‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought in 1992. lost, found, lost again, found and still works., August 11, 2012
Amazon Customer (Rindge, NH, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
Here's a perfect example of "Keep It Simple, Stupid." - I bought this pencil 20 years ago when I was a drafting student. Since then I've used it for everything when I actually had it.

I abused this pencil when I was doing some carpentry work and it still works.

I lost it in my metal tool case down in my basement and finally found it when I was getting rid of some old tools that didn't work anymore. This pencil still works.

It was on the kitchen counter, fell down and got stuck under the refregerator. Couple of months later I found it while cleaning out the hair and dust on the refrigerators compressor. Pencil still works.

Let my sons borrow this pencil, they lost it among all the junk in their cabinet and I genuily thought I lost it forever until I found it in my oldest son's pencil box that he took to school each day. Washed the gum and old curdled chocolate milk, guess what? Pencil still works.

Through out all of my career changes, from a student to a draftsman, Machine assembler to a student, document control officer to a student again, freelance artist to a student once more, to a graphic designer, this has been a constant companion. When people ask me if they can borrow it, I now answer - "Hell, no! Get your own!" and send them to the link here. It's outlasted computers, cars and trucks, trips cross country, girlfriends, apartments, houses, and in-laws.

At this rate it'll be regarded as an heirloom and my grandchildren will be fighting over "grandpa's pencil" after I'm dead and it's been lost and found a dozen more time in the decades to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, May 5, 2010
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
They sure don't make mechanical pencils like they used to. Staedtler is an excellent brand and makes excellent products. And this pen is exactly how they used to make mechanical pencils 30 years ago. It's a very high quality pencil, hefty and long lasting. It will easily last you 30 years. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for drafting, October 9, 2008
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
If every now and then you like to draft a design the old fashioned way (i.e., by hand), this is an excellent tool. It stays sharp for a very long time, has a pleasantly hefty feel, and the built-in sharpener in the top is a nice touch. The only downsides: No built-in eraser (not a problem for a traditional draftsman, who will use a separate eraser anyway), and advancing the lead can be a bit tricky (I.e., don't point the holder straight down when you click it, or the lead will fall out.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pencil, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
This is a good pencil, but I think the seller needs to be more specific as to what they are selling.
The pencil is a "Steadtler Mars Technico" 2mm lead holder. Thought I would say that since the seller doesnt tell you.
Yes, the pencil does come with a single stick of Steadtler mars 2H lead, which is nice of them.

I bought this pencil because I like to doodle during my collage classes and it's been working very well for me. I used a .5 mm mechanical pencil before this and shading took years! I thought about bring in art pencils, but then you have to sharpen them; as you can imagine that would be very loud and disruptive. This pencil is great because there is a built In sharpener at the top that's quite. Now I can draw all I want, shade easily and not disturb the class sharpening pencils!

I've read a lot of reviews dissing the built in sharpener. So far, I have had no major issues with it, but I will say a rotary sharpener would probably get u a lot better of a point. Other wise it's fine for doodling and recreational drawing.

My only problem with the pencil is not the pencil itself, but the lead it comes with. It comes with 2H lead, not very good for general drawing. However, I do realize that this pencil is aimed more at drafting than drawing. I just wish it came with a more neutral HB lead instead. So if your going to use this pencil to draw, buy some softer lead while your at it.

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pencil, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
This has a decent light weight to it. The metal is a great coarse grip for drawing. Highest of quality here. Now I have my son use this at school. Have to make sure other kids do not steal it. I have three of these pencils and one is 14 years old. They last forever. Get the pencil leads and this is one of the best pencils you will ever try out.

5.0 out of 5 stars best evER, July 8, 2009
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
alright i have dropped this pencil like forty times it never cracked or broke it just dropped when i was sharpening it well it brakes alot (the lead or graphite) perfect pencil

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
The lead holder works great (pretty hard to screw up), feels good in the hand, and is made from quality materials. The pocket clip is a little fragile, but other than that, no complaints. Only suggestion is to buy at least 2 of them even for light drafting; changing leads is a drag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pencil, November 13, 2008
C. Corn (Indianapolis, Indiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
Nice pencil. Tough and sturdy. Led won't break even if you are a heavy writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Lead Holder, August 15, 2014
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
Fabulous product; love it. It is however, the exact same item as "Staedtler Mars 780 Technical Mechanical Pencil, 2mm. 780BK", but costs about a $1 more. Overall good quality, holds leads steady, and it has a rudimentary sharpener in the end cap...just take it off and sharpen your lead point (I prefer my separate rotary sharpener, but this will work in a pinch). Happy with product; glad I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect pencil, March 19, 2014
Trey (Denton, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Staedtler Lead Holder (Office Product)
Love this pencil. I use it the most. I like using the 2mm to write or doodle as I tend to break .5-1mm leads to often. Durable, light weight, balanced in your hand and the clutch works correctly. Simple.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›