5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cabinet
Published on December 22, 2011 by JMH

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed for the Price
Given the price of the safe I am someone disappointed with the safe. There were nicer safes that I could have gotten locally but they were all too heavy for an upstairs floor. This safe on top of a 4x8 sheet of plywood is the max a second floor floor can handle. My complaints about the quality stem from multiple areas:
- The arrived with one of the rifle standoffs...
Published 16 months ago by Adam Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cabinet, December 22, 2011
JMH (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stack-On FS-14-MB-E 14-Gun Fire Resistant Safe with Electronic Lock, Matte Black (Tools & Home Improvement)
Got this to fit in a semi-tight section in our bedroom closet. Fits great and holds a ton of stuff. I have a 8 guns total (a 22 rifle, two 12ga and two 20ga shotgun, an KelTec SU-16, Winchester lever action, and a T/C Venture with scope) along with about 2500 rounds for all my guns (including pistols) and holds my small documents fire safe. Door is smooth and (so far) the interior has been top notch. See the picture I took with the safe loaded. Great great value in my opinion!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed for the Price, April 8, 2013
- The arrived with one of the rifle standoffs sheered from the safe
- The mark for one of the two anchor holes was not in the correct place
- The interior rails for shelves are not aligned correctly. There is no way to have the interior shelves be level.
- The riffle stand off height is way too high. I had to use one of the shelves as a base to allow any of my rifles(An AR-15 and a 10/22) to actually reach the standoffs

I am keeping the safe because of the hassle of getting a new one, but I wouldn't recommend anyone else buying one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Safe for the money, September 22, 2013
Very easy to setup and install and customizing the shelves is a breez. Most important quick access via the electronic key pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satasfied, February 21, 2013
Timothy (Morgan Hill, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Love the safe, easy to use, interior was not as well put together as i had thought. The felt in the back corners is crooked, just stuffed in the corner, but once you put anything in you can't see it anyway.

Used my prime membership for free shipping, and let me tell you that AMAZON is amazing at this. I ordered to have it shipped to my home. They actually shipped to my work address and I had to refuse delivery as I had no way of loading it in a pickup etc.

So, I contact Amazon, they correct the error, send me an email the same day confirming that they will reship to my home. A few day later I get a call from the shipper, make the appointment, they show up with two guys to unload and bring the unit into my house. All I have to do is cut off the cardboard and slide into place.

Great Service, Great Customer Service and follow up, I could not be happier with the product or Amazon,

1.0 out of 5 stars Immediately Broke - Check your back-up key, January 30, 2013
Bill B. (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
The bypass key would not come out of the safe. I called Stack-On and was shocked to be told this is a common problem with their safes. They wanted to send me replacement parts so I could fix it myself. Stack-On actually asked me if I could first get a bolt cutter to cut the jammed key off. I couldn't believe that they were very use to the key getting stuck and expecting consumers to fix it. Not to mention that doing ANY modifications/repairs void the warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great purchase from Amazon, March 14, 2014
This is a great gun safe. I have been looking for one and this was by far the best value. Amazon is the best company to shop from and once again I am very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Safe, February 24, 2014
Excellent safe. It has a lot of space and the shelves are great, but I had to remove in order to use ammo cans. So I wish I would have purchase it without shelves. The delivery was great, the guys placed in a room next to my garage without a problem. It's a great safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Safe for the Price, April 25, 2013
Well, I will have to say that I got my Stack-On 14 Gun Fire Safe (the one described here) at Walmart on Black Friday for $279, so for me it was a fantastic price. Safe is very well built and I have no complaints about how the shelves inside fit. Shorter rifles do have issue in getting into the top grooves, but still, for a fireproof safe this is very nice. I like the fact that you have shelves to store other things. I am searching looking for a sale on this safe, I have seen this on sale on Amazon from around $499 but unfortunately Walmart doesn't even list these online anymore. I do feel my guns and other stuff are safely locked away from intruders and/or fire.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Simply A Bargain!, September 12, 2013
I wish it were not madi in China, but, It will serve my purpose well. I would like for it to have a weather seal around the door, but, I can add that myself. I was afraid of the shipping but it worked flawlessly. I highly recommend this safe unless you're guns are collectors valued.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stack On 14 gun safe with electronic lock, March 21, 2013
The safe was delivered on time. Had to pay an extra $20 for the guys to bring it in the house. If you have a dolly you could easily do it yourself. No scratches or issues. The shelving is kind of cheep and it not completely carpeted all the way around. I don't understand why Stack On would cut any cost there. Very easy fix though. Also, the door and door handle on the safe wiggles a bit. It is not completely tight. However, no doubt that it will do what it is built for. There are two pre drilled holes on the bottom. I would recommend bolting it down. I don't see how one could fit 14 guns in there. All in all a nice secure safe if bolted down. You could probably find a better safe for the money, but given the current times with all the gun issues it is what it is.

Rate and Discover Movies