Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

Size: Pack of 1Change
Price:$4.79+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 3, 2013
I've been using this product for probably 20 years, and I'm now 64. I wouldn't say it's a miracle potion, but my facial skin is mostly wrinkle-free and looks healthy--and I only apply it about every other day.

FYI, Unilever, one of the consumer product megacorps, now owns St. Ives, and this product has changed. I happen to have an old pre-Unilever jar which states the product is not tested on animals, but the other day, when I bought a new jar at a local pharmacy, I noticed that that claim was gone and there was a Unilever logo in the corner. So I emailed Unilever asking if the product had been tested on animals, and their response was a link to a web page that contained an awful lot of PR BS about how they're trying to evolve into a non-animal testing company, blah blah blah. But no specific information about this moisturizer was offered.

I compared the ingredients in the old jar to the new one, and I noticed that at least three of the natural ingredients are now missing and the order of ingredients has been shuffled. So for any of you who are experiencing skin irritation, there may be good reason for that. It's not the same product it used to be. Beware. I'm returning my jar to the store I bought it at and I'll be looking for an animal-kind moisturizer to replace it.

Please consider writing your representative in Congress to co-sponsor the Humane Cosmetics Act. The E.U., Israel, Norway, and India have already banned the inhumane and unscientific practice of animal testing on cosmetics. More accurate results can be obtained from human-based cell and tissue testing methods.

If you want more information on cruelty-free cosmetics, check out, on the NEAVS (New England Anti-Vivisection Society) website, the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), which certifies more than 500 brands that do not test on animals. Another excellent source is Cruelty Free International, which is a global campaign to end animal testing (more information on NEAVS website). You can watch the video by Ricky Gervais and read about actor Peter Dinklage's association with this campaign.

And did you know that besides being unethical, animal testing produces severe environmental pollution? Find out the shocking facts on the NEAVS website under environmental campaigns.

Here's a listing of the ingredients in my pre-Unilever moisturizer. You can compare it to the Unilever ingredients (including the changed order) and make up your own mind about it:

Water--Mineral oil
Hydrolyzed elastin
Hydrolyzed collagen
Coumarin
Geraniol

8989 comments1,360 of 1,560 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
I've been a firm believer in St. Ives since I was a teenager. I started using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub two times a week in high school, and haven't looked back since. I had never used any of their other products when a friend of mine recommended this collagen skin moisturizer, after I told her I was searching for a substitute for my expensive night cream that I could no longer afford. I read through the reviews, and ordered a jar online. After a week of using it, I can honestly say that this is a great product that everyone should use. I put it on my face before I go to bed and when I wake up I have really moisturized skin. I only have to use a light moisturizer in the day time that doesn't clog up my pores.

The most important thing about this moisturizer though, is that it goes perfectly well with my tea tree oil that I use for my cystic acne. Basically, I start my skin regimen by washing my face with face wash and then twice a week I use my TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar), and then use my extractor with the oil to attack problem areas on my face(by the way, TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! :this particular brand of tea tree oil face products are AMAZING). After this, I use the collagen skin moisturizer right before bed, and I've been waking up in the morning with really good looking skin, and I've been having less breakouts as well. I recommend this product to anyone who needs something ultra hydrating to wear at night, as well as to anyone who uses the tea tree oil products.
1010 comments127 of 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2016
Let me Begin by saying that I am a fifty something woman that has always taken great care of my skin. I begin every day with a very gentle cleaner as I don't have any detectable problems with acne or breakouts of any kind. I have always been lucky in that department. I didn't begin with a moisturizing regime until I was in my forties as my skin always tended toward the oily side, especially in the T-zone area around my nose, forehead, and chin.Just a light moisturizer and out the door.
Now as I begin to age gracefully I notice that I need to hydrate my skin especially the cheek area and saw Dr Oz talking about this product and decided to try it. The price is amazing and it can easily be purchased at your local Walmart or CVS in the beauty isles.The Jar that it comes in is large and easy to use. I absolutely Love the consistency which I find not too thick or too thin so that it is super easy to apply to any part of your body.
I use it on my face and neck are every morning when I feel my skin getting a little tight .The results are almost immediate!. The texture of my skin is smooth and soft. The moisture is amazing but not greasy at all. It absorbs super quickly. I recommend keeping the jar near the shower and applying it right after the shower for maximum results. I have even used it when shaving my legs and they were amazing soft. For the cost you just cant go wrong. I have tried lots of products costing many times what I paid for this with some not so pleasant results.If you are looking for a super hydrating,low cost,high performing moisturiser for your face and body,This is it!
As far as what it advertises right on the labe in regards to visibly reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkls I do think my skin is more hydrated so fine lines would naturally appear less noticeable which is a big Plus in my book. Ive notices good results in the elasticity departments as well..Just too many great thigs about this product not to try it for yourself. Its is a great everyday moisturiser!
on January 9, 2016
My face feels instantly refreshed using this moisturizer and I do not break out from it.
on January 26, 2016
I deployed last year and the air & water in Afghanistan dried out my skin HORRIBLY. I ordered this moisturizer and it feels awesome! It makes my face a little greasy looking if I put more than a dab, so I use this one mostly before bed. It makes my skin soft and cool. However, I feel like it doesn't last a very long time and would need reapplication if used throughout the day. I don't think it's the PERFECT moisturizer for that reason. However, I've been using this product for more than a year so I obviously still like it very much anyway. :)
on January 10, 2016
I am loving this product! I have very sensitive skin and have been using The same face lotion for at least 10 years. I bought this only to use around my eyes- I didn't want to spend a rediculous amount of money on .05oz of eye cream...this tub is huge and had what I was looking for. I ended up using it on my face, neck and chest. This was a huge risk bc I break out from everything! I loved it! It leaves your skin so smooth and just better! I haven't broken out from it at all. I highly recommend trying this lotion!
on January 21, 2016
This is a great night-time moisturizer since it doesn't have SPF. I saw it on a show as they were comparing expensive moisturizers and said that St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Moisturizer with Collagen is just a good. Since it's a big tub I make sure to do my neck and chest area. Would be nice if it had SPF. I've been using it for years and love the feel of it. Not too thick, not too thin.
on January 24, 2016
I am in LOVE with this stuff!!!! I have very sensitive combo skin.......I have been buying a cream that comes in a jar probably only a 1/4 of this size and pay almost $20!!!! My skin has never been softer with this moisturizer!!! It feels amazing and I love the price even more!!!! I highly recommend this for any skin type!
on January 21, 2016
Amazing! I can't stress enough how wonderful this product is. It's light, it firms my skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles, has a light scent, and doesn't clog my pores. Doesn't leave me shiny or feeling sticky. And you get a lot of it, which is always a plus.
on January 20, 2016
So far so good. I have a very sensitive skin and this does not cause my skin to breakout. It gives the moisture that your skin needs and is not greasy at all. It works as good as expensive creams that I have used in the past. I love the price as well.