5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Piece of Equipment
This is a great piece of equipment. If you are wondering if quality is compromised as a result of the 2-for-1 deal, you'll be very happy to know that it isn't. This is a smooth and quiet piece of equipment. I am very impressed with it. It is of very nice quality.

It took me about an hour to put together because I was being very attentive to the directions and...
Published on September 20, 2007 by Tams

1.0 out of 5 stars Coincidence or poorly manufactured equipment?
I ordered the Stamina Deluxe Conversion II, knowing that it would be an excellent addition to my home gym. After assembling it, I saw that the tension knob and the spring pin knob were cracked, making it impossible to use w/o taping it together (which I did, just to see how the unit worked). I liked the unit, but it was ridiculous to pay that much for something in order...
Published on January 16, 2008 by Ki

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 21, 2009
NLM (Los Alamos, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stamina 15-9003 Deluxe Conversion II Recumbent / Rower (Sports)
I bought this for the rower but I love being able to bike and do other strength training for the arms and legs. This is a very versatile, well made machine and is easy to use. I am very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to others.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, July 21, 2010
This product is nowhere near worth the money. When mine arrived, it had a couple bent parts that made it difficult to put together. Once I got it together, it worked as advertised for three months. Then a strap got caught in the fly wheel and the rower no longer worked. I spent several hours one weekend taking it apart and untangling the strap. The machine worked for about two more months before the same thing happened. This time, it couldn't be fixed, and the rower was unusable. I continued to use it as a bike for a couple more months. Then that too broke. It now needs to be thrown out.

This machine is badly designed and poorly made. It is also grossly overpriced. I gave it two stars instead of one only because in the few months in which it was working, it worked as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Met my needs, April 13, 2010
Item arrived on time, and while packaging was a little beat up I would say it seemed to do its job of protecting the contents. Setup and assembly were fairly easy, just follow the directions word for word, and all needed tools are included. I have been using for about a month now and find, as an old guy with a heart condition resuming an exercise program after several months off, that having the lowest levels of resistance to begin with has been a plus. I am not a real big bruiser with a need to beat machines to pieces so levels of resistance provided have been adequate. I have not used the highest levels...yet. Started with just biking, added rowing after a couple of weeks, and both work fine, are easy to switch between. No issues with missing or broken parts but I will agree with another reviewer that having some parts pre-attached makes an initial inventory a little difficult. Havng pulse rate available is a real plus. Some cons: would like to have ability to show final stats after a ride. Right now only chance to see final totals is catch them before it resets if I use a preset goal value like a preset time. Average heart rate would be a plus also, when ride is completed. And footrests for rowing place axis at mid-foot whereas more at ball of foot seems like it would be more comfortable. These are pretty minor. Pros: easy to use and switch between cycle and row and exercises, quiet operation, large display, feels solid, that will offer many years of use with minimal care. After a month of daily use all glides still work well, resistance seems pretty even for both bike and rower, without "catches" or slips. Mixed feelings about the fabric covered seat and backrest: reasonably comfortable but I wonder about cleaning, if they will start to smell like absorbed sweat over time. Right now the comfort is well worth it. I have had no need to contact the manufacturer so cannot report any dealings there. Some of the additional possible exercises listed seem a little contrived, but still having them is nice but are not really "gym-quality." Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase...and with the progress I am making getting back into shape. Overall product construction and quality are actually much better than I might have anticipated for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, February 10, 2010
This exercise gear is an excellent product and operates as advertised. Assembly with the detailed instructions provided was fairly simple. The instructions ask you to inventory the parts, in particular the bolts and nuts packaged together in a plastic bag. However, they warn you that some bolts may already be attached to their parts, so it made up-front inventory not very easy. I just went on ahead and did the assembly. When assembly was completed, I found that all parts had been included in the packaging. There was one broken part, and as suggested in the instruction booklet, I went to the Stamina Products website to order a replacement. Stamina acknowledged the request and the replacement part arrived within four days. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting a high-quality combination recumbent bicycle and rowing machine.Stamina 15-9003 Deluxe Conversion II Recumbent / Rower

