Published on March 26, 2010 by Ryan S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job
This microphone stand is functional. It not as heavy as some, but it seems heavy enough, and has five rubber feet which serve to keep it stable. I wish its shortest setting was a little bit shorter. The height adjustment component is plastic and feels a bit cheap, but I haven't had a problem with it not holding. Doesn't come with a clip, but all my microphones have...
Published on January 31, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS WITH THE SAMSON SP01 SHOCK-MOUNT, AT2020 AND ANY MIC, March 26, 2010
This review is from: On Stage DS7200B Adjustable Desk Microphone Stand, Black (Electronics)
I bought this stand a few months ago and it has held up quite well. For only $12.00 it is a steal, the stand is extremely sturdy and pretty heavy. I have used it with multiple mics such as the Audio Technica 2020 with the Samson SP01 shock-mount, a Rode K2, a Studio Projects C1 and a neumann TLM 103. I have not had any problems and the stand is heavy enough to use with basically any mic. I was not going to write a review for this product but I came across another review that stated "I purchased this stand as people had reviewed this to work with a AT2020 with a SP01 shockmount. Mine must have been missing a part as it does not connect no matter what I try. " THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE. The Samson SP01 shock-mount works perfectly with this stand ( as any shock-mount or mic would, since the threading is a standard size). I just wanted to clear that up so that there would not be any confusion. Also almost every shock-mount has an adapter in the mount ( where the shock-mount connects to the mic stand) that is slightly smaller than most US mic stands, BUT THIS COMES OUT!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TAKE A COIN AND UNSCREW IT FROM THE SHOCK-MOUNT. After the adapter is out the Samson SP01 will connect to this stand. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, it's a great weighted stand, September 9, 2010
Length:: 0:49 Mins

Total weight of microphone stand is 2.75 pounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sturdy, well-made microphone stand, September 19, 2007
I purchased this microphone stand to use with a large diaphragm recording microphone in a shock mount. While it only functions moderately well for this purpose, as the base is not heavy enough to completely counterbalance the microphone and microphone mount, I would have to believe it was not designed for the purpose I am using it for, so I'm not judging it based on my "off-label" use.

That said, the base is plenty heavy enough to hold a lighter microphone, or a microphone who's weight is centered more over the staff of the stand. The manufacturing was flawless and the stand works exactly as advertised. Overall, this stand is good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple Uses!, April 25, 2009
I used this to mount an indoor HDTV antenna. It is rock steady and adjusts for height. It also swivels the antenna when I need it to. For the price you can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for a Podcast, September 12, 2010
Robert J. Love (Centerville, UT USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this stand to attach my Samson SP01 Shockmount Spider Mount for Condenser Mics and Samson C01 Large Diaphragm Vocal Condenser Microphone. I also attached the Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter.

The stand holds the weight well and it does no want to tip over at all. Although I don't use it extened, I did test the extension and it will stay extended without slowing lowering like I have seen on other stands. It was great stand for a budget to get he mic on my computer desk for my podcasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems at all, November 1, 2009
S. Albert "Just Some Guy" (Ft. Lauderdale, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
Works like a charm. No problems at all and is the perfect managable size and weight. And to those that question its compatiblty with the SP01 shockmount. Out the box, no it doesn't quite fit, but if you examine the shockmount, you will see that you can remove the "screw-on" insert with a coin and then the two will work with no problem

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for desktop use in podcasting, April 10, 2010
I purchased this desktop stand with the hopes that it would fully support the front weight of a condenser microphone and a shockmount together. It does, and it does it well. Very solid build, never felt cheap in any way. Perfect for its intended use. I purchased a second one after using the first for one month. Would buy again should the need arise.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, October 19, 2009
I use this as a low to the ground mic stand to pick up acoustic guitars. It telescopes to about 2 feet, and it does what it's supposed to do. The only reason I don't give it a 5 is because there isn't an immediately obvious way to keep the pole from rotating, so you can't have any tension on the mic cable or it will spin the mic. Minor Issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars How I removed unwanted labels, and lived to tell the story, November 23, 2010
NGC 1300 (Berkeley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
To remove unwanted labels from tube, I recommend the following steps:
1. Place a square of aluminum foil on a plate in a area with good ventilation and securely away from all children and other potentially mischievous creatures.
2. Apply just enough drops of lighter fluid, gently spreading them out with a finger- or Q-(like-)tip, to completely wet surface of labels.
3. Place tube on prepared (see step 1) aluminum foil to soak for at least a couple of hours (thoroughly washing any lighter fluid residue off hands with soap and hot water as soon as possible), but not so long as to allow lighter fluid to evaporate completely (or even very much).
4. When you can easily lift a corner of a label with a fingernail, the rest should come off in one slow, steady pull without leaving behind any stickum gunk whatsoever.
5. Wash tube and hands in plenty of soap and hot water to remove all lighter fluid residue.
6. If you're in a hurry, you can dry the inside of the tube with a rolled up piece of paper towel.

For best results with a Zoom H2 in a Samson SP01, position SP01 over the radius intersecting (the right) one of the five pads under the base. Won't easily tip over, or even wobble.

vx3 ;-D

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not going to fall over, December 2, 2010
I considered getting something more expensive since it didn't seem something like this would be "good enough." But I'm very pleased after a month of use. It's plenty heavy to support a mic, pop filter, and shockmount. (Links to each of those products I use below). I like the added ability to adjust the height so I can get it "just right" for each recording situation.

I use this in conjunction with the following products to make a killer home recording studio. And I bought it all on Amazon for a great price.

Samson SP01 Shockmount Spider Mount for Condenser Mics
Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter
Audio Technica AT2020USB Studio Condenser Microphone

And if you find these reviews helpful, please let me know!

On Stage DS7200B Adjustable Desk Microphone Stand, Black