4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to plastic stays, Stainless Steel
Published on November 28, 2009 by Billgon

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Stainless Steel!
Despite the description, these are made of nickel-plated mild steel, not stainless! This can be easily verified with a magnet: stainless steel is either non-magnetic or only very, very slightly magnetic.

Published on December 2, 2010 by Jamie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to plastic stays, Stainless Steel, November 28, 2009
This review is from: 24 Stainless Steel Metal Collar Stays for Dress Shirts (Apparel)
Pleased with this product as they are solid and will not bend easily like the plastic stays I have used for years! You get a few different sizes and they come in a sturdy plastic box. They are not cheap but worth the $15.00 or so I paid. Packaging is poor as they came in a bubble wrap envelope. My set has some black spots on them which do not effect the use as they will be hidden in my shirt collar.

If you are tired of those cheap plastic ones that bend, this is your answer.

To the company that makes them, there is no reason that black dots should be on this product after all they are stainless steel, please correct this and you get 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, October 1, 2009
A.N. Other (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The extra weight and rigidity of these stays keeps your collar tips straight much better than the standard plastic ones. This packet comes in two lengths (2.5 and 3 inch). The longer ones might be a problem for some shirts, so I would opt for a pack of shorter ones in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Stainless Steel!, December 2, 2010

These stays are better than the cheap plastic ones that come with most shirts, but are significantly over-priced considering that they're not made of stainless steel. They're also going to have to be removed before each laundry. Otherwise the nickel plating will eventually start to flake and leave rust stains all over my shirts.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Steel collar stays, May 11, 2009
I'm very satisfied with the collar stays. I received them in about a week from the time I placed the order and it was exactly what was advertised. It's a good replacement for the plastic stays that come with most shirts that always end up getting lost from the cleaners or start to curve after a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Quality, September 13, 2009
N. E. Garner (Indianapolis, Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
I had grown very tired of having my collars curl under and even the more expensive shirts I had purchased from stores such as Banana Republic, GAP and Macy's, only had plastic collar stays and they fell out very easily and bent or broke twice as such. I first off did not even know what the little bugger's were called, then I knew I had to find stays that would actually stay in the collar and last longer than a few wearings of my shirts. I found these stainless stays on amazon and was a little weary about the points of them. I knew stainless would be great for quality, just did not know if they were too strong to rip through the the tips of my collar. Thankfully, this specific brand is of a great hidden quality. Even though you are the only person to ever see these stays, as we all know, sometimes quality is like the cover of a book, it's best on the inside. I found exactly what I was looking for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected from the last order I made, May 28, 2013
I received 24 of the same size stays and they are not sending in the plastic box these days, perhaps it was a mix up, but my husband already started using, so not much I can do about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, January 16, 2012
Grant Jaffarian (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
These are excellent high quality collar stays, precisely what I was looking for. Only one word of caution, I find myself using the short collar stays much more frequently than the long ones. In fact, several of my shirts have collars too short for the long stays. It may be worth getting one box mixed and another box of just the shorter stays.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than does the job, January 6, 2012
C. S. Kaufman (Southern California) - See all my reviews
They are stiff enough to keep a collar sharp, the are thin enough that they fit in all of my shirts and two lengths is the right number. I do need two sizes based on whose shirt I'm wearing but with ONLY two sizes it is easy to find a matching pair early in the morning when I am still groggy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deal, this is the one, January 30, 2010
I wanted metal collar stays and did not want to spend a lot. These stays were priced right and are just right, really pleased. I use them every day. Plus bought some for my son's. by the way the package came in perfect shape and the stays were in perfect shape, no problems!

2.0 out of 5 stars Collar Stays, September 4, 2009
As someone who has been involved in E-Commerce, I try not to give poor reviews unless absolutely necessary.

That said, I received the package in poor condition. The collar stays were strewn about in the envelope. The plastic bag, which held the plastic case was torn open, and the top of the case was loose in the envelope. The plastic case itself looks very used... its marked up and has small cracks in it.

The stays themselves have marking all over them as well... however, I can't tell if thats how they are manufactured or not.

All in all... not a great experience. Even if they were advertised as "used" I'd expect everything to be in better condition, but they weren't.

Rate and Discover Movies