5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to view your iPad hands-free
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:10 Mins
Published on February 22, 2012 by Timothy B. Riley

3.0 out of 5 stars Cautionary warning
First the reviewers have done an excellent job on this item so i have no intention of repeating all of the lengthy reviews. I bought it last week and found it easy to assemble. I found that it was too short to use in my easy chair so I ordered the extension from the Standzfree web site. It came quickly and works just fine.

The first day of use all was well...
Published on April 25, 2012 by okiedan

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to view your iPad hands-free, February 22, 2012
This review is from: Standzout Standzfree 48-Inch iPad 1, 2, 3 and 4 Floor Stand, Black (Personal Computers)
Length:: 3:10 Mins

Like a lot of iPad owners I use mine almost all of the time. I have it sitting right next to me when I am at home and I seldom leave home without it. This stand is nice because it allows you to view your iPad hands-free. I can see where this would come in handy for a lot of people, especially those who use their iPad to watch movies. I decided to make a video review showing the Standzfree in action. I hope that it is helpful to you.

Update: The manufacturer has let me know that there IS an extension tube available for the stand that will make it 12" longer. It attaches to the base and the supplied arm attaches to it. I cannot find it on Amazon but it is on their website for around 20 dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipad Floor Stand, March 22, 2012
I love the floor stand, but it comes in a box and has to be put together. One of the parts, that is crucial to the stand working so your Ipad doesn't fall off, broke within three minutes from being taken out of the box. Should have a replacement included or change the design to make it sturdier.

EDIT: Can I say, since I left this comment, I have been contacted by Standzfree directly. They have since changed the part to a sturdier version and have replaced the part for me free of charge and I did not have to pay postage. They have kept in contact with me to let me know when the part has been mailed, as well as to confirm I have received it. *** Customer service is amazing. *** I love my Standsfree as it is very versatile and easy to move about the house, yet holds my Ipad firmly in place. I can read in bed without having to prop my Ipad up, or have my neck in an unnatural position. Thanks so much Standzfree =)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cautionary warning, April 25, 2012

The first day of use all was well. Then last night while trying to adjust it the back housing..... ie.... the iPad mount that the ball sits in.... broke. it simply sheared off. I did not realize that the back housing was two pieces.

Now to be fair to both this product and amazon. I contacted amazon and they have agreed to take it back even though I ,like and idiot, threw out the packing.
Since no one else has stated this type of problem I am willing to admit user error. Was I too rough with it? I honestly do not know. I do know that it is on the way back to amazon.

The product does seem to be made VERY well. The weak linch pin ,in my opinion, is the rear housing on the actual iPad mount. It the back mount ,ball joint receiver, were one piece i do not think their would be any issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, Could Use Some Tweaks, February 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nicely made product. The quality seems pretty good. It's a great idea because I do use my ipad in many different places, and having a better hands-free way to use it other than standing it on a tv tray would be great. However, there are a few design flaws that prevent this device from being great. The biggest one is that the stand is just too short for using it while standing up (like a music stand as indicated in the pictures) or for using it to tilt over a high and wide chair or bed. It just won't reach. A few more inches would make a big difference. I saw that there is an extension available for sale on the manufacturer's website. I think I might buy that because it would make this device much more useful. The other problem is that this device works well only for viewing, if you're USING your ipad like playing a game or surfing the web, the stand wiggles back and forth with your touch too much. It works, but not well. Some method to lock the stand once it's into place would make it more useful.

Pros
Quality construction
Easily tilt to any position or angle

Cons
Too short
Won't reach as far over as you'd like
Jiggles too much if you're touching your device on the stand

3.0 out of 5 stars too short, February 20, 2012
This stand was just too short to use when I was sitting in my recliner. I put it next to the chair, and bent the goose neck over the arm of the chair so I could read. It would not reach far enough to be in the center of my viewing area, so I had to turn my head to the side to see the ipad. After a while, my neck was hurting. Too bad, because the stand is very nice otherwise, it has a flexible goose-neck arm, and the base is very sturdy. The assembly instructions leave a little to be desired because they are just photos in black and white and it is a little hard to see exactly what to do, but if you take your time you will figure it out. Once you understand the instructions, it only takes a few minutes to assemble. Note: stick the ipad 2 foam circles about 1 inch from the edge of the clips or you will not be able to fit the ipad into the clips. The stand is only 36 inches high. In the ad they show a woman lying in bed and reading, using the stand. There is no way this is possible unless your bed is really low to the ground. If the goose neck could have been about 12 inches longer it would have worked great. Before you buy one, be sure you are OK with the height. I immediately returned it and ordered the "Deluxe Kindle Stand & Ipad Stand for Tablet Pcs and Ebooks", it costs around 50 buck more, but looks like it would work better for reading in a recliner or a bed, and it got a lot of great reviews. Maybe the manufacturer will read this and think about making the goose-neck longer, i hope.

OK so I just received the "Deluxe Kindle Stand & Ipad Stand for Tablet Pcs and Ebooks, by LEVO" which i purchased to replace the "Standszfree" that i returned and, I am so happy! The LEVO stand is much better, it is plenty long enough to read anywhere, bed, recliner or sofa. it is very sturdy, and can hold the ipad in all viewing angles. also, you dont even have to take the ipad out of the case to put it in the holder, this is a real plus. I recommend you splurge and the the "Deluxe Kindle Stand & Ipad Stand for Tablet Pcs and Ebooks" instead of this one, it is so much better. Check it out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy to break, March 19, 2013
The tab on the end of the stand broke off after only a few months. The iPad cannot be used on the stand at all without that tab. It is now useless. Nobody ever returned my calls or emails for a replacement. BEWARE! Great product until it breaks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but ..., January 20, 2013
It does not hold an iPad with any case/cover. It is necessary to remove the case/cover to install the iPad on the stand. Maybe if the manufacturer use adjustable coupling to the iPad instead of a fixed one would be perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service!, May 21, 2012
Though I had difficulty at first with the stand, Brandon Barnard himself went above and beyond to make sure that my experience with the Standzfree was perfect. I can definitely say that it is! This is THE only stand you need for your iPad. It holds it in the perfect position for watching videos in bed, sending emails in a chair, even giving a presentation while standing. Thank you Standzout for making the Standzfree!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for iPad 3. But it's Short, April 4, 2012
Rebecca N (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great stand and I didn't find the assembly all that difficult. It's sturdy and holds the iPad in place really well.
I have the new iPad / iPad 3 and it's not surprise, but it works just as well for that as for the iPad 1 or 2. Not that there's any reason to have thought it wouldn't.

My problem with it is that I wanted it mostly to watch movies in bed, but it's rather short for that, and my bed isn't particularly high. It's much better for use with a chair or for a child in a child bed.
Overall, very good product - just be aware of the height issues. It tops out at 36". I advise you get a yardstick or something and test out that height before purchase. Anyone visualizing using this in the kitchen for recipes or to watch from a high bed is going to be disappointed.

I think you can buy an extension. However, I haven't tried that. Just reviewing the product as is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect combo of form and function., June 19, 2012
Just got this interesting product and I would pronounce it a near perfect combo of form and function.

Having said that, I would suggest this tweak: the base should be about twice as heavy. The stand invites horizontal extension and the base needs to be heavier to accomodate this. I placed a decorative brick (painted and with felt on the bottom) on the center of the base and it improved stability and corrected a minor wobble/vibration from typing/swiping the Ipad3.

Still very happy with the product, however. Haven't seen anything that is as elegant and compact. I think my complaints are minor, but I'm witholding one star because of them. I think most people will find this to be an outstanding product.

Rate and Discover Movies