Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

75%
25%

on January 18, 2013
At first I wasn't sure I wanted to pay what seemed like a lot for a stake. You can also buy a simple cork screw stake that is used to keep a dog on a leash staked down in the middle of a yard for example (they are a bit cheaper). But this stake is pretty much indestructible and the handy carrying pouch is quite handy so I always have the stake on my belt loop for when needed (Note: The dog corkscrew stakes are better for either big kites or heavy winds).. It is easy to push this stake in the ground with the larger stake head and the design allows you to tie off a kite string fairly easily in the middle of the string or if you are flying a stunt kite (which I primarily use it for) to put the handle loops over the stake and push it all the way into the ground to secure the kite (I often switch between a light wind stunt kite and heavier stunt kite using this stake to hold the one I'm not using). I know of at least one person who wished he would have used his stake every time he flew his kite. One time when the wind died he brought down one stunt kite and tried another one and then when the wind picked up his unsecured stunt kite took off handle/string/kite and all in a big gust - we never figured out where it landed!!
on July 22, 2013
THe stainless steel stunt kite ground stake was surprisingly the same logo as my volksquad kite, and the exact stake used for this kite ... isn't life grand...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2014
I love it. Stakes my kite well
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
Make your own- do not waste your money or have someone make it for you- because you will lose it eventually anyway
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse