Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

Size: Pack of 1Change
Price:$5.29+ Free shipping (Addon item)

1,235 of 1,413 people found the following review helpful
on September 3, 2013
I've been using this product for probably 20 years, and I'm now 64. I wouldn't say it's a miracle potion, but my facial skin is mostly wrinkle-free and looks healthy--and I only apply it about every other day.

FYI, Unilever, one of the consumer product megacorps, now owns St. Ives, and this product has changed. I happen to have an old pre-Unilever jar which states the product is not tested on animals, but the other day, when I bought a new jar at a local pharmacy, I noticed that that claim was gone and there was a Unilever logo in the corner. So I emailed Unilever asking if the product had been tested on animals, and their response was a link to a web page that contained an awful lot of PR BS about how they're trying to evolve into a non-animal testing company, blah blah blah. But no specific information about this moisturizer was offered.

I compared the ingredients in the old jar to the new one, and I noticed that at least three of the natural ingredients are now missing and the order of ingredients has been shuffled. So for any of you who are experiencing skin irritation, there may be good reason for that. It's not the same product it used to be. Beware. I'm returning my jar to the store I bought it at and I'll be looking for an animal-kind moisturizer to replace it.

Please consider writing your representative in Congress to co-sponsor the Humane Cosmetics Act. The E.U., Israel, Norway, and India have already banned the inhumane and unscientific practice of animal testing on cosmetics. More accurate results can be obtained from human-based cell and tissue testing methods.

If you want more information on cruelty-free cosmetics, check out, on the NEAVS (New England Anti-Vivisection Society) website, the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC), which certifies more than 500 brands that do not test on animals. Another excellent source is Cruelty Free International, which is a global campaign to end animal testing (more information on NEAVS website). You can watch the video by Ricky Gervais and read about actor Peter Dinklage's association with this campaign.

And did you know that besides being unethical, animal testing produces severe environmental pollution? Find out the shocking facts on the NEAVS website under environmental campaigns.

Here's a listing of the ingredients in my pre-Unilever moisturizer. You can compare it to the Unilever ingredients (including the changed order) and make up your own mind about it:

Water--Mineral oil
Hydrolyzed elastin
Hydrolyzed collagen

8484 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
I've been a firm believer in St. Ives since I was a teenager. I started using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub two times a week in high school, and haven't looked back since. I had never used any of their other products when a friend of mine recommended this collagen skin moisturizer, after I told her I was searching for a substitute for my expensive night cream that I could no longer afford. I read through the reviews, and ordered a jar online. After a week of using it, I can honestly say that this is a great product that everyone should use. I put it on my face before I go to bed and when I wake up I have really moisturized skin. I only have to use a light moisturizer in the day time that doesn't clog up my pores.

The most important thing about this moisturizer though, is that it goes perfectly well with my tea tree oil that I use for my cystic acne. Basically, I start my skin regimen by washing my face with face wash and then twice a week I use my TreeActiv Anti Acne & Rosacea Treatment Sulfur Mask Plus Rhassoul, Bentonite Clay Mask with Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera - Refreshing Lemon Scent (1 Jar), and then use my extractor with the oil to attack problem areas on my face(by the way, TreeActiv+ Tea Tree Oil Acne Solution for Advanced Acne Treatment - All Natural Acne Spot Treatment - Blemishes Gone or Your Money Back! :this particular brand of tea tree oil face products are AMAZING). After this, I use the collagen skin moisturizer right before bed, and I've been waking up in the morning with really good looking skin, and I've been having less breakouts as well. I recommend this product to anyone who needs something ultra hydrating to wear at night, as well as to anyone who uses the tea tree oil products.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
This is a great product I like the way it feels when I apply it to my face an my body it makes my skin feel soft an refreshed. I use it everyday morning an night. By the way I'm 51 an I hope I can stay looking this way the rest of my years using
St Ives😀
review image
on October 5, 2015
This...stuff...SUCKS!! I've had this on my wishlist for what feels like forever, so I bought it as soon as I spotted it at my local big-box store. And it was so cheap! At least five bucks cheaper than all the other moisturizers around it! I snapped it up and took it home. After going through my usual nighttime routine, I used this as moisturizer. I woke up the next day from a full night of sleep, checked my face out...and was terrified! Instead of seeing soft skin, I saw something crinkly and plastic-looking. And my face is neither of those things! I quickly cleaned it all off and checked its ingredients. The first two: Water, and MINERAL OIL! Mineral oil doesn't even absorb into your skin! It's a barrier, something that just...lays on top. Though this might have plenty of great applications, daily facial moisturizer isn't one of them. My face hated this - and I was so happy and excited, too!

