5.0 out of 5 stars Big watch for big men
Published on July 16, 2009 by K. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Tanked Watch
ONLY 3 Months old...never in water..Rained & moister fogged up the dial. Amazon...said "Send it back for repair along with $28 bucks"...I wanted a NEW replacement... but did not reply to me....Love the way Invicta watches look...but the quailty is VERY poor. My others lasted about 18 months...at the price.I was OK with it...but after 3 months Amazon..you should be...
Published on November 17, 2011 by Kenef

5.0 out of 5 stars Big watch for big men, July 16, 2009
This review is from: Men's Stainless Steel Lefty Force Chronograph Black Dial Leather Strap (Watch)
I'm big,and I'm left-handed,and this watch is perfect for me.It fairly yells "I am a man!" Before I bought this watch,I was a bit hesitant because of the leather band.Every other watch I have owned has had bands that were too short and too stiff,as well as being difficult to release the pins (to me,the bands are installed backwards).On this watch,Invicta seemed to realise that big men would be wearing it and up-sized the band accordingly.They made the band of top quality materials with a nicely polished embossed buckle and strap keeper.Very attractive!Now,the next item was just great.The strap pins are furnished with little levers that allow you to remove them without the use of any tools,just a finger-tip.Well,I thought it was pretty neat.The watch itself is quality,beautifully finished and attractive - manly,if you will.If I wouldn't look funny wearing two,I would!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four and a half stars..., November 4, 2011
W. D. Gagliani (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
In many ways, this is a perfect watch for me. I have a fair number of watches and my head is often turned by a new one. I like military style, or big chunky silver sporty watches, mostly sticking to traditional round shapes. Love chronographs. Not afraid of large. I have a few Invicta models. Let's be clear: while this is a large watch, it is NOT as large as my Russian Diver model, or even my black Corduba. No matter what some reviewers say, it's not a monstrosity. But it is large. It's beautiful in so many ways. The leather strap is perfect, with white stitching. The style here is more racing-oriented than military. The red subnumerals on the dial, the red second hand in the sub-dial and the red chronograph second hand -- all these tiny splashes of red on black give it that "rally" look for me, along with the white stitching on the band. Its case is a bit shinier than I might have preferred -- I'd like to see it in a flat finish, for instance. The one thing that bothers me, besides the shiny case, is the fact that I had to buy it as a "lefty" model. Now, I think it's great to have this version available for left-handed people! It's just that my vanity makes me nervous, expecting somebody's going to notice the crown and controls on the left side and assume I made a mistake. You know: "Didn't you realize it was made for lefties?" I do wish there was a right-handed model available. The funny thing is, having worn it now a few times, I actually like the way my right thumb can push the controls more easily where they are located on the left side of the case! So I've decided I don't care if people assume I'm just clueless -- the watch looks great and I love it, and there's a pretty good chance most people wouldn't even notice the crown being on the "wrong" side, because this isn't one of those watches so large it captures attention -- again, it's large, but doesn't seem outrageous in size. As far as I can tell, all operations are crisp and perfect. I know I have a problem, because now I'm gazing at another lefty model, a black one, with lust. Can a right-handed person get away with owning two left-handed watches? Clearly, I think so... If you like this sort of "rally" look, then this Invicta model fills that role splendidly.

--W.D. Gagliani, author of Savage Nights

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the money., October 11, 2011
I like big pilot and diver style chronometers and these are awesome for the money. I normally like moderately priced automatic watches like Hamilton and Montblanc but these although being cheap still definitely style up your causal outfit. They are positively attention grabbers. For sure I will wear them going hiking or sailing. Really nice dial and hands, no effort needed to see the time as in some other watches. But consider this - for the same reason that in my opinion a large man looks ridiculous driving a tiny car if you are small man I think you should think twice before buying this watch - it's huge. Having said that I bought one and gave it as a gift to my son, now feel that I liked them enough to still buy another one for keeps. Hope this review helps you with your decision, please don't forget to like it if you found it helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT WATCH, ALSO FOR A RIGHT HANDED MAN, July 22, 2011
GTA (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
July of 2011:
I fell for this watch the minute I saw it; I loved its simple design, honest materials (steel and leather, exposed and pure), its "what you see is what you get" attitude. I am not left handed, and I looked very hard for an equivalent right handed design, without success. Still, I decided to give it a chance and ordered the watch from Amazon at a great price. Upon delivery, I tried the watch and noticed that it felt more comfortable than my other watches because since the crown and chronometer control buttons face away from one's wrist (assuming usage on left hand) so no matter how hard you bend your wrist the buttons will never limit or get in the way of your movements.