5.0 out of 5 stars Workout Equipment, February 7, 2010
The Stamina 15-9003 is an excellent workout piece of equpment. It would be nice if the tension setting could get a little more difficult but for an older person using it it's fine. It certainly won't give you huge pecks or legs but it will give you a great cardio excercise. It set up very easy and was boxed great. I love the machine. The owners manual offers many other excercises and this was a major reason I purchased it. If you want more then an excercise bike and rower, this is your machine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, May 29, 2010
Well, it's not as good as I had hoped it would be but it is a useful piece of exercise equipment.

PROS: Rower and recumbent cycle in 1 is nice. Compact/sturdy design. No flaws in item when received as others have experienced. I'm 6'2" and max this out when rowing. If you are taller, I'd stay away.

CONS: Manual tension with limited (8) settings. Larger than size 12 shoes may have trouble when cycling to not hit heels on front stabilizer bar (see picture).

All-in-all this is a decent machine that rounds out my exercise room but wish I would have went with a comparably priced recumbent bike with auto-tensioning and preset programs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love This Machine!, January 28, 2011
My wife & I bought the Stamina 15-9003 combo bike/rower for each other for Christmas. We wanted something that would not only give us the cardio but also an upper body workout. I can't do ellipticals because of knee problems, so when I came across the combo bike/rower I thought it would be the ideal solution. It was all we had hoped for & more! Besides the obvious biking & rowing there are at least six other exercises that can be done on this machine that work the legs, upper body, core & back. We're both using it 3-4x / week & it is awesome!

This equipment is easy to operate, well built, easy to assemble & large enough to accommodate my 6'2" frame w/ no problem & with room to spare. The only reason I gave it 4 & not a 5 is we did have a little issue w/ the shipping. It is heavy & packed in one box w/ inadequate packing inside. There is too much room inside for the parts to shift around.

The first TWO machines came UPS & both were pretty damaged inside. Amazon was GREAT in replacing them immediately! They finally shipped the third one FedX & that worked a little better. There was still some slight damage inside but I called STAMINA's customer service & they immediately shipped me the replacement parts, no questions asked & no charge. I probably could have saved myself some hassle if I had done that in the first place!

Anyway, I give both companies an A+ for service, so maybe it's worth the extra star after all... let's call it a 5!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable Seat / Poor Tension, March 17, 2011
history buff (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I am very disappointed in the Rower purchased from this company. The seat is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat on and the tension doesn't get very high. Unfortunately for me, I discarded the box immediately after assembling the bike. The vendor refused to send another box and I was unable to obtain a replacement box to send the bike back to the vendor. Others should think hard about purchasing products from this vendor and particularly this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rower and cycle machine, March 9, 2011
I am very satisfied with the machine.
Before I ordered it I had a few concerns:
1)First of all I thought that it may be too fragile and flimsy. It is actually very sturdy. The plastic casing around the body of it is pretty cheap but that is it.
2) I was nervious about it being noisy. It is surprisingly quiet. Either rowing or biking it is quiet enough to watch t.v. without having the volume turned up much at all or disturbing others in the house.
3) The tension is good. I read a lot of comments that said the tension was to light. It may seem a little light if you only work out for about 3 minutes.
4) I was concerned that because I am tall 6'4" that I would not be able to fully extend my legs when rowing. I can fully extend my legs and I have never hit the seat on the back of the rail.

Overall great machine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fair service but bad quality., May 19, 2011
The 2 in 1 design is good. However, the machine quality especially plastic parts is really bad. The plastic left and right covers were broken at screw positions so that they could not fit together when I received it. After contacted Stamina, they sent me a new raw pair without any label on it. After 5 month rarely used, the tension knob was broken itself. I asked for replacement and they charged me because it is out of limited 3-month warranty.
The seat does not slide smoothly and you can feel uncomfortably bumpy.
Stamina responses fast but their product quality is bad.
I regret to buy it. Maybe H20 rower is better choice. I do not recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›