I will say, though, that since I didn't want to waste it, I used it as a hair masque instead. I saturated my dry hair with it, tucked it under a shower/heat cap, and left it on for an hour and a half. Mineral oil or not, it made my hair soft and happy! I gave it two stars just because of that!
on July 14, 2013
This product gives me terrible acne and breakouts. Very disappointing. Works well as a hand and body moisturizer but do not put on your face!
on May 14, 2015
Not pleased that they have a new formula and are no longer animal friendly. They should be ashamed. Talk about a huge step backwards...
Also after using it for several months I started getting little bumps on my forehead and pimples between my eysbrows. The little bumps turned out to be blackheads and I'm still trying to clear my face up after not using it for a couple of weeks now. Never again.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2014
I have a lot of loose skin from massive weight loss, and, combined with a weight training routine, this cream has made huge progress in tightening it.
on January 13, 2015
Bought 1 at Walmart..first day: felt so good..tight and very smooth skin when I woke up.
Second day: felt good and smooth too but skin got little bit red.
Third day: my skin was peeling and getting extremely itchy accompanying with red spots which made me stopped and now after 2 days the itch and redness are still there. I did take some Cetirizine but it only works for few hours and the itch will soon come back.. Will update as time goes and I really hope my skin can be back to normal.
on February 27, 2011
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! For those of US that MUST look our best, without the pretense, fake and unnatural results, you must try this product! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting older, just don't want to LOOK OLDER than I am - as this is what gradually happens to our skin as we age. St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer is absolutely, the very best out there for the price and the amount of product that you are getting-it is sooooooooooooooo worth it. The results are literally overnight. The emphasis being RESULTS!!! If not within days, you will DEFINITELY see the results within a week. Results: supple, vibrant, resilient, youthful, glowing looking skin. As with age, my skin was becoming very dry, blotchy, dark circles and fine lines under the eyes and something weird going on around my neck area. Wasn't having it!!! St. Ives has literally reversed this aging process within days. I also use St. Ives lotion equivalent(large bottle)on my once "cracked" skin for my legs - with IMMEDIATE and amazing results. No more cracked, dry, aging looking skin on my lower legs and feet. This product is very hard to find in stores (even here in New York). I ordered the St. Ives Collagen Elastin Face Moisturizer by the case of 6 (as my husband uses it too). Just to note, I also use the Good N Natural Retinol Cream (Amazon sells it). For me at the age of 50, these two combinations does wonders for my face and skin (people always complement my skin, they always want to know "what do you use on your face?" or "what make-up do you use?" (even when I'm not wearing any make-up -foundation that is). And, the all time favorite "you can't be 50"!!! - people often guess my age around 35-40. Also, for me, the Retinol Cream adds an extra glow and boost-in my opinion. I also use Palmer's Eventone Fade Cream (to keep my face/skin even-toned-a must for African American women or women of color). Also for the large pores use WitchHazel and/or Hydrogen Peroxide (with cold water/or ice cubes to the face). Keep the body and face very clean and well exfoliated. Drink lots and lots of water. Take your calcium, C, E and Bcomplex vitamin regularly. Go for brisk walks. Eat right/better and reduce the stress. It all helps in long-term maintenance. Well, that's my non-licensed, average cutey, womanly, expert advice (lol!!!). Lastly, I'm posting because I really want to help those that have wasted their money on expensive and often bogus products - as I despise a "con" advertisement and product. If you are looking for something that is inexpensive, lots of product for your money and IMMEDIATE results - this is definitely it!I had never heard of this product before nor have I ever used it before. I tried it because of the Amazon reviews and the words "elastin and "collagen", as I learned by beauty experts (in my internet research) that a woman needs to replace the collagen in her skin after a certain age. Can't tell you how many jars, tubes and bottles of "junk" (expensive junk, I might add) that I've purchased over the years and regimens I've tried - that DID NOT WORK as well as this product has. Since using this, I have not used foundation or cover-up makeup, unless I go out formally or on a professional assignment (for that diva-pretty, beautiful and flawless look) and that's by choice and NOT because I HAVE TO anymore...hope this helps and all the best!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
Each jar can run over $5 in the store, but buying 6 at once worked out to be under $4 each. I find each jar last me for months and is really great moisturizer. Can't go wrong.