The Stamina 4545 one-touch exercise monitor. See larger image for more features.
Features and Specifications
- Resistance: Magnetic resistance, fingertip tension control
- Large, easy-to-read monitor displays all tracking information on one screen
- Built-in InTouch monitor tracks time, speed, distance, calories, and scans with simple, one-button control
- Pulse sensors built into handrails to easily stay within target heart rate zone
- Plush, cushioned, stitched vinyl seat for comfort
- Wheels for easy portability
- Maximum user weight: 300 pounds
- Warranty: 3 years on frame, 90 days on parts
- Dimensions: 53 x 24 x 44 inches (LxWxH)
About Recumbent Exercise Bikes
Despite the competition from trendy new fitness inventions, exercise bikes continue to be popular options for home exercise. They offer the same aerobic benefits of riding a bicycle at any time, in any weather, without leaving the comfort and safety of home. Exercise bikes don't take up much space, require little or no balance or coordination, and can provide an effective workout for all levels of users, from beginners to serious competitors. While the same could be said for a number of other types of home fitness equipment, the exercise bike is one of the few that allows you to watch television or read a magazine while you work out.
The term recumbent literally means "lying down." Exercising in a recumbent or reclining position allows the user to have full ergonomic back support, without causing strain on the arms, neck and shoulders, all of which can be common effects of using an upright bicycle. For many people, having convenient access to quality exercise equipment is critical to sticking with a long-term exercise program.