4.0 out of 5 stars Do not rust, cheap enough to lose...
Published 8 months ago by Nathaniel Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Real steel, but too narrow
The shirt stays are fine, they are made of thick steel, but they are too narrow and at times falls off the shirts.
Published 2 months ago by Easy Rider

4.0 out of 5 stars Do not rust, cheap enough to lose..., January 23, 2014
This review is from: 24 2.5" Stainless Steel Collar Stays for Dress Shirts (Apparel)
I've been using a variety pack of this brand of stay for a few years, and have been satisfied enough that I've reordered an additional pack in a specific size. I can attest that they do not rust, despite my storing them in their included case in the humid bathroom. They are a ferrous grade of stainless steel, so magnets do indeed stick to them, which it appears some users do help retain them.

I personally would opt to add a wider stay of the same length to the size options, as in some of my shirts, the pockets are so wide that these fall out too easily when my collar is flipped up (getting dressed / tying a tie -- I guess this is where the magnet retention comes in). But for the vast majority of my shirts, these fit such that they stay put, yet slide out easily when I want them to.

It's certainly handy having a whole bunch of these, so I'm not ever hunting for them. They're cherished enough that I'm very careful to stash them away in dedicated places so they eventually make it back to their case (or back into a clean shirt), yet inexpensive enough that I don't feel like I can't give a pair to a co-worker with a jacked-up collar, or stress when I misplace one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 19, 2012
These stays are perfect. Exactly what I expected. Size works for any shirt, and you get 24 of them - are you kidding? A couple of years ago I spent $90+ on collar stays at Brooks Brothers. I feel violated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great low cost substitute for Wurkin Stiffs - Power Stays, February 11, 2013
Buy with 1/2 x 1/8 or 3/8 x 1/8 magnets to make your own power stays. They work great, you get more, and they are about half the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my marriage, February 8, 2013
My husband always loses his collar stays (meaning our 3yo likes to take them off of the table and play with them), AND his belts are always on the floor. Thanks to another reviewer, I found out they were magnetic. LIGHTBULB!!!!! Solution? This magnetic strip being used for a non-traditional use: NEW, 13 Inch Long Wall-Mount Magnetic Knife Holder, Wall-Mount Tool Holder, Magnetic Knife Strip, w/Three (3) Hanging Hooks. I installed this strip in his closet and now the stays "stay" on the strip, way up high, away from tiny fingers. The bonus were the hooks. They were the main reason why I bought this model and not others. Now his belts have a home too. The stays themselves seem to be made really well and he loves that they don't get flimsy like many of the plastic ones do. I mostly love that he isn't bugging me on his way out the door to find some for him :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, September 6, 2013
These are strong and hold in my shirts nicely. Had a couple of them go through the wash without any issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stays, overpackaged, March 3, 2014
They do their job well. I find that they are exactly the right length for most of my shirts; if they were a millimeter longer they would be too long, so make sure to check that they are the length you need.
They come individually wrapped in plastic and then packed tightly into a plastic box which was cracked and broken when I received it. Not a big deal, but a waste of plastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Infinitely better than plastic, April 7, 2014
uniq "uniq" (El Dorado Hills, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I cannot believe that I just discovered that collar stays can be made from metal! As soon as I learned that (by searching for stays on Amazon.com), I tried to figure out what size to buy -- my shirts have a few different sizes of stays. I decided not to buy a set of different stays since believing that I will loose a few here and there (if you observed matching socks on occasion disappearing into a parallel universe, I assumed that metal stays would have a tendency to do the same) and didn't want to end up having very few of the size I need and a ton of the size I don't.

After measuring stays in several of my shirts, I came to conclusion that 2.5" in length should work in almost all cases. The problem was with the wider ones: stays in some shirts are twice wider.

This turned out to be true. Being smooth and heavy, these stays will NOT stay in their slots unless they fit tightly in the width. I have not figured out how to easily solve this problem yet, but for the shirts where these do fit in width, they are perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing is superior to steel collar stays, February 11, 2013
Sometimes you forget to remove collar stays, and they get washed, and dried and they warp etc. With these collar stays, my collar always looks freshly pressed, has a nice and proper/professional look. and on top of that... they're steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Stay with me Baby, July 25, 2014
Even without having used metal collar stays, I should have expected to minor problem of them slipping out when I take my shirts on and off. I love the idea, but the reality is that I might switch to lighter, plastic collar stays that only come out when I pop my clothes in the wash. The service was great though, and for people that only wear their shirt once, go with these. They are classy.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, May 29, 2014
Plastic stays break all the time, these really stay put keeps the collar corners tight! thank you! vender sent them as stated

Rate and Discover Movies