5.0 out of 5 stars Steadyfast Universal Trailer Stabalizating System
Published on November 28, 2011 by 3whelr

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Performance with Power Rear Jacks
Published 6 months ago by Rick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Steadyfast Universal Trailer Stabalizating System, November 28, 2011
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
We are full-time RVer's who began this full time adventure in 2011. I had accused my wife of walking too heavily and shaking the trailer (probably not a smart move), but when the 9 pound dog of ours caused the same shaking and vibrations, I knew I had to do something. After much research and many conversations with other Rver's, I made the decision to try these. The order came very well packaged and with the best set of installation instructions I think I have ever seen. It is very obvious these instructions were written in the USA and by the person with intimate knowledge on how everything works. All parts are heavy duty and everything is powder coated for long lasting durability. Also included were every conceivable part, bracket, nut and bolt for a variety of frame types. I took my time reading the instructions and studying the photos provided and everything went together without any issues whatsoever. The total installation time was about 2-1/2 hours. If I had to install another one, I think I could do it in an hour easily. The beauty of this product is once installed, it never needs to be removed and set up and take down only takes seconds! The best part about this is that it works! It removes about 95% of all movement once locked. Would I buy this again? Yes! In a heart beat. This is a very well designed and manufactured product using the best quality materials and MADE IN AMERICA. In case you are wondering, NO, I do not know the seller, nor am I related to him. I am simply a satisfied customer who really appreciates value.

5.0 out of 5 stars SteadyFast Stabilizer: Great American Quality Product!!!, August 3, 2012
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
I did tons of research on the internet before purchasing this product. Before ordering I contacted the company to determine if they had a kit to fit my particular application (2012 Carriage Cameo RSQ). I was transferred to Paul Hanscom (the owner). After a bit of talking with Paul he said I needed a special bracket for my particular RV. I looked at the location on my RV and sure enough, I needed the special bracket. I called Paul back to inform him that he was correct & I would like to order one of his stabilizer systems. He asked if I could call back since he was out in the field on his cell & had no way to transfer me back. I must add here that Paul is one heck of a nice guy. He answered all of my questions & seemed to be in no hurry to "get me off the phone". I really appreciate his knowledge & willingness to share it with someone just calling to ask questions. Anyway, I called back to order the correct system for my 5th wheel. I was informed that it would ship the next day, which it did.

The product arrived well packaged & in great condition. However, there was a drill bit missing from my package. I called Paul at Steadyfast & he offered to send me one out right away. I told him I had already purchased one from a local hardware store & just wanted to let him know so he could check the other kits before they were shipped. I read & reread the installation instructions. They were very well written & had plenty of pictures to illustrate the location of the brackets.

The next day I proceeded with the installation. I took Paul's advice & pretapped the holes before using the self tapping bolts (5/16-18). This step was not necessary but made me feel better about the quality of threads in the rectangular tubing on the frame. I measured & installed the front two braces. (I used locktite on the bolt threads attaching to the frame) (this was not mentioned in the instructions, but I felt better about them not backing out due to vibration). After installing the front braces only I leveled my trailer & locked the braces down. I was impressed to say the least. My wife was more impressed than I was. Her comment was "I didn't think that would work."lol. There was very little movement at the front of the trailer (only noticeable if you stood really still & lined the trailer up with a stationary object). The back, however still had plenty of "sway" to it (remember I had not installed the rear stabilizer yet). I installed the brace to the rear of the RV & locked it down. It became solid as a rock! Realistically speaking, The Steadyfast system reduced the total amount of movement somewhere between 90%-95%. That's pretty incredible to me!!!

