5.0 out of 5 stars How Bad Does The World Have To Get?!
Published on January 20, 2006 by Katherine Graham

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I really wish I had been able to "look inside this book". If I had just by looking at the contents I would have known I would not enjoy this book. I was very disappointed with this book.
I was expecting a book with much more information.
This book is mostly filled with prayers. They are interesting but many are of no use to me.
I got more information and no...
Published on December 24, 2009 by Elizabeth

5.0 out of 5 stars How Bad Does The World Have To Get?!, January 20, 2006
This review is from: St. Michael and the Angels: A Month With St. Michael and the Holy Angels (Paperback)
This incredibly encouraging, uplifting book is a classic world-wide. It doesn't matter what particular faith you follow, or no faith at all. But I find it curious that when disaster strikes personally or en masse, virtually everyone cries out - "Oh my God!" Perhaps it is one's soul that prompts us to do this. I don't have the answer. But this book does!! St. Michael and the Angels are there (not in a movie, or TV - at least that's my belief) but exactly where we are both physically and metaphysically. The problem is this. Like Our Lord who encountered obviously sick or dying folks in His time on earth, He waited for THEM to ask for help or tell Him what they wanted. It's the same with your Angel, St. Michael and even the 9 Choirs of Angels! We have to ask for help - and when we do, as this book relates so eloquently, they come shining through. I don't care if you think I'm crazy. But that is my experience, and many others through the centuries. Bottomline: After all, it's only a book. And how bad does the world have to get before we call out for powerful spiritual help?

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from the Publisher, March 15, 2001
By A Customer
This is perhaps the most popular book ever published on angels. Beautiful and inspiring stories on angels taken from the lives and writings of the saints. Tells of the role they play in our salvation. Led by St. Michael, the angels guard us, serve as messengers from God, surround the altar at Mass, and bear the graces of the Mass like incense to the altar of God on high. Explains how Mary will send us angels at our request of her. Includes many prayers and litanies and details on the preeminent role of St. Michael. Terrific! Beautifully illustrated. 133pp. PB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, August 31, 2007
Jennifer Defillippo "~~JennD.'J.M.J.'~*" (Sterling Heights, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I am studying to become a member of the Opus Sanctorum Angelorum, the official teaching and devotion arm of the Roman Catholic Church on all things concerning the Angels, and I ordered this and several other books about them to add to my personal library.
I love to read about and study them and I have a devotion to my own Guardian. This is an excellent book, and I would highly recommend it to everyone.
I especially love the way the Angels are explained in their relationship to their Queen, the Mother of God Herself, and if we are devoted to Her in our love of the Angels, we may expect their aid in all our undertakings.
I also have a devotion to Her myself (Blue Army, Our Mother of Perpetual Help), so this is a perfect addition to my reading...and I will most likely refer to it over and over again for many years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Friends for Real Life., July 25, 2009
If you're in need of REAL friends who are interested in your TRUE welfare both here in daily life and the life to come, then I highly recommend this little gem.

Who can say that he is not in need of a true friend. With the Angels you have them in abundance! They not only pray for you and offer your prayers to God they also have the necessary power and intelligence to help you when you are in need, i.e., of consolation, protection, advice and practical help. These friends were not given to us for our fantasies and TV programs but to give us concrete help: "Many are the motives which prompt such constant devotion to our interests. These celestial patrons, we know, are close to the merciful heart of the Redeemer; they understand therefore, His untiring concern for our welfare, and from that inexhaustible Fountain of Love they imbibe the tenderest affection in our regard...However, what especially enhances the intensity of their affection is the fact that they have a Divine commission to watch over us, and to be for us here upon earth the instruments of God's mercies." -Pg 19.

This small book (133 Pgs.) covers not only the teachings about the Angels but is also filled with many prayers to the Angels including separate chapters about and prayers (including litanies) to St. Michael, St. Raphael and St. Gabriel. You will learn that "Devotion to the Angels is a mark of Predestination", and about the "Protection of the Good Angels Against the Devils", and "The Nature and Function of the Angels" and much more.

I've owned this book for some years now and often return to read it for information about our heavenly friends and for the consolation that comes with knowing we have them and to recite some of the many prayers.

5.0 out of 5 stars St. Michael and the angels, November 23, 2009
This is an excellent book on the history of Angels and St. Michael. The best I have ever read.

It has several prayers and novenas included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Angelic Prayers, April 29, 2009
Self-explanatory title.

Book has 2 main parts:

(1) A day-by-day reflection on the Holy Angels, a 30-day reflection.
(First 2/3 of the book.)

(2) Prayers in honor of the Holy Angels, including:
3 Principal Guardians and your Guardian Angel, feast day prayers at Mass.

Awesome cover!

Like all lost tradtional devotions, these ancient supplications need to be revived.

Every chapter of this book is devoted to a daily reflection on the heavenly angels.

The book closes with a great list of prayers in honor of the Angelic Hosts, and especially to the 3 principal guardians of the Church: Sts. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael!

Helps people who can't sleep at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Devout Attention to Angels, September 18, 2012
This book is all about a serious and devout way to understand and seek the help of angels, thru meditation and prayer. So if you are looking merely for angels that fly and look ethereal as in New Age books, this is not the book for you. But if you are mindful of your prayer life, you may want to keep this book handy as a reference guide for your devotions. This is not your frivolous angel book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels are Real, November 10, 2013
Yes I gave this book 5 stars. I bought this book at a used book sale fund raiser. I was reading it while traveling but lost it. When I got home I found another copy on Amazon. That's how much I like it. I believe in angels but did not realize there is so much to know about them.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful book, which I love, December 5, 2014
This is a beautiful book, which I love, but I have.to say that compared to other "good conditionI" books I have bought, including another copy of St Michael and the Angels, this copy should probably be described as "acceptable". I do not mind that it is not in as good condition as the other copy I bought, as I am keeping it for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom Loves It., July 10, 2013
I ordered this for my Mom who is 80. She loves it. She reads a little everynight before going to bed which is a lot of reading for my Mother. I'll read it myself after she is finished and add more to this review.