5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!
Published on February 13, 2011 by Lilly St. James

3.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well
The stain eraser is a bit awkward to use. My lower teeth are crowded so does not get in the tight spaces on the back of my teeth as much as I would prefer. Works okay on the front of my teeth where I have more control over the eraser.
Published on February 14, 2012 by S. Anthony

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, February 13, 2011
Lilly St. James (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Staino S1655 Tooth Stain Eraser, 2 tips/unit (Health and Beauty)
These are awesome! They will not replace a bleaching kit, but they are a very mild abrasive and are excellent for those brown stains at the gum line. As a coffee and soda drinker my dentist told me I would need 3-4 times a year cleanings which my insurance doesn't cover. I was driving one day and looked at my teeth in the mirror on my visor in the bright sun light and I about died with embarrassment over how gross my teeth looked at the gum line. I made the appointment, had the out of pocket cleaning and even after that cleaning still had the brown gum line staining. I didn't want to pay for the dentists whitening kit so I went online and found the $14 kith they have here on Amazon with the blue mineralization gel and then I found this thing. The bleach made my teeth white but left some blotching and still the brown at the gum-line. At that point I used this device and this thing removed all of the brown, scaly nasty stuff from my gum-line and the blotchy look I had after bleaching. I don't think this would be a sole solution since discolored teeth have multiple causes, but this device is very good at solving the problem it solves. I love it and would not go without one.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, January 9, 2012
LBeach (Land Of Pleasant Living MD) - See all my reviews
I have/had 3 badly tobacco stained teeth....front row bottom...I tried every product out there with no success. I can't afford the dentist right now and would not smile because I was embarrassed by the ugly black stains on my bottom teeth(the stains covered 3/4 of each tooth on my lower bottom row)....I tried this product, basically because it was inexpensive and every other product I used failed, so nothing to lose.

Much to my surprise and delight, this product actually removed every bit of the tobacco stain that I could get to on my teeth. I wish I had taken before/after pictures to document it. Major difference!

As some other reviewers noted, the rubber tips do begin to fall apart as they get wet, but as they disintegrate they still are removing the stains on the teeth. Not a big deal because they do the job and they are inexpensive.

Highly recommend this product for removing tobacco stains!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, October 5, 2011
The eraser is designed to crumble a bit so that you don't scratch the enamel of your teeth by pressing too hard. Just don't use it when the metal tip at the center is showing. This does work well on coffee/tobacco/red wine stains. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys those vices!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, January 3, 2013
This tool has saved my smile. I have been a smoker for 15 or more years and have not visited the dentist in at least 13 years due to financial reasons. My smile was suffering due to very dark brown tobacco stains. It had gotten to the point where I smile with my mouth closed to avoid the embarrassment. Bought this tool with little hope of it actually working effectively. It took about 15-20 minutes of erasing...but 90% of the stains are gone. The only problem was getting to the stains that are in between my teeth. The tool does not fit well in between the teeth and those stains will have to be removed by a dentist. I am very happy with the results. Very impressed, especially after all the whitening and stain toothpaste I have tried in the past. This was the best $6 I have ever spent. Staino-$6, your smile-priceless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, October 14, 2012
This is the best thing I've found for cleaning stains from the gum line and the spaces between my somewhat crooked teeth. It doesn't get stains from the tiny spaces in between teeth but it's small enough that just about anything left is too small to be noticeable. Keeping them white is usually a hassle. Just one eraser has helped my teeth stay whiter and cleaner looking for months.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS, December 10, 2012
Believe it or not this handy little tool works. It really does erase stains from your teeth. I drink a lot of coffee and regularly have some staining on my teeth. Just rub this on the stains and watch them go away. I really like this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars stain eraser works well!, March 22, 2009
This product works well, erasing stains from wine and cigars with a very light touch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 21, 2014
Katy J. (Atlanta, Ga) - See all my reviews
I ordered this based on pretty convincing reviews and trying to avoid the costly visit to the dentist for a cleaning for a little while longer. I have some pretty bad staining from drinking coffee, to where people were starting to point it out. I was getting self conscious about it and starting to smile with my mouth closed. I used this (it only took about 5 minutes) and the stains were gone! I didn't do all my teeth, just the two front ones where the really bad stains were, but the look of my teeth improved greatly! It's not a teeth cleaning, but if you have stains that you need gone and can't get to the dentist, buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like it says, October 19, 2012
Got this in the mail, opened it, read what I was suppose to do, and it works!!! I'm a coffee drinker, and we know it can cause stains....removed them with no problem!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it works., July 27, 2013
So I was skeptical of this thing that "erases" tooth stains, but as a coffee drinker, I was starting to get self-conscious of the staining that was beginning to set in. And for how inexpensive the product is, I thought, "Why not?"

Here's the deal. This product is a mild abrasive. I did some research and found out that in the long run under normal usage, you will be able to remineralize any minor abrasion caused by the use of the eraser either by natural means or by using a remineralizing mouthwash or toothpaste. Whew, that's a relief.

I started getting to work the last few nights. There's two sides, one side for between teeth, and another side better for working on the flat surfaces. I worked on my top two teeth the first night for a few minutes, really getting in the cracks and have been repeating the routine for a few days now, going to different teeth and getting more spots I missed on the teeth I did already. This thing really did erase the staining beginning to form between my teeth and along my gum-line. I suppose you could do everything in one session, but it might take up to 200 strokes (I think I read that somewhere) to get everything off (and could be why one negative reviewer thought it didn't work). Breaking the task down really helped me make the task easier.

So it works eventually, now here's some other stuff you need to know:

If you have any sort of sensory issues with anything rubbing on your teeth, you might not be able to use it, depending on your tolerance level. I personally have this problem, but the abrasive action was not bothersome enough for me to not use the eraser. The texture is not "rubbery" like I thought it would be, it was more "gritty," but it was a fine enough grit for me to not be bothered by it thankfully.

Also, as the negative reviewer stated, it does break down a bit and leave some debris on your teeth. This also really didn't bother me very much because when I'm done using the product, I can brush and if I need to, floss to get it out. I do imagine the contents of the eraser will wear out eventually, and be of no use, but I've been using mine for a few days and even though little bits rub off, They still look new, so I'm sure one would be able to clean their teeth before the whole thing wears down.

So even with the couple mild negatives, it's not enough to remove a star. I liked the immediate results of using this eraser and would recommend this to anyone who would like whiter teeth between dentist visits.

Staino S1655 Tooth Stain Eraser, 2 tips/unit