5.0 out of 5 stars Considering price, this is a great little treadmill.
Published 17 months ago by Blind Dad

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed
I was attracted to this item because I was looking for something small that can fit in my 1 bedroom apartment and inexpensive. After putting the treadmill together and giving it a go, some problems surfaced almost immediately:

1. The incline is so steep that you're forced to hold on to the handle bars making anything faster than a walk very awkward.
2...
Published on November 17, 2011 by SMGMTX

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill (Pewter Grey, Black) (Sports)

2. Constantly needs adjustments!

The second one was a big issue. The belt constantly moved to either side of the treadmill, forcing me to re-align it every 3-5 minutes.
Too much of a hassle than it's worth so I returned it. Do not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Considering price, this is a great little treadmill., May 16, 2013
Blind Dad (Janesville WI) - See all my reviews
The reviews seemed to be confusing regarding the Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill but I bought it anyway since I figured I could work out the problems mentioned. It arrived the next day and was extremely well packaged in a very strong cardboard box. If that box had been deeper and longer, I'd keep it to use for my casket and save my family and the US Government a few bucks.

Anyway, since I'm blind, I didn't read the instructions and my 9 year old son wasn't patient enough to read them either. Surprisingly, We figured everything out and had it fully assembled and running within about ten minutes. I had no problems with anything at all. Using some graphite powder that I keep handy, I liberally lubed the plate that the belt rides on - I did not put any on the rollers to avoid slippage. After a few steps, the belt went from jerky to reasonably smooth, certainly smooth enough an operation to use properly. The belt will surely relax and stretch a bit with use so I believe it will only become smoother. My son says the electronic panel works, it took 2 AAA batteries.

I am 225 lbs. and this is a very sturdy unit for its size and length. I will never try to run on it but then, I hate running anyway so that's a non-issue. The incline does require me to use the handles but that's why they're there, right? That incline simply makes the workout more efficient and allows the belt to turn more evenly and with less resistance. It's easy to fold up and move too.

For the price of around $100, this is a very good product. If you're looking for a basic device and want to primarily walk on it, I think this is a great buy. If I have problems down the road, I'll update this review.

UPDATE May 28, 2013

After putting a few hours on this machine, I still stand by my original 5 Star rating with one caveat. Use silicone lube BEFORE you try it for the first time! I didn't have any and tried graphite - that worked pretty well - but after my order of "Treadmill Lube Kit - Lubrication - Lubricant - (BEST VALUE!)" arrived and applied, it was truly a great basic, manual treadmill. I don't think you can be too liberal with thesilicone but I only had to use four syringes of the lube (didn't bother with the cleaner since it was essentially new) and the rollers and plate were slicker than Armorall on a linoleum floor! I even bought one for my girlfriend and her mother to use. I wouldn't advise that as now I have to compete with them and prove my results on the console.

Also, after using it a few times, I have figured out how to stand up straight and walk instead of bent over while holding the rails. I have not, however, developed enough coordination to be able to let go of the handle bars and walk freely. That's OK too since my fingers, wrists and forearms get a decent workout with the death grip that I have on those padded bars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Inexpensive way to exercise, October 3, 2011
I purchaed this to be ale to walk during the winter months. It was easy to assemble (I'm sixty six and was surprised how easy). It takes some adjustment but it does what it is supposed to do really well. It is better than I expected. I'm glad I purchased it.

4.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED 11.06.2013 -- TIMELY ARRIVAL, EASY ASSEMBLY, GREAT WORKOUT!, July 22, 2013
The treadmill arrived properly package and undamaged, all parts were present and securely arranged and covered to prevent marring etc. I spent 25 minutes unpacking everything and approximately 15 minutes for the assembly with minor adjustments.

For the price this is a sturdy machine which happens to be replacing a Bollinger Manual Treadmill whose belt give up its life after about twenty years. Should I receive the service out of this treadmill as I did the Bollinger unit I will be more than pleased.

I elected a manual treadmill over the motorized versions because I want to perform all of the work and receive the best benefits that offers. Secondly, manual treadmills with fixed inclines simulate hiking up hill for more realistic effects. This model Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill offers two incline levels 8 and 10 degrees for more or less resistance.

I rarely give five stars on any product because there is always room for improvement, this product is no different. Although I do not trust the electronics just yet. On my Bollinger Manual Treadmill the electronics accurately time, speed, miles walked. But the electronics for the Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill time seems accurate, speed, distance and calories do not match readings of my Bollinger. On the Bollinger I walk one mile every 15 minutes, on the Stamina only 2 miles in sixty minutes.

My pace is the same on both treadmills at the same incline -- I will investigate the readings more and report back after additional experience with the Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill -- until then I am pleased with the machine.

