Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stamina 15-9003 Deluxe Conversion II Recumbent / Rower
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 13, 2010
Item arrived on time, and while packaging was a little beat up I would say it seemed to do its job of protecting the contents. Setup and assembly were fairly easy, just follow the directions word for word, and all needed tools are included. I have been using for about a month now and find, as an old guy with a heart condition resuming an exercise program after several months off, that having the lowest levels of resistance to begin with has been a plus. I am not a real big bruiser with a need to beat machines to pieces so levels of resistance provided have been adequate. I have not used the highest levels...yet. Started with just biking, added rowing after a couple of weeks, and both work fine, are easy to switch between. No issues with missing or broken parts but I will agree with another reviewer that having some parts pre-attached makes an initial inventory a little difficult. Havng pulse rate available is a real plus. Some cons: would like to have ability to show final stats after a ride. Right now only chance to see final totals is catch them before it resets if I use a preset goal value like a preset time. Average heart rate would be a plus also, when ride is completed. And footrests for rowing place axis at mid-foot whereas more at ball of foot seems like it would be more comfortable. These are pretty minor. Pros: easy to use and switch between cycle and row and exercises, quiet operation, large display, feels solid, that will offer many years of use with minimal care. After a month of daily use all glides still work well, resistance seems pretty even for both bike and rower, without "catches" or slips. Mixed feelings about the fabric covered seat and backrest: reasonably comfortable but I wonder about cleaning, if they will start to smell like absorbed sweat over time. Right now the comfort is well worth it. I have had no need to contact the manufacturer so cannot report any dealings there. Some of the additional possible exercises listed seem a little contrived, but still having them is nice but are not really "gym-quality." Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase...and with the progress I am making getting back into shape. Overall product construction and quality are actually much better than I might have anticipated for the price.
on March 9, 2011
I am very satisfied with the machine.
Before I ordered it I had a few concerns:
1)First of all I thought that it may be too fragile and flimsy. It is actually very sturdy. The plastic casing around the body of it is pretty cheap but that is it.
2) I was nervious about it being noisy. It is surprisingly quiet. Either rowing or biking it is quiet enough to watch t.v. without having the volume turned up much at all or disturbing others in the house.
3) The tension is good. I read a lot of comments that said the tension was to light. It may seem a little light if you only work out for about 3 minutes.
4) I was concerned that because I am tall 6'4" that I would not be able to fully extend my legs when rowing. I can fully extend my legs and I have never hit the seat on the back of the rail.

Overall great machine.
on February 9, 2015
We've had this machine for about three weeks now, and so we're utterly satisfied. It was easy to assemble, and runs very quietly. Obviously, it doesn't feel quite as sturdy as the workout equipment you'd find at nice fitness clubs, it also has less "buttons" etc. However, at about $800 it does exactly what we want it to do: Give us a nice workout in our limited space, without the hazzle of having to drive to a YMCA or fitness studio.
on March 17, 2011
I am very disappointed in the Rower purchased from this company. The seat is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat on and the tension doesn't get very high. Unfortunately for me, I discarded the box immediately after assembling the bike. The vendor refused to send another box and I was unable to obtain a replacement box to send the bike back to the vendor. Others should think hard about purchasing products from this vendor and particularly this product.
on January 15, 2012
I've had unspectacular experiences with home fitness equipment in the past -- you get what you pay for -- so I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Stamina Deluxe Conversion II Recumbent/Rower. It is a very well constructed machine, and the ergonomics and overall experience are excellent. Though it's not an inconsequential financial investment, I feel that it is a good value for the money, and it compares favorably to more expensive professional gym equipment.

Having two machines in one -- a recumbent bike and a rower -- is a big reason why this machine is such a good value. Both of these functions are executed very well. The motions are smooth for each exercise, and the range of resistance options is perfect, from very easy to challenging (8 levels in all). The digital display is basic but useful, showing you elapsed time, distance, calories, and heart rate. The display is large and easy to read.

The unit also allows you to perform basic resistance exercises for arms and legs, such as biceps curls and leg extensions. While these exercises may not be challenging for some even at maximum resistance, this may be a value-added option for many users, especially those just getting started in fitness.

Assembly should be relatively easy for those who have assembled fitness equipment or furniture in the past. I'd say it took about 90 minutes between unpacking, assembly, and clean up. None of the assembly steps were particularly complicated. All of the tools that you need are included, though you may find it easier to use your own tools. As with any assembly like this, be sure to keep all of your loose parts like nuts and bolts in one place. Note that some of the nuts and bolts are implied by the instruction manual to be contained in the loose parts kit, but they are actually already fastened onto certain parts of the machine.

The only problem that I had was that the first unit that was sent to me was damaged in shipping. It was a bit annoying to have to repack it and stay home from work again to receive a replacement unit. But on the bright side, I didn't have to deal with lugging it back to a store and driving home a new unit. The unit could have perhaps been packed with more protective styrofoam, but maybe it was an issue with the way that it was handled in shipping. There was also a loose nut or bolt floating around the box in both of the units that I received, so look out for that, as you'll likely need it.

