5.0 out of 5 stars Very good safe
- fire proof
- burglar proof
- digital lock WITH backup key
- about 2 cubic feet

Published on December 9, 2010 by A. J.

3.0 out of 5 stars lousy Shipping
Published 20 months ago by Mad and disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good safe, December 9, 2010
A. J. (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stack-On PSF-817K Security Plus Fire Safe, Black/Silver (Tools & Home Improvement)
I was looking for something that has:
- ability to bolt down
- fire proof
- burglar proof
- digital lock WITH backup key
- about 2 cubic feet

All the other safes are missing one or the other. I read a lot of negative reviews about digital locks from Sentry Safe that fail after XX years but combination locks a bit painful to use, so this is great, if the electronic fails, I still have the key. The First Alert one seemed nice, but could not be bolted down, this one comes with the holes pre-drilled, and the hardware. There is also an alarm if you try the code multiple times and the display shows you an itemization of when the safe was opened. Shipping was VERY fast via a shipping company who called me 2 days in advance of delivery (which was 6 days ahead of schedule). The only negative: the far corner was a bit damaged, either it fell during shipping or something fell on it. It's a 180 lb and I don't see the dent from the front so I am not going to return it, but in truth, if that was the front corner, I would not be pleased about it. It's also a bit smaller than I though, probably not 2 cft, maybe more like 1.2 or 1.4 but that is ok. All in all, I have recommended same model to friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars lousy Shipping, December 20, 2012
I would like to write a review for this product however since I never received it I will just write a review on the shipping. I order this product on Nov 11 2012. Each week my delivery date would change to the next week. On Dec 11, 2012 I called customer service to find out if I would receive this item before Christmas. The first representative I spoke to told me there was nothing she could do and that she had no way of telling when it might show up but there was one still in stock on line and that the only way of knowing if I would get the safe was by calling the manufacturer. I called Stack-on and talked to a representative there who informed me that the safes were on back order and I probable couldn't get it until January. I asked her how Amazon could be selling one on line if they were on back order she told me that those were in the amazon warehouse and they had nothing to do with that. I called Amazon again and told them what I had found out and asked again how they could be selling the last one in stock for Christmas delivery when they can't even get the ones that were ordered a month ago out. He told me to reorder it and it would be there by 22 Dec 2012. I reordered it and also talked to a supervisor who assured me that it would be here by the 22nd. On the 18th I checked the status and found out once again the safe had not shipped. I again called amazon and asked them how it would get here by the 22nd if it hadn't even shipped the representative and the supervisor told me that they would change it in the computer as shipped and that I would get it by the 22nd. I again checked the status on Dec 20 and found that it still hadn't shipped. I cancelled my order. If you want to order this safe I would recommend you do it direct from the company because Amazon does not back what they say and none of the representatives know what they are talking about. They tell you what they think you want to here and you don't have the option of going to anyone that might make a difference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, January 22, 2014
Arrived with one corner damaged, But it was only packed with 1/2" protective foam, must have been a hell of a drop as this safe is heavily built. I didn't bother to bolt it down, if the thief can carry then he deserves it. I like the way the electronic lock works but the buttons and screen seems a little cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch safe, September 27, 2012
If you are in the market for a solid and well built safe in this size, this is the one I would recommend. Purchased for a clients project and found it to be (very heavy) just what we needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great safe!, May 2, 2012
This is a great starter safe. It's heavy, close to 160 lbs. Plenty of space, big enough to store a few handguns, valuables, ammo, etc. Comes with 2 shelves and pre-drilled holes to bolt it down. Shipping was great and quick. Programming was easy.

The only thing I could complain about and it's really minor, was the door is more like a medium gray than silver color.

Stack-On PSF-817K Security Plus Fire Safe, Black/Silver