Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on November 16, 2011
"Stalking Natalie" is Skip Coryell's best work of fiction to date

Unlike some of Coryell's other books, which occasionally incorporate a sense of the supernatural into their plots, this one is coldly realistic and plausible. Perhaps that is what makes it such a great thriller from start to finish.

Those of you who have no interest in self-defense, this book should make you reconsider. It is also a great primer on the reasons and philosophies of self-defense.

I don't think you can read this book without looking at the world through a different set of eyes. It should naturally inspire a prudent sense of care and awareness of a person's daily surroundings. Therefore, it is quite likely that the timid and the mutton-minded will not like the book.
on July 17, 2010
I have read several of Skip Coryell's books and by far, this has brought out the best in his penmanship. The intrigue is bold and intoxicating. The further you get into the book, the deeper the drama unfolds. Many times I felt like I had a grasp on the situation, only to be thrown another twist that, in the end, drew the story together for a finish that made me stay up later than I normally do, to finish the novel. An outstanding read and a fine accomplishment. I would highly recommend it to anyone as a personal selection or as a gift.
on June 27, 2010
Skip Coryell boldly delves in the thriller genre with this psychological mind-bender. Always keeping the reader guessing, Skip has successfully made me think twice about riding an elevator alone. Skip has created in Natalie a character with which we can all identify and a plot chilling enough to keep us looking over our shoulders. Close the blinds, lock the doors and prepare for a sleepless night--you won't put this one down!
on February 26, 2012
This book was a great thriller. I really enjoyed the story and all the characters, especially Sam. However, I did feel the author was pushing the agenda of the NRA throughout the book. This makes me hesitant to read any more books by this author.
on February 21, 2012
I'm really not sure what motivated the author to write this book. It seems to be an attempt to promulgate the author's social/religious opinions through a thinly-veiled story line. I agree with kasbts "glswan" about feeling as if one is being lectured. I read the book in much the same way also, skipping ahead often. By the time I was 10% into the book, I KNEW a "lecture" was coming on and I'd just flip ahead until the story line again appeared.

I am almost 50 years old, and I'm well-versed in, and generally adhere to, Christian doctrine. I'm not an extremist nor a hypocrite. However, the "references" to Christianity in this book present basic, elementary Christianity as if the author is letting us in on some little-known secret. I found it a bit condescending. And as far as the pro/anti gun issue, I'm from rural Missouri. We all have guns. Lots of 'em. (I seriously don't know one household locally that doesn't have a gun in it. We have eight.) Enough said.

On a pickier note, the editing is atrocious. There is pronoun-antecedent disagreement, tense disagreement, awkward punctuation at times (a declarative statement ending with a question mark for instance); and on my Kindle, the book's title (STALKING NATALIE) appears in small caps randomly throughout the text. It wasn't difficult to resolve the editorial issues, just distracting. I would not recommend this book. I gave it two stars because I did finish it, although I probably actually read only 50% of it.
on February 12, 2012
Having read other reviews I expected a high-speed thriller. Instead I found a cross between a publicity piece for the National Rifle Association and a re-interpretation of the New Testament's tenet of non-violence. I had wanted neither and would have preferred less prayer and more logic (rather than lecturing) in general. Natalie, the protagonist, would qualify as a nitwit had she substance. Instead, she is a paper cutout as are most other characters. The one exception is Sam, a rounded and credible figure - perhaps author Skip Coryell's alter ego. The mental illness - plausible. The ending is more of less a surprise, it being a classic case of deus ex machina. In short, I was very unhappy with this book.
on February 19, 2012
The first half was awful! I felt like I was sitting in a lecture hall and the professor thought the entire class was stupid. I almost put it down at that point but decided to skip ahead. The last half wasn't bad. It definitely kept you guessing who the killer was. I still gave the book 1 star because, overall, I wished I hadn't wasted my time on this one.
on May 6, 2012
The City is under siege. There have been four rape murders and Natalie, along with every other women in town, is on edge. In fact Natalie has bought a gun and is taking shooting lessons.

After all she is a single mom with a 6 year old daughter, Amethyst, and she's not going to let a stranger take that away from her.

Natalie is attacked and manages to kill her assailant, who was a convicted pedophile recently paroled. But is he the serial killer ? What about the creepy guy in her office ?

There is a superb twist at the end of the book that you won't see coming, I know I didn't.
Characters are well developed and the story line proceeds quickly.

A delightful read
on February 10, 2012
Completely enjoyed this book. Skip captures the situation that any of us can unwittingly end up in. Will make you keep your windows and doors locked. Had a hard time putting this one down. Keep bringing them on, Skip...
on February 16, 2012
A great read!. Once I started reading I didn't put it down until it was finished. Skip hit another one out of the park with Stalking Natalie. I would recommend this book as well as all the other books written by Mr. Coryell. 5 stars!