep skin moisturized. Taking care of your skin from a prevention side is the best defense against aging and to keep it healthy... (sun screen, hydrate, nutrition, etc)... but this is definitely a great addition to your skin care regimen.
on June 19, 2015
I have been using this product for several months now and I do feel it is a bit heavy and oily for someone who has combination skin. I also do not see much of a difference in how taught my skin looks. However I love the way it smells and it does make my skin feel very soft but I do not believe it is ideal for my skin type.