Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now Tikes

on March 24, 2014
For the price, awesome. The extra spoons are...weird. I gave them to someone at work when they arrived. The scoops are great, though. I notice a little rust after a few weeks of use, but that's no big deal. Got all three for less than 1 OXO scoop. I use them for everything in baking. I scoop standard muffins with the medium scoop, cookies with the small, and pancakes/waffles with the large one. It's really a good set for the price. Semi sharp edges, but again, the price is right.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 31, 2015
 While I did use these to scoop ice cream, I think they are better suited to softer matter. I tried them out with cookie dough, mashed potatoes and cake batter, they worked much better there. The variety of sizes really helped when making cookies and cupcakes.

Check out the video to see the full review.

Disclosure - I received this product in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, opinions and ratings are my own.

*** I try to provide you with simple reviews that get straight to the point without a lot of jargon or repeating the product description. I hope this look at the products has helped you make the decision to buy or not to buy. Thanks for taking the time to read my review! ***
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 27, 2015
I Ama-surfed this style of scooper before coming to this review in order to get an idea what is out there, what the general complaints are about, and the pricing range. And frankly, the half dozen I looked at all had the same feedback. So all things being equal in that respect and comparing pricing value, this IPOW set is at the time the best overall value out of all of them. Add in that I personally have not experienced any particular issues with this set (save for the smallest scooper still being a little stiff in the action), I do give 5 stars based on comparative dollar value.

I did take initial preventive measures when I first opened them up. I put on a touch of WD50 on the wheel mechanism, wiped them down with disinfecting cloths, then rinsed with a little soap and water, and done. They've been working just fine since then (well, once again, the smallest is a bit rough, yet that is only used for melons and hasn't any functional issues). I also rather like the spoons. They make very nice sugar/salt bowl accents, and I use the bronze airbrushed one as my personal coffee stirrer.

I don't put any of these in the dishwasher, but hand wash when needed.

All in all, good set (taking preventive care if needed), great price.

-- I received this as a complimentary review product with the aim of hopefully elucidating features and drawbacks that may help you ultimately decide what fits your needs and budget best.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 25, 2015
These stainless steel scoops work great for ice cream and mash potatoes. I read the other reviews complaining that they stick, pinch, or can not scoop hard ice cream but I can only wonder if they did not receive defective scoops because mine are great! They have not stuck or pinched me once! They are very strong and I don't have the least concern about them breaking when scooping no matter how much force is required to scoop extremely hard ice cream. I mean they are so strong that if I was attacked in my kitchen, I would not hesitate to grab these and use them as a weapon clunking the attacker in the face. LOL

The little spoons are probably just for decorative purposes - a freebie bonus I think.

We received this item as a gift (free or at a discount) with no promise of posting a review. We promised that if we did review this item, it would be our unbiased opinion with the intent of helping Amazon customers make the right buying decision for them and to increase awareness of the item that will help reduce returns. If we do review a gifted item and the giver of the gift prefers our review to be private between them and us and not posted on Amazon publicly, we usually honor that giver's request. Please note that if this review is labeled “verified purchase,” the item came from Amazon stock and you can be assured that the sample we received is representative of what you will receive when you order from this listing.
- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The set of stainless steel scoops is actually a pretty good buy. Your get the three scoops in different sizes and three decorative tiny mystery spoons. I call them mystery spoons because they are so tiny, baby size tiny, that we were initially puzzled as to their possible function

To test the three scoops I opened a half gallon of ice cream and started scooping away. I found that the scoops work best with ice cream that's somewhat softened. Rock hard ice cream right out of the freezer can be a challenge for any spoon or scoop. In my test I also found that it was easier to use the smaller scoops; we like the middle size the best. Though I ended up eating a substantial amount of ice cream for my test, it was well worth it.

The scoops are not just for ice cream. You can use them for things like mashed potatoes,cupcake batter, pudding, or jello, or bread pudding etc.
For the most part the scoops are comfortable to use except when trying to fill them with rock hard ice cream.

What do you do with the little spoons? You can give them away for they are decorative and attractive. You can use them for the sugar bowl to limit your intake. You can use fill little glass bowls with ice cream toppings and use the decorative spoons to decorate your favorite ice cream with toppings and sprinkles. At a barbecue or picnic these little spoons might be great to spoon out condiments like relish and chopped onions.

sample provided
on January 23, 2015
smallest one broke after the first use. The joint where the mechanism goes from rod to the curved dislodging thingy broke. I might try some epoxy... the spoons smell like old pennies and snap proken when bent slightly but i dont really care about them. You get what you pay for.
on January 22, 2015
The spoons are very cheap looking! I used them to stir sugar into coffee or tea and they lost their color after a few uses. The so-called ice cream scoops are worthless. Maybe you could scoop something soft like mashed potatoes but not ice cream, not unless it's near-melted!
on February 24, 2014
The scooping mechanism tends to stick. Due to open design, you need to be careful when using: since you need to use a lot of force, it doesn't take much to get an unpleasant pinch. I have no idea why they include the three spray-painted kids' spoons seeming to be made of cheap plastic or extremely low-gauge tin/aluminum... I can't imagine they're safe to actually use.

In addition to the potential painful pinching, these scoops have some sharp edges that are unpleasant. Not great quality, but they've lasted a couple of weeks so far. I don't see willing these to the children when we're dead. If you like good quality, don't try to cheap out on this item, it's not worth it, just use two spoons or buy good ones.
on June 9, 2014
These are already broke. Not ice cream scooper at all, more for melons or soft butter. Not worth it to me and definitely not worth hassle of sending back. Matter of fact they are cheappppp. One broke before we even used it by just testing it out like we all do. You know clicking it and bam right out of box one broke. Do not buy for ice cream, Low quality very low
on January 23, 2014
I just love them! The spoons are gorgeous. The scoops are perfect for cookies, serving mashed potatoes, making meat balls (got 48 nice meat balls out of 2.5lbs of ground meat).