Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 14, 2010
This product does an okay job, but a better tea bag squeezer would be firmer. When you use this squeezer the metal bends and the ends do not stay flat because of the pressure being applied. The result of this is that it does not get all the juice out of the tea bag unless you squeeze the very end that touches the tea bag, thus defeating its purpose.

The material needs to be firmer or of a different shape. There is a slight curve in the metal of the handle, which should make it stronger, but it is still flimsy due to the length and lack of rigidity. Ideally the part that contacts the bag should be as flat as possible, so a good even pressure can be applied.

Also, the area that contacts the tea bag is not as big as a tea bag, and this, coupled with its reduced contact area due to flexing, makes it so you have to squeeze it a bunch of times.

Not to be rude, but maybe nobody's noticed this because people in the tea drinking community are not known for their strength. I don't know.

Some people (like the person looking over my shoulder and criticizing me for writing this), will tell you that it is just a $5 dollar tea squeezer, but that's five dollars you can spend on a tea squeezer that works. And maybe the company that manufacturers this product will read the review and make some changes, and eventually come out with a great tea squeezer.

I could go on, but there isn't anything more to say.
on June 1, 2012
The photo depicts teabag tweezers that look exactly like the pair I had purchased some years back. I wanted to buy another pair that I could keep at work (can't live without tea in air-conditioned offices!). Unfortunately, the pair I received has different design - the perforated parts are actually separate details that have been welded to the main part of the tweezers (unlike the pictured pair that is all one piece of stainless steel). The perforated parts are also wider than the main part of the tweezers (twice the width compared to the picture) - this could be a good thing for handling large teabags. Also the stainless steel feels thinner and more flexible, which I don't like.
My biggest disappointment is misrepresentation of the product. I am sure the different design will function too, but this is not what I intended to buy. Unfortunately, returning them would be too much of a hassle, so I'll just take them to work anyway (and put them to work). Again, it doesn't seem to be a bad product, I might have been thrilled about the new design if I had seen it accurately pictured before.
on November 3, 2011
I am scratching my head over reading these reviews. I bought this because everyone talks about how great and useful this gadget is. I disagree and am gravely disappointed.

To begin with, the product description (at the time of this writing) does not give us any dimensions whatsoever. Let me give those to you now. The tongs are 5 inches long and 3/4 of an inch wide. That's the size of the whole tong. Now see that gripper where all the holes are? That's only 3/4 of an inch wide and 1 1/2 inches long. Also, it is well below a millimeter thick. My spoons are twice as thick as these tongs are.

I have an average single-use Green Tea by Lipton teabag which is 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches long. See the difference? The tea bag is nearly twice the size as the tongs, rendering the tongs totally useless.

Finally, dugi303 is right. It does bend and personally I did better using two table soup spoons.

I can't imagine why anyone is saying these are great. It's like I'm missing something, but there it is. If Amazon will allow me, I shall post pictures as examples.

UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot about the pictures. I'll try to get to that this weekend, but that's not why I'm updating this. I see that another reviewer has said that the product is not what is pictured, that is wrong. Though I hate the little thing, it is exactly as pictured... except for the fact that there is no way to tell its scale.
on February 28, 2012
this product does not squeeze all of the tea out of the bag. Perhaps I'll find another use for it. Not even sure if they can be used as mini tongs because there's no spring, so after you squeeze and let go of the bag, you have to manually open the squeezer by manipulating the handle with your thumb, index and middle finger. Flimsy, impractical, poor design.
on March 1, 2012
Been using this product (Stainless Steel Tea Bag Squeezer, by Harold Import Company, Inc.) for two years (since March 2010) and it is truly excellent! I'm writing this review to refute the criticisms of those folk who seem to have jumped to conclusions without having used the product for very long.

It's possible that the one I received, two years ago, was made of a superior stainless steel versus copies now shipping. However, in the last few months, the product has got strong positive reviews, so it seems that they're still shipping the same quality.

Yes, it flexes a bit. When I first got it, I thought that it was flimsy, and manually bent the forks a little bit inward. I expected to have to do this quite often. But, in two years I've never had to do it again. The forks flex a little but always go back to exactly where they started.

Someone complained of the squeezer being too small. I've used many squeezers before this one, and this one has the largest squeezing area of the good quality squeezers. If someone could identify one with a larger squeezing area, plus the excellent qualities of this one, I'd be most interested!

Someone else complained of burnt fingers. There are, of course, several ways to avoid burnt fingers when using tea bags without a string. One way is to use a small dessert fork to lift an empty corner of the tea bag out of the tea, against the side of the cup, just enough for your finger tips to hold. One squeeze for the top half of the bag, one squeeze for the bottom half of the bag, and you're done.

When I bought this amazingly cheap item, I thought that the claim of stainless steel was likely bogus, and that it would start showing signs of rust and other corrosion. No. After two years, of being used several times almost every day, it still looks brand new! Forgive the exclamation point. I'm just amazed at the quality of this little item.
on January 11, 2009
Looking for a stocking stuffer, this worked out great. Everyone loves it. I use it every day. No more burnt fingertips or dropping the paper wrapper into the cup trying to squeeze out the excess tea.
on May 13, 2015
I love these - I own several of them and I use them as little tongs for my "salad bar" - I spread out a buffet of different salad items and they are the perfect size to sqeezer radish slices, cuke slices, onions, etc. The stainless steel makes them very easy to clean and so far, they still look brand-new!
on December 17, 2010
While I usually drink loose leaf tea using a tea ball, when making an entire pot would be excessive, a quick cuppa with a tea bag makes a nice stop-gap. This squeezer is definitely firm enough to squeeze all the moisture you might reasonably want to squeeze from a tea bag without heat or mess. In fact, a brief experiment just conducted reveals that it is sufficiently unyielding to allow you to break the tea bag through excessive force should you so desire. Its functional and effective, and the designers have got it about right. Its small and easily rinsed and stored. Its inexpensive.

There are a lot of tea drinkers in my extended family and every last one of them has settled on this squeezer (thats 5 households), though in a couple of cases this preference was only established after a certain stubbornness (a family trait) was overcome -- an insistence on trying everything else first! But the bottomline is they've all come around to the same conclusion in the end. So, if you're looking for an effective tea bag squeezer, look no further. My whole clan recommends it!
on December 24, 2013
I love this thing, it's a lot less awkward that trying to use tongs to squeeze out your tea bags! I really do use this daily, usually multiple times a day & I love it. No more burned fingers :-) i first saw on of these when I went to Celestial Seasonings Tea on a tour, but it was $10! I checked out Amazon and found this one, I bought this in 2011 & it's nearly 2014 now and it still looks new. Perfect for any tea drinker!
on December 11, 2012
I really like having this tea bag squeezer. I drink a lot of tea: mostly bagged teas, but different brands and flavors and some do not have a tag attached. Even with the string and tag, oftentimes the tag falls into the hot tea. I usually would just grab with my fingertips quickly, or a spoon, but still have to use my fingers a little to squeeze the water out of the tagless tea bags. Now I can keep this handy tool near me and easily both grab the tea bags and squeeze them without burning my fingers! I'm so glad I bought it. A nice personal treat!