Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 18, 2014
Used for homebrew application. It's definitely useable for homebrewing since its a zero pressure application and will thread into a 1/2" NPT female connector, but the threading is the cheapest machining I've seen on any SS part- with a ton of burrs and several cuts on my fingers to show for it... these were at 89 cents/ea when I picked them up, so I can't complain.. but I would have been disappointed at the $2-$5 range I have seen them selling at more recently.
on March 7, 2014
These are exactly as I expected for the cost. They are not perfect, but the threading is more than adequate, and work on all the fittings I've tried them on so far. You do see some tooling marks, but they do not hinder the performance of the fitting itself. I can't believe these are this cheap with shipping, I can't find these locally for even twice this cost.
on March 21, 2012
I needed this nipple for building a bulkhead for my 10-gallon Igloo cooler(purchased here) so I could convert it into a mash tun for my homebrewing. It showed up quickly, thanks to Prime shipping, and was exactly as advertised. The best part was that it was cheaper than everywhere else I'd priced by about $2(except from McMaster, but not 1 piece). Thanks, Amazon.
on March 28, 2014
The one I purchased is the shortest possible nipple: all thread, with zero space inbetween. Since the metal threads are surprisingly sharp, this makes it difficult to tighten without a tool... and with a tool you risk damaging the thread. I'd recommend a longer piece, if you can manage it for whatever you're doing.

Otherwise, there are no other issues or other defects. I will be using this for homebrewing, and I'm happy to find this at a reasonable price. It's maybe a quarter cheaper than even some of the best homebrewing stainless parts websites (e.g., Stainlessbrewing dot com), and with free shipping if you already pay for Amazon Prime, it's a no-brainer.
on July 25, 2014
It fit my 1/2 in fitting perfectly. It had a couple burrs on the ends, just picked then off and was careful when tightening.
on February 21, 2015
Inexpensive way to stock up on some stainless nipples.

They're much rougher than the nipples I was born with, but they're better-machined than some of the other stainless nipples I've had.
on November 24, 2013
Standard NPT fitting. I like it, connects great to all of my other homebrew equipment just as I needed. Not sure if there is anything else to say.
on March 13, 2015
Every one of these arrived looking like they had been beaten with a sledge hammer. Very rough threads. Save headache and but better quality.
on April 7, 2015
Used to add additional valves to my brewing setup. Worked as intended and have had no issues after several batches.
on January 12, 2014
Hard to get excited about plumbing, but if this is what you are looking for, you'll be happy to get it. I was!