Pros: Approximate 50 pounds, folds away, easily moves about with the built-in wheels, small compact, solidly built, easy assembly, easy adjustments, well lubricated, love the Pewter Grey, Black colors, reasonable price, quick delivery, and well packaged.

The tread belt remains center, well lubed, solid inclines, attractive.

Cons: Handles are a tad low as I am six feet tall but not uncomfortably so. I can stand erect or with a slight lean forward for increased workout. As mentioned above I question the accuracy of the electronics other than the timer.

At present I merely have an hour of workout time on the Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill. This will surely change soon as I put in a minimum of 2 hours three days a week with intentions of increasing days in August. These treadmills are a great way to increase stamina, balance, back issues and mental health. Thank you for reading my review, I pray it is helpful to you. God Bless and Good Health!

*** UPDATE ***

I am posting this update in the event others may have experienced similar results with included electronic monitor. Forty miles over 19 hours (not in one session -- LOL) under my belt on treadmill less data stolen from me when monitor died.

I was having problems with the electronic monitor failing on me and losing my earned data. Rechecking the cabling, reinstalling fresher batteries etc.... Everything would start as normal, after minutes everything lost again. This is highly frustrating however a little patience once in a peaceful state again I deduced the problem resided within the battery compartment. Placing a small folded piece of paper on inside of the battery cover filling slack, no data loss since I made this small enhancement.

NOTE: Customer Care needs improvement, I was never able to speak with a live person. Call their number three different times, a voice recording dictated same information each time. I opted to investigate on my own, solved issue myself. I am tempted to remove a star because I could not reach a live person...BUT...I am happy with the machine therefore keeping star rating the same.

*** UPDATE 10/2013 ***

I have now reduced the star rating as the monitor for this treadmill has failed -- it is DEAD -- I have contacted the manufacture as the product is still under warranty via email. I have received only one response and my other emails have been ignored. I will email them one more time and it the monitor is not replaced I will be contacting the Attorney General's Office and if necessary additional legal action may ensue. I understand products fail but companies need to stand behind what they sell.

*** UPDATE 11/2013 ***

I gave the manufacture one more chance to make things right via email without any threat of legal action. Though it was slow going manufacture stood behind their product and send me a new meter for the treadmill. Once they stated they would replace the dead meter I had replacement within a few days. I am very happy this did not turn into a lengthy battle. Because manufacture made good on their warranty I have return my rating back to four stars.

DIGITAL SIGNATURE

I like to close my reviews with a THANK YOU because I do appreciate you investing your precious time in reading my material. We live in a complex complicated world where time is at a premium. I do pray you found this review like my others informative and helpful in aiding your next purchasing decision. Your comments are always welcome and I make every attempt to reply to comments as time permits. Again THANK YOU for the opportunity to aid you in spending your hard earned money wisely.

I am not employed or receive any compensation by the manufacture or any organization promoting this product or additional hardware. I purchased or received as a gift my product like anyone else and just sharing my myriad thoughts and experience with you.

I hereby extend to you a plethora of blessing of good health and welling being. Bless you all.

2013 Copyrighted by Dr. Gary Drury

4.0 out of 5 stars manual treadmill, January 17, 2012
arrived ok, easy to assemble, it works, although i was
used to a powered model, it takes abit getting used to,
but it works good

5.0 out of 5 stars Manual treadmill, March 27, 2012
Great product. Easy to assemble. Works well for me. Good for use while watching TV. And it can be fold up to get it out of way. The meter displays mileage, time consuming, and caloric burned.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good!, October 19, 2011
shipping was FAST! Assembly was a breeze and I was able to do it by myself. This is the first treadmill I have had so I don't have anything to compare it to. I haven't had ANY problems so far and I feel it gives me a good work out. I would recommend it to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, July 23, 2012
I have been using this treadmill as part of my standing home office desk for several months now and it works great! The incline is fixed at around 5 - 10 degree elevation. The interface is very simple and minimal (Speed, Time, Distance and Calories). I have seen reviews from people complaining that the treadmill is not long enough, but I am 6'1" and I don't feel like it's too short; however, I have only walked and not run on this treadmill. If you are on a budget and you are setting up a home office walking desk this is a perfect treadmill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treadmill, September 27, 2011
Easy to put together. Little tricky getting the hang of but better product than expected for price. Folds up and has wheels to help move it out of the way when not being used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, August 31, 2012
I purchased this item on Monday and it arrived by mid-morning on Wednesday. Not bad at all for free shipping. Assembly was simple. For $100 the quality of the machine is very good. Be aware that it is different from walking on a mechanical treadmill but it gives you a great workout. I found the computer to be way off regarding calories burned (compared to my HRM) but that is to be expected seeing as how the machine doesn't measure your heart rate while exercising. Make sure to purchase silicone lubricant to treat the board under the belt, it makes your walking a lot smoother.
Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and I did recommend this to a friend.

Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill (Pewter Grey, Black)
$200.00 $105.35