I've been using this watch for over 30 days now and I find it to be very accurate compared to my cell phone's signal-regulated clock.

I can't understand why people complain about this watch being too big, when the specs clearly indicate that the case is 45.1 millimeters in diameter; how hard is it to get a measuring tape and check it against your own wrist before ordering? Even if you don't know anything about millimeters??? ([...]

By the way, it is big. Right on the edge for my wrist size.

Apr, 2014: The watch is working well, it is very precise... still with the original battery. I find it comfortable, and the overall looks is still of a new watch, even after after wearing it daily for nearly 3 years. Just a good quality watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Joaquin Harnecker, July 10, 2011
I am a fan of special watches, looking for pieces that that not everybody has;
As such I own a Vostock Rocket N1 GMT , a Junkers JU 52 cockpit GMT , and owned a Panerai Luminor GMT (44) that was stolen
I also own a Victorinox Swiss Army GMT and a Timex Expedition which can show 3 different timezones, although analog
You have now guessed that I am a dual time zone fan.
I was looking to replace the stolen Panerai but since I have the mentioned GMT pieces, was looking for something different and was aiming at the Luminor Destro ; the price however killed my interest and surfing the web I came across the U Boat watches and loved the Flightdeck model, noting that several movies starts, including Stallone ( a Panerai fan ) and Schwarzenegger wear them; the price again was an issue and suddenly I came across this watch which had features I was looking for, big, rugged style,with a robust leather strap with stitches ,for leftahanders , in addition with a chronograph , which none of the above mentioned collection has; and the price via Amazon was unvelievable ( USD 189 against MSRP 4995 !! ). I oredered it immediantely amd am enjoying wearing and using it; I am not a lefthander and waer it on my left wrist; it looks great and allows easy manipulation of the crown and the chronograph buttons
The only features that can be questioned are the luminiscence ( you have to plkace it in front of a strong light in order to glow in the dark for a short while, and that the chronograph is not " rattrapante type", where you can time 2 events ate the same time
But with the look, the features and the price, the mentioned issues become peanuts
The watch looks great, so far works great and has increased my collection of non expensive nice watches with special features

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, June 28, 2009
M. Payan (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great watch! Im a righty and this is a lefty watch. I was worried about how it would fit but no trouble there. It fits well and looks great. This is my first leather band watch as Im not a fan but it may have changed my mind about that. I get tons of compliments! This watch is well worth the price and I would definitely recommend purchasing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big watch!!, January 11, 2010
I ordered this watch for myself on Christmas morning (didn't get what I wanted from family). Received it the following Tuesday.
What a nice watch! Being left-handed, it never occured to me to buy a left-handed watch. The quality is very good, with nice, heavy leather strap. Nicely finished and solid, easy to use stems. Easy to read dials.
Very satisfied for the price. A Bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real "Eye Catcher" - Excellent Timepiece, January 10, 2010
I was smiling when my "Lefty" arrived and I haven't stopped smiling since. Get a lot of positive comments from others. The mineral (crystal) is scratch resistant (I'm hard on watches.) Set the mini-dial second hand to the Navy Atomic Clock (official time,) and decided to sync the chronograph second hand to my school's bell (I'm a teacher.) It is very accurate. Overall, a Fantastic Watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars great looking watch and fast shipper, will buy again soon, June 4, 2008
A Kid's Review
the watch looks very nice for a great price and was received within a few days. I will buy again in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrist clock, June 24, 2007
I love it. It is definitely a big watch but it is a lot of fun to wear. I am a righty and still wear it on my left wrist. I found that the dial bothers me on the right hand. Great Sunday funday watch.

Rate and Discover Movies