An avid home cook that is a collector of both cookbooks and cooking gadgets writes this review. I purchased this product because I was tired of fishing bay leaves and herb stems out of my dishes and did not want to bother with cheesecloth bundles or straining sauces. I have summarized my observations of this product below:

Pros:

1. No more hunting...
Published on July 12, 2006 by Amalfi Coast Girl

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks a lot bigger than it is.
If you want a big tea ball I suggest you look at the 3 inch tea balls. I use it for fruit based tea so the tea is basically dried fruit chunks which are bigger than ground tea. The tea ball is around two inches in diameter so when you open it you only have one inch to put your tea in. I just have trouble getting enough tea in this to work for me.
Published on July 5, 2008 by Corky

5.0 out of 5 stars If you cook a lot with a lot of whole herbs and spices you need this little gadget, July 12, 2006
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser

Pros:

1. No more hunting for the last annoying bay leaf in the sauce

2. Small size means it is easy to store

3. Easy to clean by hand because it is stainless steel

4. Fine mesh also makes a nice pot of tea or herb infused wine or vinegar

Cons:

1. Due to its the light weight it could be a problem in a dishwasher, although I haven't tried it there because it is so easy to clean by hand

Overall, if you do a lot of cooking, and use a lot of whole herbs and spices this little gadget is much easier than straining sauce, making a cheesecloth bundle or searching for bay leaves and herb stems in your finished dish. My only regret is that I didn't purchase this product sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally after search I found it!, December 16, 2008
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
I saw it on an episode of Good Eats. Alton uses it to infuse herbs into a stock without the messy digging out of sprigs and leaves. Very helpful. Cleanup is a bit of a mess. Do not put it in the dishwasher. Don't know what the deal was...it can sit in a pot of boiling water but put it in the dishwasher and it rusts! That is why I got 2!

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks a lot bigger than it is., July 5, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Indian-style masala chai!, September 5, 2009
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
Put in the ginger, spices and tea leaves into the infuser, and throw it into the boiling water. One infuser can hold enough stuff to make 3-4 cups of tea. Easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea infuser, March 19, 2009
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
This product is great because it lets the loose tea expand to release all of the flavor of the tea. I ordered 2 because I like to combine flavors of tea and these work wonderfully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to use., March 4, 2010
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
I bought this because my wife and I love to make roasted corn tea, something we grew fond of after several trips to our favorite Korean restaurant. We bought a large bag and started boiling our own tea in the comfort of our home. When we put them in the water, the corns just float on the top. After boiling them for several minutes, the corn starts to sink but also starts to break apart when they are thoroughly soaked. With this little gadget, we can put 3 tablespoon inside the little cage and they stay under. You also have no need to grab a strainer as everything stay snugly inside except for the very minute morsels.

This infuser is made of stainless steel. A hook is attached to the end of the chain so you can hang it at the side of the pot. Chain is long enough to accommodate taller pots. This is big and intended mainly for use in pots; not for personal single servings. Very simple gadget and very easy to use. Made in China for RSVP, USA.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for making any clear broth/stock, May 20, 2011
Yvette (NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
It's big enough to hold garlic,herbs,ginger...etc so your broth will get all the flavors not the mess. The chain is long enough, the cage closes well, and no rust anywhere so far. yay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, February 17, 2011
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
This tea infuser is perfect for loose tea. It fits in all of my ceramic tea pots and can be used for a min. of one cup of tea.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for pitchers., March 26, 2010
D. Russell (Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
I was going to use this to make 2 c. of tea in my coffee mug. However, it really didn't fit well in it. It would fit well in a pitcher tho, and there was no problem with the way it clasped together or cleaned.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Design, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Stainless Steel Mesh Tea & Cooking Infuser
To save money, they connected the chain to the lever. If strainer gets sideways when removing, it opens up and spills contents in brew. Do not buy.

Rate and Discover Movies