Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 5, 2011
Everyone needs a good 10inch fry pan. It is by far the work horse in the kitchen. At home I keep three 10" Stainless pans in my rack at all times.

I owned a set Emerilware to start (Wedding gift). Great starting out set but they lack the construction that makes a fine pan. This was my first new pan in my journey to upgrade all my cookware.

The All clad Frying pans tri-ply construction is like night and day over the single play sides of cheaper pans. You no longer have sauces and other foods burning on the pan sides when cooking with gas. I never had this problem on my electric range. It wasn't until I upgraded to a gas cook top that the sidewalls of the pans became an issue. The evenness of the heating on this pan is amazing. I have a Infrared Thermometer and I checked the temp variation across the pan and it was within 5 degrees across the bottom. You really notice this when reducing sauces as the bubble pattern at the bottom is evenly distributed over the whole surface. The handles are nice and long and comfortable in your hand. They don't get to hot unless you get up close to the pan. The overall weight is light but still feels solid.

The pan does get dirty and require a bit of elbow grease to make sparkle but with some stainless steal cleaner and a sponge I have mine shining.

This is and will be the first of Many All clad Pieces in my cook ware collection
33 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2012
I own practically everything this company has ever made, even some pieces that haven't been made in years. I have cookware, utensils, canisters, you name it. I generally don't buy designer items, but I try to buy quality. This line has been one of the best investments in my home I've ever made.

Just a couple of months ago, after having a conversation asking if they'd examine some of my cookware (the bottoms on those pieces were not flat enough to use on my glass top range without spinning around), I mailed off 4 of my larger pieces.

Thanks to All Clad, I have brand new, non-spinning cookware items- 3 qt and 6 qt saute pans, an 8 qt stockpot, and a 12" frypan.

I found them to be very kind, and when it was all said and done, they replaced every piece from the over 17-year old set that I sent them without question or hesitation. They even included brand new lids for the 3 items I sent that use them without requesting the lids from my old cookware.

By that same token, I will continue to support All Clad, and just like they did for me, it will be without question or hesitation.
11 comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
Heats up quick, washes well, wife is happy. I am required to use 12 more words in this review. Potato.
77 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2012
This pan is a must-have! For years I've used supposedly high-quality non-stick pans, and have finally become disgusted with having to replace them after too short a time. I live alone, do all my own cooking, know how to treat my pans, never wash them in the dishwasher, always use plastic, wood or silicon utensils, don't cook on too high heat, etc., etc. Even my fancy red enamel non-stick pans quit functioning as they should. Within the last several months, I've gone back to stainless steel pans, figuring there has to be a good pan out there somewhere. After trying several other brands, I hit on the very expensive All Clad pans that have now become my favorites.

Here are the things I've found to be important:

1. Get pans that are stainless steel with a core of aluminum that is on the bottom and ON THE SIDES of the pan. (The aluminum disperses the heat evenly so that the sides of the pan are not hotter than the bottom, causing food to burn and stick on the sides of the pan.) Buy from a reputable manufacturer. All Clad are the only pans I could find that are made in the USA, and the several far less expensive brands that I found are made in China, and are of iffy quality. One pan I tried during my experimental period looked and felt great, but had a hot spot right in the center that always burned food. (Thank goodness for Amazon.com's GREAT return policy!!)

2. Season your pan before using it. This means heating the pan, adding oil, then allowing the pan to cool. There are several good video tutorials online that show the details of this.

3. HOT PAN, COLD OIL!!!! Heat the pan before cooking in it.

4. Never put cold water in a hot pan. This may warp even the best of pans.

5. Clean your pans with the least amount of abrasion possible. Use Barkeepers Friend or such if absolutely necessary, then re-season the pan. Don't wash pans in the dishwasher, no matter how tempting that might be.

Today I cooked an omelet with cheese in this pan, and the pan needed no washing afterwards- just a swipe with a paper towel!! That's no exaggeration. Even the cheese did not stick!! ...

