5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and looks neat!
Published on January 9, 2011 by Tabitha Borchardt

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good
These were weirdly inconsistent: some lids were way too tight and others too loose, such that they barely stay on. On arrival, one of the acrylic lids had fallen down into the container. It looked like they're just wedged in to the metal tops...not actually attached. The stand is a joke unless you drill it and install it on the wall.

With all that said,...
Published on March 5, 2012 by Penelope

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and looks neat!, January 9, 2011
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars
I got this magnetic spice jar set and hung them over the stove on magnetic strips (not the metal plate that comes with it) and it looks great! It's like a functional piece of artwork, you can see all the textures and colors of spices through the clear lids, and they are within reach for cooking. The containers are a nice quality and seem like they will last quite a long time. (I was worried because other clear-lidded ones I've seen in stores seemed kind of junky).

For larger spice chunks like cloves and bay leaf, you have to open the lid, they won't fit out the small shaker opening. The lids twist off pretty easily though, so this isn't a showstopper.

I also had concerns about the lids staying on when mounted completely vertically on a wall, but they all stay on just fine. Overall, this has been a great purchase for organizing our tiny kitchen!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars

With all that said, there don't seem to be ANY good ones on the market. Apparently it is too much to ask for a spice container to be magnetic, AND air tight, so that the spices inside are well preserved. What gives? Why can't you buy the tall rectangular spice tins (some spices are sold this way)? I found some twist lock tins for .75 and I'll stick them on a knife magnet. But seriously: There is a good market for these, so why do they all suck?

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect for my needs, June 1, 2013
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars
I was leary to buy a prebuilt magnetic spice rack because of all the mixed reviews I was reading on them. SO I bought four of these packs for the tins themselves (the racks are still in their boxes awaiting some new purpose that I have yet to determine). I ordered these to be used with Spice Tin Wall Base, Stainless 12" X 24" for Magnetic Spice Tins and hang on my wall. I have a lot of spices and herbs and these hold up beautifully and match the wall base perfectly.

The magnet on the back of these tines is very strong. Even while holding up heavy spices like peppercorns or Hawaiian Pink Salt, they do not slide or fall off the base (and unlike these small bases, the base that I have these hanging on do not have the inset grooves to help hold them up).

The description claims that the lids have glass, which is also one of the reasons I chose these tins over other tins. I was worried that a plastic top would get burned with some of the more corrosive spices like cloves or mustard. I am not sure what the tops are actually made of, as they do not feel like glass but they also do not feel like cheap plastic. So far these have been holding my spices for 4 months and no sign of maleffects on the tops yet. Even fine spices like the cream of tartar is staying put. Other reviewers have stated that they had inconsistency with the lids, some being too lose and others too tight. I did find one lid out of the 24 tins that was fairly loose, so I use that tin to hold the whole nutmeg, but other than that I've found everything to be easy to use and work with.

Do make sure that as you wash these you allow the lids to fully dry before putting new spices into them. Cleaning and maintenance is fairly easy, but a couple of the lids seem to like to hold onto moisture a little longer than some of the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A GREAT SOLUTION FOR A SMALL SPACE..., August 6, 2011
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars
THE JARS WILL MOUNT TO MY REFIG IN OUR CAMPER KITCHEN . I USE THEM WITHOUT THE RACK. I BOUGHT THE LABELS TO PLACE ON THE LID ALSO. LOVE THE LOOK & THE SPACE SAVER OPTION. THEY LOOK GREAT ON MY FRIG! WELL MADE!

4.0 out of 5 stars versatile and effective, October 11, 2011
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars
very good product. some lids fit tighter than others, but they all surprisingly hold even fine powdered spices. the magnets are strong and the glass is generally free of scratches.

a bit of the finer spices can get caught between the lid and the canister when it's being turned to dispense spice, but it's a great product. i'm actually purchasing more to complete my collection.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not functional, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars
I've been using this for a month now, the jars look nice in my kitchen but its a hassle to use them.

After a few uses the spices get stuck and its become difficult to turn the lid to expose the shaker holes. I end up not using the shaker holes and just open the lid completely, but it can get messy opening the lid since some of the spices that get stuck fall out.

5.0 out of 5 stars For my dad's auto, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars
Bought this for my dad. He uses for when he works on his car and motorcycle. He likes how tin stays on frame while he is taking off or putting back bolts etc.. Does not lose or misplace anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, November 6, 2011
This review is from: Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars
Love it :)Really handy & saves space , very attractive as well. Nice design to containers, and fits into modern living spaces well

Stainless Steel Spice Rack with 6 Magnetic Jars