Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2011
I got a 12" Djembe for Christmas and was looking for an affordable case for it. I saw this one but wasn't sure about it (the picture makes it look cheap). I ordered it and with Amazon Prime I got free 2 day shipping so it was a VERY good price (most are around $50 at least). Even though it was 2 day shipping, I received it the NEXT DAY (that being today, I ordered it yesterday). This made me very happy. I was also surprised at the outstanding quality of the item. It may be a cheap price but its not cheaply made AT ALL! It has a very nice felt inside casing, two back pack straps (I thought it only had one) and a nice big pocket on the outside. I don't normally write reviews unless I am very upset with the product but this one was so good (and didn't have any reviews) so I felt like I needed too. Only problem I had was that it is not as snug as I would have liked but that doesn't matter too much. Overall, amazing product for an amazing price.
on July 28, 2015
When I picked up the shoulder straps after my drum was in the bag, I heard the stitching start to rip, so I carry it very carefully. However, my last camping trip my camp flooded due to a flash flood and I had to leave my drum in my tent when I evacuated. I had 2 feet of water in my camp site that night and I fretted about my precious drum. When I came back to collect what was left, my drum had survived! Not only had it survived, it was completely dry even tho the bag was filthy. The bag went through an ordeal, but protected my drum which was the important part. If the stitching was stronger, I'd give it 5 stars, but it gets 5 stars for keeping my drum dry. Here it is thrown in a tote that had been dragged out of mud.
review image
on May 1, 2012
This is an extremely well made heavy duty nylon bag with plush lining and sturdy handles. As with the 10" version by Stagg, it is a first class djembe bag worth 3x the price. A 12" Remo fits nicely, a 14" Remo (actual dimensions 26"x16") is too tall and wide. I have another brand 24"x14" djembe that fits perfect as well.
on March 18, 2013
This bag arrived three days after I ordered it. The material is strong and the stitching is good and tight. There is extra padding over the head and the interior lining is very soft with nothing to scratch the drum surface. The straps are adequate for non-abusive carry and the exterior pocket is very roomy and perfectly placed for the contour of the drum. My 12 inch REMO key tuned signature series djembe drum fits perfectly.
on May 1, 2014
Pros - I bought a 12" x 24" Remo Mondo Earth Djembe at the same time as I bought this. Note - The 12" Remo is 169 on craigslist, compared to 219 elsewhere........cheapest place to buy. I was concerned about the quality, but it is awsome! The interior is a faux fur material, which is great for protecting. This feels like a very good quality bag. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THOSE MORE EXPENSIVE BAGS. The case fits very snug. Has 3 straps, one on top, which is not shown in the photo, one in back in case you want to hand carry it, and than the back pack straps. All in all, very good quality. Did not give it 5 stars simply because the height is not correct. They need to add another inch in height.

Cons - I would say this is better for a 10" x 22" remo djembe. It is very snug, and just barely zips closed. The negative about the straps is that long term I dont think they will hold up and eventually I think the stitching may come loose simply because the weight of the drum is pretty heavy. I probably will hand carry it rather than use the straps. Did not give it 5 stars simply because the height is not correct.
on January 21, 2015
These STAGG bags are great, especially for the price. I own their bag for my bongos as well as for my 12" djembe. For the price, I was not expecting such a high quality product. I thought it would be a very basic nylon bag, but it even has protective fur lining on the inside. I have not owned it long, if it starts to fall apart I will update my review, but by inspecting the quality of the stitching and construction I dont expect to have any problems with this bag!
on June 18, 2013
For the price I was very pleased with my bag. It was a perfect fit. At first I thought it would be too tight but it wasn't. The bag is lined in faux fur (?) and has a front Velcro pocket. It also has back straps so you can carry the drum like a book bag. It also has a handle by the drum head and another on the side so it is very portable. If you just need a good bag at a good price this one is great!!!
on April 27, 2013
This case is a tad bit lose but that is becuase it is designed to fit all shapes and sizes of 12" djembes. I have the menial african djembe and it fits well. The interior of the bag is nicer than I expected and seems to protect my djembe fairly well. However, this is a cheaper case and after tugging it around for a while over the course of a month I noticed the stiching around the bottom circle coming undone and now I have a hole starting in it. This is just from carring the bag to. So like a say this is great storage and protection for your dejmbe but it is not a durable case. The price is right.
on May 3, 2015
The pictures here don't do this bag justice. It is easy nicer than pictured. Has handles on the side and top too. My Mienl djembe which is 13 x 25in fits in it like a glove. Don't pay more for a bag. Get this one. You won't be disappointed!
on May 14, 2015
Great bag, but it's too short for my djembe by an inch, which is dad because it would have been a perfect fit. So I use it for my sabar, which is smaller. I wish I could tell how long the other one was so I could think about buying that one.

See 1 answered question