I would highly recommend the Steadyfast system to anyone who has kids or is just looking to have that "solid foundation" feeling under their feet. Give Paul Hanscom a call Toll free 1-866-498-8754 or 661-377-2147 or email him at pwhanscom@gmail.com. Website: [...] It's nice to know that you can still buy a quality AMERICAN MADE product with unparallelled customer service today! BTW, I have no affiliation with Paul or his company. I'm just one very satisfied customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars No room for wiggles - Yeah!, February 6, 2012
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
I love my travel trailer, but I hated the wiggles we would get when walking through it. Nothing terrible, just annoying. I did a lot of research on how to stop the movement, and decided to go with the Steadyfast system. Before I purchased it, I called Hanscom Enterprises to see how they would respond to my questions. I must say, very responsible and very pleasant to deal with. So I bought it, and I have no regrets. Service was outstanding, and the install was not so difficult. You do need basic mechanic skills, or at least know someone with those skills in order to install Steadyfast, but that should not be a suprise. The instructions were great, and just like they advertise, I did place a call directly to Paul Hanscom for a bit of guidance - he returned my call within 10 minutes and provided the guidance I needed. How many places do that? Bottom line, I installed this myself without much trouble, and NO MORE WIGGLES!. I would definitely recommend Steadyfast and Hanscom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and it works great, February 18, 2010
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
Fast shipping and well packed and very well made product. Sturdy with good finish and parts all labled and good instructions. Best of all it works just as promised. My small 5th wheel is rock solid now and I can quit dragging the tripod around. Installation went fine with one small glitch and I called them up and owner called back quickly. He was very helpful and it is installed and working great. Well worth the money in my opinion. Everything was much heavier duty than I imagined and glad for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars helps, but..., June 27, 2011
jim@OKC (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
I put these on my 35' fifth wheel trailer and they help to some degree. However, I had to place the cross-bar across the front at an angle toward the back because of my battery box hanging down where I could not place the bar where it should be. I believe it you do not have anything in the way so you can place the bar straight across the front, it should stabilize better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steadyfast universal trailer stabilizing system, August 6, 2011
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
We chose steadyfast after my husband researched options for stabilizing our 5th wheel. He liked what he found out about steadyfast. We do find that it is easy to use and remarkable results. We do remove the stabilizer clamps while we are on the road for the fear of losing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, July 30, 2012
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
The steadyfast system arrived very fast, and it went together as indicated in the directions without any hassles.....
It also works as advertised. We have twin two year olds and it nearly elliminated all movement in our outback 5th wheel, really the only movement that we have notice is from our 75 lb lab jumping on or off the bed in the front of the trailer, and that is a minimum... so i would deffinatly recomend this to anyone that has too much movement in there camper.... great product, and made in the good ole USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Super steady, May 7, 2013
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
For sale: four complete sets of those plastic leveling blocks; don't need them anymore. I have a Jayco 24FBS trailer that sits very high and the scissor jacks are parallel to the frame, instead of perpendicular to it, so the trailer shook terribly. The jacks were extended out a long way, so the dealer suggested I buy four complete sets of those plastic leveling blocks and put on under each jack to it wouldn't extend so far to steady the trailer. Didn't happen! I bought the Steadyfast system, had that dealer install it (only two hours of labor charged) so now, even with the jacks extended out pretty far, the trailer doesn't shake. Using this system adds maybe 30 seconds to my set-up and take-down time. You do have to be careful which jacks you put down or take up first because of the tightening system. You loosen the knob, then put down or take up that jack, then tighten the knob again. Very easy to do. The tightening knob is easy to use. So I don't need any of those blocks any more. (They really aren't for sale, I'll keep them around the house to put flower pots on or something.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Performance with Power Rear Jacks, July 25, 2014
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
I had previously had the JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers on my last trailer which removed about 95% of the shake in my camper. I thought I would try the Steadyfast Stabilizers since there were only 3 points to tighten during setup and less holes to drill during the installation. I am very disappointed with the performance. I still have at least 50% of the camper shake that I had before.

I have a 2015 fifth wheel with the power rear jacks. After speaking with the owner of Hanscom on the phone, he stated that with the power rear jacks the stabilizers will do a poor job and that I should replace my power jacks with scissor jacks instead. I'm sorry but I'm not going back to a manual crank jack when I had already paid for the upgraded power jack. Problem not fixed. I should have been offered a better solution or a refund.

If you have power jacks don't waste your time and money, get a tripod instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Trick, August 3, 2013
Bob G. (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RV Stabilizer System for 5th Wheels and Camper Trailers
Easy set-up and take down - about 1 minute of extra work at set-up and take down. Produce really reduces the shaking in our 35' fifth wheel. I was hunting for something, reading blog posts, some recommended the scissors chocks that go between the wheels, but I didn't get how they would really help and others said it helped but didn't eliminated. Ran across this product and it made sense to me - add cross bracing to the legs to make it solid. Product takes some effort to install - mostly drilling 12 bolt holes in the frame - steel drilling is just slow and you have to lie down and do the work pushing the drill up. Package came as promised, parts were well labled. Instructions were well written, pretty easy to follow, clearly printed and included photos for clarity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›