5.0 out of 5 stars These are all you need.
Published on May 10, 2009 by D. L. Lederman

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small
I bought medium according to the size chat, but they are too small for my size-8 snow boots. It is difficult to put them on my boots, and they don't stay on. They are, however, fine for regular size-8 shoes. I would recommend buying large if intend to use on snow boots.
Published on February 12, 2010 by TT

5.0 out of 5 stars These are all you need., May 10, 2009
I live in the Northeast corner of Iowa, where we generally see our first snowflake in October and the last in May. Due to the fact that we don't live near a huge body of water and that we have an abundance of very strong winds, the ground here is often covered with a layer of ice for several months on end. I am not exaggerating when I say that one year I saw a wind sock freeze in a horizontal position and that I've seen the winds break window glass and knock over heavy cast iron garden furniture.

Further, my husband is a family practice physician who works in the Emergency Room of one of our local hospitals. There are a number of severe injuries every winter caused by people falling on ice in our part of the United States.

I have never been very good at walking on ice - I grew up in Texas and even though I have spent 60% of my life living in Northern climates I have never quite adjusted to the balancing act required. Children love to watch me walk on ice without Stabilicers because to them it is terribly funny to see me creep about.

I've tried a few different types of ice cleats over the past few years and must say that these Stabilicers are the best. I am so convinced of their merit that I have not only bought them for every member of my family (including my 86 year old mother) but have also bought them as gifts. I've been known to take them off my feet and press them upon pregnant friends.

Stabilicers fit well, they grasp the ice firmly, and are easy to take on and off. My only warning is that you MUST take them off when you go inside. They can damage fine flooring and can be VERY slippery on linoleum, terrazo flooring, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, February 19, 2009
my shop is on the back corner of my property and i have no way to clean the ice and snow to access it because of extensive limestone and sod paths so i provide ice cleats to visitors who need to get back there... i have tried many brands and these work the best for easily slipping off and on, along with light weight and portability.... i where them all winter... they have large spikes on the bottom not just little pins and dont get packed with snow as easily as some brands.... if you need to wear something more robust try the full version of stabilicers, but the full version is meant to be worn all day long and arent as easy to take off and on or as portable.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest since sliced bread, January 8, 2009
I bought these a year ago and they are the BEST! It has been so icy this winter and these really grip the icy stuff. I walked all last winter using them over my boots. I manage about 2 miles per day. These really make me feel secure which is important for senior citizens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing, February 4, 2010
Mauigold (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
These things work very well, but the sizing chart is ambiguous. Depending on what kind of shoe/boot you will wear with them, the size needed will change. The size chart reflects use with normal street or light hiking shoes. If you will be wearing "treadier" boots or winter boots you will likely want to buy a size larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, May 7, 2009
Finally got these after years of thinking about them. Couldn't be happier about how they work for the price paid. To my mind they seem to run a size small but the exchange was easy and we both love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long, March 13, 2009
I've looked at this type of product for years and after both of us taking a spill this year I got this product. WOW they work great, you can walk on the icey dog park trails we go on with confidence and laugh at all the people slipping and sliding that don't have them. The only qualifier I offer is they seem to run a size small, at least for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks from Older women, January 28, 2009
Stabilizer lite Ice Cleats. When the ice comes, there is nothing better and they also fold up so you put them in your purse.

Infrequent, but vicious ice storms come to the DC area and when they do--look out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stabilcers are a great product, March 4, 2008
Emilie B (Edina, MN United States) - See all my reviews
I have bought them for myself and my husband. I can't walk our dog in Minnesota winters without them. This year I bought them for my son-in-law and granddaughter who live on an icy bluff in Wisconsin. They make all the difference in being outside and feeling secure with treacherous conditions underfoot.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, February 12, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, worth the price, January 19, 2010
Mark Hawkins (LINCOLN, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
I have used cheaper versions of similar products for years, and usually go through 3 or 4 pair a season. This was cost a little more than the dime-store version, but it will last a season or more! Young or old, we have all slipped on the ice, and walked away with bruised pride. But many walk away with broken bones, sprained ankles or cuts. If you spend time out doors in the winter, these will save you. Essential for city or rural people walking dogs, walking the the bus stop or school, or anyplace you encounter snow.

Stabilicers Lite Duty Serious Traction Cleat