The reasons for the four star review: 1. The handle is not comfortable to use. 2. The pan has no rolled edge to facilitate pouring smoothly, 3. The price is prohibitive.
44 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
I was a bit concerned over all of the negative reviews of stainless steel cookware. Many people were saying that you can't cook eggs on a stainless pan or that they burn food and are defective, etc.

However, if you can follow simple directions you can cook anything on a stainless pan quite easily. It is important to use much lower heat than you would use on a non-stick pan. I just want to stress the fact that stainless steel pans are great for cooking. If I can cook scrambled eggs on a stainless pan anybody can.

This was my first time cooking on stainless steel. I'm a total convert. I will never cook with non-stick again, ever. There is no reason to get the teflon chemicals in your body. I don't know how much non-stick actually harms people but I'm not willing to take that gamble.

This is more of a review of stainless steel in general, but this pan is amazing. The craftsmanship is excellent. If I could afford it I would definitely buy All-clad for all of my cookware (I just happened to find this pan for very cheap).
on April 10, 2013
Gushing about a pan seems weird. After all, its just a pan, right?

But it's fantastic. It gets hotter than any pan I've used and it heats evenly and stays incredibly hot, even when you throw in a big slab of meat. There's no hot spots along the bottom, which makes searing and pan sauces a breeze.

It really has changed how I cook. I fully recommend it, if you can afford its steep price.

It also comes with a nice black carrying/storage bag for it. I don't care for it, but its a nice touch, I suppose.
review image
on December 10, 2011
How many of us avoid frying or pan braising or poaching numerous portions of meat because we have to do it "Piecemeal" if we are using 10" - 12" skillet or pan?... I love my 14" all-clad..I can pan braise 4 flattened and breaded chicken breast, or 4 -5 pork chops or 5 pieces of french toast at one time and be done with it...I can finally make chicken fried steak for four people at once without concern that the oil I'm using will be darkened by the time I get to the later pieces. The fry pan's all metal constuction also allows you to brown meat in the pan and transfer to the oven ...If there is any drawback at all, I would have to say I miss a lid. I finally went out and bought a universal cover that simply lays over the top of the pan when frying. THis particular arrangement does not work well however if you are trying to slow cook some item in the skillet and want to retain the liquid...Most true chefs likely prefer to use a large griddle to do some of the things I like to do in the pan....
on January 31, 2013
Other pans don't compare to the quality of an All Clad. For somebody who has not used stainless steel pans it may take some practice to use. Try different heat settings, always use a lubricant, and use bar keepers friend to maintain a clean surface. All Clad pans are well worth the price knowing it will last a lifetime.
on May 16, 2012
Just made an omelette in my new All-Clad 8" fry pan. I have been making eggs in a microwave for 15 years, so to say I am new at this is an understatement. However, I was inspired by everything I read in the Amazon reviews. So, I pre-heated my pan on my gas cooktop. Did the water test: when the water rolls around in little spheres like globs of mercury before evaporating, it's hot enough. Added a tiny bit of butter, enough to coat the bottom of the pan and part way up the sides. My eggs were right out of the fridge, so after scrambling them, I warmed them for 4 seconds in the microwave, just enough to take the chill off. Eggs in pan...waited for them to set...shook the pan...and was delighted to see that the eggs slid around freely. Added cheese and when it melted flipped it over, and there was an omelette almost as good as the chef at the omelette bar at our local eatery. I need to work on getting the eggs fluffier. But the point is that the eggs did not stick a bit when I followed directions. I let the pan cool down a little (warm, not hot) before cleaning it with a little Barkeepers Friend and a Scotch Brite. Took less than a minute. No scratches. Very happy with my new pan.
on April 25, 2014
This pan is large and great for occasions when I'm cooking for a large crowd. There are no hot-spots and heat distribution is excellent. It's also easy to clean. The only reason that I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the handle is too narrow, in my opinion, for this size pan. Not really the pan's fault it's just that I have large hands but a least the gripping feature in the front of the pan helps a great deal. One final note, even though the pan is dishwasher safe, if you want to maintain that bright, just-like-new finish, wash it buy hand.