5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy
Updated! 04/12/12 Nearing 2 years now it still feels like the first day I got it with regular use very solid.

Published on April 25, 2010 by GODJOEY

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed. Machine flimsy and low quality.
Published on October 4, 2011 by Yay its Peter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, April 25, 2010
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)

My biggest concern was if this can handle 6'3 265lbs of weight. It is sturdy. Only thing I didn't like was the pushup bars but they aren't bad but you can't go DEEP cause there is a bar that will touch your head before you get to that point. I mainly got this for pullups and leg raises anyway it's a nice addition to my home gym. Own mine now for a little over a year I didn't wanna do a review till I knew this was very solid and long lasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stamina 1700 power Tower, October 27, 2010
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
After researching prices and reviews on pull up stands, I chose the Stamina 1700. I don't usually write reviews on anything but the reviews I read helped me decide so I figured I owed that much. It was 189.00 plus free shipping. Came in about 5 days. Packaged well. It helps to dump the bag of nuts, bolts and washers out and sort them by size and verify the counts. The instructions were plain and simple. All the hardware was there with no shortages. Assemble the unit but don't tighten the bolts till the whole unit is assembled. Takes about 45 minutes. Once tightened up, the unit is very sturdy. I am 5'9" and 185 lbs and it handles me fine without any wobble or bending. No problem with head clearance with the push up handles. I would say that this is the stand to get. It is a nice addition to my Bowflex. I would recommend this unit to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
This is a very nice and well designed PT. After reading the first review I decided to spend a little more and get the Stamina 1700 over the Weider 200. I liked the design a little better on the stamina especially the support brackets under the dip station. I must have a shorter neck than the first reviewer because I can touch my nose to the carpet without hitting my head on the bar. All in all, I couldn't be happier with this purchase. The 1700 is very well built and sturdy. I weigh 180 lbs and it barely wobbles at all when I use it. It was delivered very quickly and there were no defects or missing parts. If you're looking for a quality PT that will last for years, this one is a great choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best PT and I looked for a long time, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
I was looking for a PT for quite some time. I was leaning towards the weider 200 or similar tower and after reading these reviews, went for this one. I have had it since Christmas and wanted to wait to write the review. The support brackets under the horizontal dip bars were a huge plus. This tower does not budge when I do pull-ups or dips. I'm just shy of 6'2" 200lbs. Easy to put together. I recommend snugging all bolts after using it a few times - PT is now rock solid. Seemed many of the PTs had a lower hieght than this one and I wanted one I could really hang from. I still have to bend my knees when in the down position for pull-ups - but its much better than most PTs. I use the push up bars more than I thought. One review felt the bar got in front of his forehead when doing the push-ups. I can see how that happens but a minor adjustment in position fixed that (maybe my neck is shorter). Overall great piece of equipment and I'm fully satisfied. Wish list: would like the back pad to be a little larger (longer) for the knee/ab rasies. Would love pull-up grips that come out perpendicular from the pull-up bar (for grips with hands facing each other). I could not find a good PT with all that and overall I am pleased. I still grab the frame with palms in and it works OK for that type of pull-up. Thanks for all previous reviewers as they really helped. I would buy this over the others. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars A teeny bit narrow, October 27, 2010
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
You might want to compare the width of a Roman Chair at your gym. We found this device a little narrow for the Roman Chair part. But then again, I have been using the arm slings at our gym for abs so maybe I'm not remembering right. Still, it's a good thing my husband and I can fit in it. I'm 5'4 and 140 lbs, pregnant so can't use this yet, and my husband is 6'2 and 190 lbs. It wobbles like heck when he does the tricep dips. I stand on the push-up station which is opposite, to off-set the weight when he does the dips which stabilizes it perfectly. Maybe some sandbags would do it too.

Since we can work around the shakiness of the dip-station, I'm still giving it 5 stars because it was really easy to assemble. I practically assembled it myself (except for the pull-up bar - I waited for my husband to show up rather than getting on a chair alone at the house). It also came with an extra flat washer and an extra arc washer. Nice to have extra parts. It also came in sooner than expected. I think it's great deal price-wise too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty solid piece of equipment for the price., June 10, 2011
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
I bought this for my pathetic excuse for a gym at work, and like it a lot. For the most part, it's well made. There is definitely some give in the metal once you start pushing the max weight capacity (which is 250lbs). I'm 225. I don't think it's enough to break it, but the metal does bend a bit in some areas, especially the dip station. The pushup handles, while very comfortable when doing pushups, are NOT designed to stand on. My coworker (245lbs) stood on them to reach the pull-up bar and bent them permanently.. they now tilt downwards a bit. When doing dips, if your arms shake a bit from muscle fatigue, the machine will start violently rocking sideways because of the bottom supports being so close together. The slight shake of your arms is enough to rock the whole boat.

Setup took... forever. I'm not sure of the exact count, but it seemed like there were around 200 nuts, bolts, and washers. It took me and another coworker about 2 hours to set it up together, and I had all of the nuts/bolts/washers set aside in groups and created numbered labels for each (I highly suggest doing this). The entirety of the setup instructions consist of small diagrams with arrows pointing to where you need to put each nut/bold/washer. Very basic, but they seemed to get the point across fairly well. It wasn't hard to set up at all, just very time consuming. On the upside, I feel very confident that the hardware will hold this thing together no problem.

It may seem like I have a lot of complaints about it, but overall, it's an awesome piece of equipment. Well-designed, fairly sturdy, strong metal with good welds, and a great price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed. Machine flimsy and low quality., October 4, 2011
Yay its Peter (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
Many people were fortunate that their purchased equipment did not have any defective parts. I'm an individual that weighs 145 lbs and extremely physically fit. As I began exercising, the dip bar broke. In fact, in my analysis of the machine, the dip bar part is glued at 4 points very inadequately. Worse part is, they used the rubber squares to conceal the poor workmanship. Quite deceptive if you ask me.

Basically, as I exercised, the dip bar broke off immediately. I was fortunate that I didn't injure myself. I have filed for a return. I'm just glad I purchased through amazon. I should inform everyone that the machine broke after 5 uses. Let this be a forewarning to those potential buyers and current owners. The cheap extension is a potential injury waiting to happen. Don't let the bolts deceive you the material is weak, and extremely unreliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid quality, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
This "power tower" is good quality and fairly sturdy. A little wobbly on carpet when doing dips, but that is to be expected with your center of gravity so far from the units mid-line. Takes a while to construct, but it isn't hard or any worse than most othere weight training items. Some bolts differ in size by onlyu a small margin so some pre-sorting will be in order to make your assembly easier. Don't bother using the two "wrenches" included in the box, you'll be better served using one to hold the bolt and your ratchet set to turn the nut. Make sure you have sufficient ceiling height as this tower is about 1-2 inches over 7 feet tall. We had to put in our spare bedroom upstairs since we only have a 7 foot ceiling in our basment gym.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice & strong, June 4, 2011
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
This worked great for me! Strong and worked good for my 189 pounds. Easy to put together nice an tall worked good for my p90x work out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stamina 1700 Power Tower, March 28, 2011
This review is from: Stamina Stamina 1700 Power Tower (Sports)
I have been working with kettlebells for about 8 months. I recently decided to add pull ups and chin ups to the regimen. I work out in our family room, and we didn't want anything that bolted to the ceiling or walls or might mar our doorways. So I looked for a good tower. Based on online reviews I selected the Stamina 1700 Power Tower. It was straight forward to assemble, is very solid and is perfect for my needs. I am totally satisfied with my choice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Stamina 1700 Power Tower
$250.00 $237.50
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.