Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 24, 2012
I am well pleased with this watch. It has a substantial feel to it, most impressive for a watch in this price class. The watch band is of high quality as well - comfortable, with no plucking of my hairy arm. I purchased a Seiko costing more, which is not at all as good in this regard. This watch looks very good, as well, receiving many compliments from my friends who have seen it. The watch face is large and clear without appearing to be over sized. The luminous hands and hour marks become dimmer overnight, but are readable throughout the night. Finally, it keeps very good time, no apparent gain or loss in the last week, which is something I always welcome in a timepiece. I am impressed with the value I see in this watch and would recommend it to others. Update - I added a comment before I realized that I could edit this post.

November 2013 update: I still love this watch. It continues to function well and is still very accurate. It continues to draw positive comments and still looks good. I would replace it if lost or destroyed with another of the same.

March 2014 update: The watch is still great. I recently reset the time, as it had gained about ten seconds in about a year and a half. Wow.
on August 3, 2012
Don't be surprised if you get compliments on this watch. Just enough size to easily see time, day, and date, but not too much to overpower your wrist. Very clean and classic looking and weight is perfect for a stainless watch. Price is perfect for this watch. The fit was very large so I had two links taken out at a local jeweler for $10 and it fits very well now. I have not swam with this watch yet but it is resistant up to 100M so it should be good in the pool or rain. Design seems high quality and hopefully this watch holds up, from the looks of it and from other casios I have owned, it will for years to come.
on June 23, 2012
I've been an owner of Casio watches for nearly 20 years, mainly of the G Shock series with rubber bands etc. But never really wore their dressy metal/steel bands before. Since the early 90's I always paid $80 to $150 for the G Shocks i wore. They were the best watches i've owned. I've hand well over 6 different Casio watches since then. When ever i wanted to wear dressy styled watches I went with Victorniox Swiss Army watches until I noticed Casio started making classier watches as of lately. So i took a chance on the the Casio Edifice and i'm impressed. I've seen the other Casio stainless steel watches that run about 30 to 50 dollars and the materials feel cheap. This one feels substantial and carries a nicely weighted feel to it. It has the look and feel of a nicely constructed watch and i'm blown away by it.
on September 19, 2014
I purchased this watch based on the (mostly) positive reviews on Amazon. I confess that I ordered it as a way of fighting off the urge to buy a $3500 Omega Speedmaster Professional, something I've lusted after for a long while. I found it after doing a Google search for 'Speedmaster Clones', and liked what I saw.

Now this watch is no Omega, but for the price it's an excellent watch. I like the fit-and-finish of the product. Some have criticized the watchband for looking cheap but I find it to be rather nice looking and comfortable, too. The face of the watch itself looks better in person than the picture on Amazon. It appears understated, semi-elegant and with a touch of the Speedmaster 'Right Stuff'. For $85 it's *totally* worth it. I'm very happy with my purchase.
on December 27, 2014
No, seriously... I love it.

The hands are SO easy to read. I love the smaller dials that show the day, date and 24 hour time as opposed to watches that have chronographs, etc. on the face. Sure, having a countdown timer, chronograph, alarms and other bells and whistles are nice, but I have all those on my G-Shock if I want them.

Who would have thought that a watch could be... well... fun. It looks good, feels good and the Japanese movement is all that I expected it to be.

The tick marks are very precise, meaning that each hand is exactly on the mark. There is no equivocation about what the hand is pointing to. With the date dial so small, such precision is an absolute must and this watch delivers flawlessly.

It uses a post style locking mechanism on the buckle so there is very little worry about it being undone accidentally and links can be removed for resizing. If you aren't familiar with removing links then I highly recommend visiting THE video site and searching for the "how to" videos.

The luminescent hands hold their glow for an amount of time that blows the competition out of the water and the setting instructions are very clear and the procedure absurdly simple.

The retrograde day indicator is just fun to watch when it changes from Sunday to Monday. The only downside is that when it snaps back to Monday, it means it's a bloody workday. Oh, well... not the watch's fault, eh?
on July 5, 2012
This product looks really top drawer for the price. It has a very elegant dial and goes well with both formal and casual wear. The watch arrived in time, well packed. Completely satisfied with the purchase.
on February 20, 2015
The watch pictured here on amazon shows silver 24 Hour, Day, and Date hands over a black face. Very nice clean and readable, but the one I received has black hands over a black face. NOT nice and readable. Manufacturer mistake? Don't know, but it's being returned this evening.
on September 11, 2012
you cant find anything better for the money, in person looks amazing the pictures don't show how elegant and well built is, a score for casio.
on October 20, 2012
for the price its amazing. but you need to know. when i saw it in person. i noticed the band is not that shiny steel material that we see in good quality watches. its mere chinese style scratch proof silver which is dull and can be noticed by first eye contact. other than that. it looks amazing and hefty. a guy's watch.
PLUS SIDE: the dull side of the watch which is the band, can be changable by shops with a little extra money. no biggy.
review image
IMHO, this is Casio Edifice EF341D-1AV is the best-looking multi-feature watch regardless of price. The watch has a diameter of 44 mm, which makes reading all of its time and date indications very easy.

Unlike most watches of this type which contain three small round dials, this Edifice has a much larger half dial (Casio calls it Retrograde) that indicates day of week. This design makes the entire watch look very unique and visually pleasing. The other two small round dials indicate whether the current time is AM or PM, and the current date.

The entire watch exudes excellent quality that runs contrary to its rather modest cost.

My past favorite brand has been Seiko but now it is Casio Edifice. I do have to add that it's not just any Edifice; it is EF341D-1AV that I like the most. The same watch face design is also available with leather band Casio Men's EF341L-1AV Black Leather Quartz Watch with Black Dial, and different watch face and case color Men's Stainless Steel Edifice Rose Two Tone Dial Quartz Date Retrograde Day.

There is a laser-etched sticker on the back of the watch to prove its authenticity.