The initial hiccup aside, my wife and I are very happy with the unit, and we strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a versatile, effective home fitness option. Feel free to reply with any questions, and I'll do my best to answer.
on November 28, 2015
From a mechanical point of view, this product is considered well designed and solidly built. The entire assembly is quite stable and well protected against corrosion. The design reflects much attention paid to ergonomics, resulting in a comfortable ride in both the rower and the bicycle exercise modes. Converting from the bicycle mode to the rower mode mainly requires moving one's feet from one set of pedals to a a set of foot rests; in both modes the operation of the machine is very quiet and has a solid feel.

From an electronics point of view, the performance is less impressive. Here are some of the perceived shortcomings:
- the LCD display lacking a back-light can be hard to read if the ambient lighting is modest
- the size of the characters on that display are quite disproportionate: very large for the digits/counts and - very small for the modes (TIME, RPM, SPEED, CAL, Pulse), making them quite hard to read.
- the calories (CAL) count displayed in the course of an exercise session is based only on the RPM of the magnetic wheel, not on the resistance settings (1-8). As a result, not only is the readout not an accurate measure of the energy expended during the workout, it becomes meaningless as a basis for comparison if the resistance setting is changed in the course of a session or even between sessions.
- programming the duration of an exercise session takes as many key entries as there are minutes (45 successive key presses for a 45 minute session)
- the heart bit rate measurement/display is only available while exercising in the bicycle mode as this measurement requires that both hands rest on a set of handles near the seat

The user's manual is somewhat more detailed that is often found with this type of consumer products. At the same time, the programming instruction section could be more detailed (I needed to contact the customer service for clarifications). It should also be noted that the customer service responded very promptly to correct a manufacturing defect on the unit I received.

Bottom line: in spite of the noted shortcomings, it is felt that this machine offers a fair value for the price.
on February 27, 2013
This is a good, solid piece of exercise equipment. The tension dial is just enough for me, but not enough for my 6'3" boyfriend. When he uses the rower, he lifts the flywheel off the floor easily on the highest setting, but I bought it for me. It gives me plenty of resistance. The electronic screen provides various readouts, but isn't programmable. It doesn't fold easily, but it does fold and has little wheels on the very front of the flywheel that are helpful for moving it. It came missing a nut and bolt, but so far that's been inconsequential.
on August 7, 2015
I bought mine in February 2015 and have used it 2 to 5 days a week pretty much every since. A 20 minute rowing workout followed by 20 minutes on the bike kicks your butt. Great work out. Easy assembly and high quality construction. I highly recommend this to anyone. Reading some of the questions the seat leaned back plenty to allow you to get a full rowing stretch and is adjustable in increments of only a couple of inches for using the bike. I can't say much for the electronics but honestly they don't really have any importance. If you want an inexpensive high quality piece of equipment that gives you a great workout this is the one.
on March 21, 2015
Though I have only had this for a few days now, I'm rightly impressed with this machine. I love that I can exercise at home, and that this machine is so versatile, offering 8 different exercises, and that it doesn't take up much space at all. Another great thing about this machine is that it is all but silent. I don't need earbuds to listen to music, nor does the volume of the television need to be increased when working out. I think this is a great purchase for many reasons, not the least of which is that you can get a full body workout using just this machine. Onto the practical stuff now...

The other reviews saying it takes about an hour to assemble the machine are accurate, but the work involved is pretty easy. The Owner's Manual is written well, the illustrations are clear and easy to follow, and all the tools needed to complete the assembly are included. Impressed? I certainly was, but, I do have one minor gripe about the machine.

The seat is comfortable, the backrest is comfortable, however, the seat is kind of slippery. This is noticeable in particular when rowing. Sliding forward on the seat makes rowing inefficient and even causes interruptions when you have to adjust your position on the seat. I think a great addition to the Stamina would be a seat-belt. I tried using an old belt this morning, and it helped a lot, but it did not solve the problem of the slippery seat. Once I figure out how to reduce, if not eliminate, the slipperiness of the seat, the use of the improvised seat-belt will make rowing a much more efficient exercise.

To sum up, this is a great machine offering a nice variety of exercises; it's portable, easy to assemble, it's really quiet, the mechanism is really smooth at any resistance setting, and it doesn't take up much space at all wherever you choose to put it. Enjoy.
on February 10, 2010
This exercise gear is an excellent product and operates as advertised. Assembly with the detailed instructions provided was fairly simple. The instructions ask you to inventory the parts, in particular the bolts and nuts packaged together in a plastic bag. However, they warn you that some bolts may already be attached to their parts, so it made up-front inventory not very easy. I just went on ahead and did the assembly. When assembly was completed, I found that all parts had been included in the packaging. There was one broken part, and as suggested in the instruction booklet, I went to the Stamina Products website to order a replacement. Stamina acknowledged the request and the replacement part arrived within four days. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting a high-quality combination recumbent bicycle and rowing machine.Stamina 15-9003 Deluxe Conversion II Recumbent / Rower