1.0 out of 5 stars Awful...just awful, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set (Kitchen)
I bought this pen set at my local Office Depot since I just started teaching myself calligraphy. I wish I had checked on Amazon first and saved myself the money. These pens are just terrible. They do not produce crisp lines, and the ink flow is erratic. I will probably end up throwing them in the trash. If you're looking to use this pen for calligraphy, please do not bother. Buy something else instead of this heaping pile of excrement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set (Kitchen)
This pen set was a complete waste of my money. I tried everything, but could never get ink to come out! This was not my first set...I know how to use this type of pen; it just would not write at all. Ended up throwing it away in angry frustration. Seemed too much of a hassle to return it. I would give zero stars if that was an option!

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money!!, December 13, 2006
This review is from: Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set (Kitchen)
Don't waste time or money buying this piece of...........!! it's terrible......spend a little more money and get a rotring calligraphy pen which is excellent. I'm extremely dissapointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Calligraphers be warned!, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set (Kitchen)
Don't buy this pen if you want to write in Calligraphy. The nibs on this pen are blunt and do NOT produce a sharp, clean script. It doesn't matter what kind of paper I used, the ink flow and nib produced rounded letters much like you'd get with a regular sharpie felt pen. VERY disappointed in this product. The nibs are supposed to be chisel tip but do not produce a sharp edge at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 star is too good save time throw it out the window, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set (Kitchen)
I'm a professional calligrapher and I bought this set . I should of known when the first go around the re fill cartridge was like the devil to fit I had to jam it on the table. I thought at first it was poor quality paper the reason the pen wouldn't work but spending a fortune on good writing paper proved another waste of time. It leaks inside the pen but no ink on paper. And insult on insult the extra nib doesn't even fit. Awful cheap and that's the best thing I can say

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set (Kitchen)
This pen is terrible. The ink flow does is not consistent. The lines are not out of control. I wish I had read the other reviews before buying this at office depot for $10. A complete waste of money. Please do not buy this pen for ANY reason.

1.0 out of 5 stars not for calligraphy!!, April 27, 2013
This review is from: Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set (Kitchen)
typically, calligraphy pen's ink flow should be easily controllable with practice. but with this pen, it either does not flow when it touches the paper or it flows like a freaking river and does not produce fine lines. this brand and especially this specific product is trash. i think i bought an even cheaper pen from manuscript and they work WAYYY better for the price. if you buy this you'll save yourself time by just throwing money out the window.

pros: cheap, looks nice, and could possibly impress friends with a fancy looking pen.

cons: does not do what it was designed to do(calligraphy). the pen snaps on instead of screwing on which is a personal con. the material feels REALLY light and cheap like its going to break on you when you start using it. the pen cap doesnt even snap tightly closed. there is some play when it is "closed" and im pretty sure that the ink will dry within a few hours. i bought this today and ill be returning it in the morning.

Staedtler Calligraphy 2-Nib Pen Set