- Dual-weighted flywheels for smooth workouts
- Self-powered so you set your own workout pace
- No electric outlet needed and no motor to maintain so it can be used anywhere
- No motor means a quiet workout
- Belt size: 40 inches wide
- Lightweight with wheels for portability
- Textured, non-slip walking/running surface
- Multi-function, battery operated monitor tracks distance, workout time, speed, and calories burned
- Foam padded front and side rails
- Sturdy steel frame
- Skid-resistant rubber floor protectors maximize stability
- Maximum user weight: 200 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year on frame, 90 days on parts
- Dimensions, unfolded: 48 x 26 x 49 inches (LxWxH)
- Dimensions, folded: 48 x 26 x 18 inches (LxWxH)
- Required workout area: 95 by 74 inches
- Weight: 56 pounds
Walking is still considered one of the most beneficial cardiovascular exercises for people of all ages, body types, and fitness levels. As a fundamental form of aerobic training, walking has numerous physical benefits for the heart, lungs, and circulatory system, while also increasing muscle tone and burning fat calories. Treadmills provide a convenient way to regularly exercise in all weather conditions in the comfort and safety of your own home.
From beginners just starting an exercise regimen to advanced athletes looking to maintain their fitness level, anyone interested in getting and staying in shape can benefit greatly from regular use of a treadmill. Treadmills allow you to determine the pace, distance, and complexity of the workout based on your needs, all while watching television, talking on the telephone, or reading a magazine. Much easier on sensitive joints like the knees and hips, treadmill walking and running surfaces are typically long, padded platforms that allow ample room for a long stride and comfortable, low-impact walk or jog without the harsh contact of a concrete surface.
While many different types, styles, and price ranges of treadmills exist, many of them offer unique features like a fold-up design for easy storage, an electronic display monitor showing speed, distance, workout time, incline level, and burned calories, and EKG grip pulses to monitor the heart rate while exercising. Regardless of the simple to complex features you may choose, treadmills offer an array of aerobic exercise opportunities that will provide long-lasting beneficial cardiovascular results without a commute to the gym or a jog in the rain.