Stainless High Heat Charcoal Fire Grate Upgrade for Large and MiniMax Big Green Egg Grill
|Price:||$32.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Durable stainless steel contruction from 304 grade heavy duty bars.
- More air flow - starts easier and burns hotter with less charcoal.
- Doesn't clog with ash and charcoal and eliminates frequent cleaning need.
- Fastest and easiest way to reach and maintain high or low grill temperature.
- 5 year manufacturers free replacement warranty.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The High-Que stainless steel fire grate upgrade is designed to improve the performance of your Large/MiniMax Big Green Egg. The 9\" diameter wire grid design allows more airflow to the charcoal and will not clog with ash like the many small holes on the original fire grate.
SIZED TO FIT
9\" charcoal grate diameter is an exact replacement for your Large or MiniMax Big Green Egg
ELIMINATES CLOGGING BY ASH
Stop struggling with the ash that builds up on top of the traditional cast iron firegrate which you have to clean between uses.
Your grill will start faster and burn hotter with less charcoal because of the increased airflow of the High-Que fire grate. If you've ever struggled to get your Big Green Egg to pizza baking temperatures, this is the charcoal grate you have been waiting for!
High-Que doesn't cut any corners: this grid is made of heavy duty 304 grade non-magnetic stainless steel and will last years regardless what you put it through. This product is proudly made in the USA.
EASIER TO START YOUR FIRE
You don't need an eggcelerator or a hair dryer to reach high temperatures any more. In fact, now you can start your fire with just a few sheets of balled up newspaper pushed in through the draft door.
WORKS AT HIGH AND LOW TEMPERATURE
High temp cooking is easier now, but yes, it will still work at lower temperatures. Because the grate does not clog up and block air like the traditional grate, you must regulate the temperature by carefully adjusting the draft door and low temperature cooking is as easy as ever.
5 YEAR WARRANTY
This quality product includes a 5 year free-replacement warranty from High-Que against defects in manufacture and failure in use.
Top Customer Reviews
Now the good and the bad:
1. Lighting the grill is extremely easy now. I use a parafin lighter block, drop it below the fire grate and I am up to cooking temps in 15 mins.
2. Clogging of airflow is now a non issue.
3. Much easier to get up to high heat for searing steak, pizza. Easily reach 700 in 20-25 mins.
4. I use a bbq guru (PID device) for my low and slow cooks and with this fire grate there are zero air flow problems and temperature is spot on.
1. The fire will quickly stoke up with lid open and can run away from you if not paying attention
2. Increased fuel use. More fuel will fall through grate and there is increased ash production.
3. I beleive without a bbq guru (PID device) it would be challenging to hold the low temperatures where you want as it seems even with the vents cracked temp creeps up. But, as said I haven't personally been using it for this.
Overall, I think this is a great product. Just be aware (as the product actually says) you will have to grow accustume to the new temperature profile. Personnally, a little extra fuel use is a no problem for the ease of lighting, speed to cooking, ease to get to high heat steak temp, and ease for bbq guru.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great. It fits my Vision Classic B just fine. Though if I needed another one I would just buy a $7 charcoal grate from Home Depot.Published 7 days ago by jayen
Not sure I'm sold on this yet. I smoked a 9lb pork butt on my BGE and it usually takes me about 2hr/lb. Read morePublished 1 month ago by John
Works as described; allows more air to get my fire started quickerPublished 2 months ago by Patty ann
Great design. Charcoal falls right through to ash trap. Better than original plate that came with the egg.Published 3 months ago by Steve Gillan
Well made heavy stainless grill. I use this grill on top of my Silver Fire Survivor Rocket stove for grilling. Fits the stove perfectly and is easy to clean.Published 3 months ago by Esmoke
This is a must for BGE! No need to stir the coals (if you stir, you'll lose some small charcoal through the grate) - just add new coals, level the charcoal and you're charcoal will... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jeff F.
I have a Grill Dome brand version of the 'green egg' ceramic cooker. After the second ceramic fire grate fractured and the factory did not address the warranty claim, I decided to... Read morePublished 5 months ago by JJ