4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad if you have a can WD-40 around.
After 2 weeks using it for 4-5 times per week & 45 minutes each time, this unit works great. The squeaking noise was little annoying but it went away after I WD-40ed it. For those of you couldn't figure out how to oil this thing, the cable connectors were creating the squeaking sound. Find the two cable ends & just WD-40 them, the sound should go away.
Published on October 9, 2007 by X. kuang

2.0 out of 5 stars I loved it until...
It broke. Twice. The first one I sent back. Customer service was good, delivery of a new item was prompt, which is why this gets two stars instead of one from me. It broke a second time, however, and I give up. The first time the piston part got stuck and impeded the stepping motion. The second time the cord that goes around the rotary disc broke. Argh!
Published on January 27, 2006 by galleywest

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad if you have a can WD-40 around., October 9, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stepper Ever, August 8, 2007
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
I love working out; I have a gym membership and both a gazelle and the Stamina InStride Stepper at the house. I run, I hike, my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. I like this stepper better than the expensive ones at the gym. Its sturdy yet portable, and unlike most pieces of exercise equipment, this one really can easily be stowed anywhere. Its great for in front of the TV. I've owned my stepper for about 6 monthes now and the only issue I've had is that it needed a little WD-40 (it was squeaking). You can definitely feel it in your thighs after a good workout. I'd recommend it to anyone. For an added boost, buy a couple weighted balls to hold during your workouts.

2.0 out of 5 stars I loved it until..., January 27, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price and convenience, it's great!, January 17, 2007
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
I have owned this about two weeks and I happen to love it. I bought it to leave near my computer to remind me to get up and move a bit! It feels GREAT when you are done. I have not had any trouble at all with mine. It has even encouraged my 12 yr old to get movin' on it!

I think it is very sturdy and it is heavy, yet it is compact enough to move to a closet!

I'm very pleased with the purchase!

2.0 out of 5 stars bad luck with the stepper, January 2, 2008
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
I loved my stepper for about two months - it's small and compact, the workout was great - and then it broke. I then ordered a replacement part, which came in worse condition than the one I was replacing. My stepper was fantastic when it worked but I seem to be having bad luck with it.

One other small problem - it squeaked quite loudly.

4.0 out of 5 stars I got my money worth out of it, May 3, 2007
Angel (clinton township,mi) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
I love the machine and I use it twice a day for 30 minutes each time and Yes the bolt snapped after 6 months so I had to redrill the hole and put in another bolt,(had to redrill because the original bolt is welded to frame)and today my cable broke so I am going to buy me another one tomorrow,Same machine because it works 4 me and I feel good when im done.It does squeak at times that can get a little annoying,When I use the stepper,I get this motion going like im running and it works great 4 me.I only got in 15 minutes of use tonight before the cable broke on me.You cant go wrong for $35.00.1st thing to walmart in the morning.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap product, April 28, 2008
K. Ellis (San Leandro, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
for 30 days, no problem, then it brakes. 1st the cable broke and it took the company 20 days to replaced, then the screw stripped and it took 10 days to replace it. then the cable broke again and it was out of stock and back ordered for 30 days. It's not good to have a product you can not use because the parts keeps braking. The company Stamina is small and dont have the parts to back up their products. This product is made cheap that's why the parts keep braking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable breaks, product does not stand up, August 3, 2008
D. Young (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
I'm highly dissapointed by this product.

I like stepping a lot, and do it for a while when I play guitar hero. The moment I stepped on this product I was confused. The natural angle that your feet rest at is tilted towards the front of the stepper. I had to prop the entire device up to compensate. Other steppers I've had from two separate brands did not require such odd measures. It seems to me like they never tested their product for actual use.

Even worse...

I purchased two of these at the same time, knowing that I'll burn out the piston aspect of it like I always do other products. That should be the weak link, and I have simply come to expect it. However, another part has been breaking on me -- the cable that hooks into the pully.

I purchased two of these expecting one to serve as a repository for replacement parts. Sadly, I've burned through two cables and have to either get more, or replace the device with something that can stand up to a bit more use. The cables begin failing by fraying from one of the metal attachments that hook into the frame of the stepper -- they make a loud noise that is seemingly inexplicable, until you blow through the final strands that hold everything together.

This represents my third and fourth steppers owned since I started stepping two years ago. The single thing about these that is superior to others that i've used -- they are very quiet. I'll be purchasing another stepper today, but not this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Squeaky, August 26, 2007
mongoose (brooklyn, ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
After only a few uses, the shocks on the machine started squeaking. After a few more uses, the stepper pads started to squeak. Then the tension pully started to squeak. Then the hinges started to squeak. I'm not a heavy gal so it's not due to the weight of the user -- heaven help you if you're over 110lb because I can only imagine the noises this thing will make! The mechanism works fine and is a decent workout but the high-pitched squealing will drive you crazy after a while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disk broke half!!!!!, August 18, 2007
This review is from: Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper (Sports)
I have been using this for 3 month already and I was happy with it.This stepper is not quiet and can not change the level.The big problem is there is a disk in the middle of the item and just broke in half.So do not waste you money!!!!

Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper