5.0 out of 5 stars Best CPT coding manuel
I love the way this coding manuel is put together. Very easy to find what I am looking for. I have tried others, but always came back to purchasing this one. I would recommend everyone to try it, especially new coders, it is much easier to reference your codes with many illustrations
Published 18 months ago by GG in Denver Colorado

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Necessity
Published 21 months ago by S. Shusta-Hochberg PhD

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Necessity, November 27, 2012
This review is from: CPT 2013 Standard Edition (Current Procedural Terminology (Standard)) (Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Standard) (Paperback)
The latest procedure coding book for psychiatric services is the 2013 CPT Standard Edition published by the AMA. Most procedure codes are changing come January 1, 2013. I sprang for the heavy volume so I could consult it as needed rather than rely on the abbreviated "crosswalks" that have been shared among colleagues. This is a good resource, but it seems very overpriced to me. But, such as life. One doesn't buy these often in one's career, so have at it. If you bill insurance companies for your services, or if you keep detailed records, and we all should, you need the correct codes. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CPT coding manuel, February 13, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very helpful for psychiatrists, January 7, 2013
Not very relevant to psychiatry and did not provide specifics on now to code psychiatry codes. It did not give me any more information than I already knew from webinars and my own reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was upset that there were no identions and I had to buy my own tags..., December 10, 2012
I originally bought the standard editiion but did not like the tags that I could buy at the office supply stores. So I bought the Professional edition to find out there were no identions and the tags were weak. I had to buy the stronger tags at the office supply stores.
very upset

3.0 out of 5 stars Content is fine, book quality subpar, January 30, 2013
The content of this book is what I need for my course. It has been easy to understand so far and has an intuitive set up. The spiral binding is very frustrating as it catches on things in my bag. The paper is extremely thin and you have to be very careful not to tear it when turning. Lastly, the 2013 edition does not come with the indentations in the sides that separate the sections and make for easy navigation and page turning. The 2012 edition had the indentations. This 2013 comes with a page of stick-on tabs that you can put in yourself, but they are all but worthless. Very thin little tabs that get bent easily and do not serve much purpose other than getting in the way.
As always, Amazon Prime shipping had this on my doorstep extremely fast after my order was placed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the cost., November 17, 2012
Healthcare professionals need to update their CPT codebook for the forthcoming year. This one was printed on low quality, thin paper that easily tears. The quality of the paper is comparable to Russian toilet paper. The American Medical Association is making a big profit on this over-priced economy edition of the latest coding book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Delivery and brand new!, April 3, 2013
Just got my book in today and ordered it only days ago... at night! I was surprised to see this one delivered 5 days earlier than stated on my confirmation. Very happy about the speedy delivery. Book is brand new. It was wrapped in sealed plastic and came in a box. I'm taking a billing and coding course so its one of the many books required and the price was the lowest I found for a new book compared to any other sites or stores. Can't wait to study some codes!

2.0 out of 5 stars CPT rip-off, June 24, 2013
The manual costs a lot money and does not provide much assistance in coding mental health disorders. Borrow one from a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource Book, May 29, 2013
I bought this book as a resource book for our Consumer Medical Advocate business. It does have a few pictures which describe parts of the body, which is very helpful. The book was like new and arrived promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars CPT 2013, April 3, 2013
Needed a replacement/current CPT book - this one is better than my previous one - it is more than what I expected - love it!

$84.95 $66.07