Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Learn more

Stanley 014725 25-Removable Compartment Professional Organizer
Style Name: 25 CompartmentsChange
Price:$12.59+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 14, 2011
I'm a big LEGO nerd and have 8 or 9 of these (including the smaller, more shallow version) to sort and store LEGO. The smaller ones stack perfectly with these larger ones, they just aren't as thick.

As has been pointed out, these are really high quality, stack well, and while you can't adjust them the way you can the other kinds of parts holders with the dividers, they hold the pieces better without them eventually working their way into the other compartments, the removable bins make working on projects a lot easier - grab the bin you want, dump it out if you have to, or root around in it looking for the specific piece you need (in my case it might be a specific color).

Having tried ones with the dividers, I can say that, for me, these are much better.

EDIT 8/21/2014: I'm back for more. I'm completely resorting my LEGO collection and buying more of these (and the smaller 25 bin ones) - after all these years, I still think these are the best way of sorting and storing LEGO.
review image review image
on December 9, 2013
IF YOU WANT FUNCTION THIS REVIEW IS FOR YOU.
IF YOU WANT A PINK OR PURPLE LOOM BOX, THAN THIS REVIEW IS NOT FOR YOU.
NO, I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANY.
I AM JUST A MOM THAT HAS ALREADY BOUGHT A BOX THAT DID NOT WORK OUT.
I had to return it. I think that other parents might want to know about a box, that I know does work.

IT DOES NOT COME UP WHEN YOU SEACH FOR LOOM BOX, EVEN THOUGH IT IS A GREAT OPTION.

OTHER CRAFTERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN USING IT FOR CRAFTS. Luckily, after searching for a couple of days, I found the Stanley 014725, 25-Removable Compartment Professional Organizer . It has a feature that all the other boxes don't have (except for one small one I found), the REMOVABLE BINS 25 of them. In three different sizes. Arrange them any way you want. The stuff stays where it belongs. Even when it was standing on it's side and shaken.

If your running low on one color, and you want the bigger bin for a new color, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIT THERE AND "DIG" the bands out like other boxes you just pick up the bin and empty it. It's Simple. As of this review, IT HAS 241 REVIEWS AND 4 & A HALF STARS. My six year old loves it. She carries it all over. I wouldn't want other customers to have to go through what I did. Especially close to Christmas. I read a lot of reviews for a lot of different boxes that said the items did not stay in their place. I know they do in the Stanley. Most of the reason you buy a box, is to keep things sorted, organized, and in their place.

Removal of the sticker on Stanley box. Grab the corner peel it very slow. ( Have patience don't tear it.) Any glue spots left on the plastic lid after your done. Take the sticker itself and, keep pushing a piece of the sticker like a corner (DABBING I) VERY, VERY QUICKLY on top of the glue spots. They will eventually adhere to the sticker. (If you peel it off slowly, and take your time the whole thing will come off like mine did.) On any thing left put a soapy paper towel on it. Let it sit, then use you finger nail to get it off. Try to use the sticker first it is easier, and less messy. That is what I do.

To put in the loom, pick a spot. Remove any combination of bins, rearrange them etc. I took out three medium and one small bin Place the loom in the empty spot you just made by removing the bins you removed. As shown in one of my pictures I included on this listing. If you look you'll see my pictures of the box, of the bins what they look like, and some close ups.

IT'S NOT PINK OR PURPLE, BUT FOR FUNCTION, EASE OF USE, AND NOT WORRYING ABOUT HAVING TO RE-SORT THINGS THAT HAVE FALLEN WERE THEY DO NOT BELONG, I LIKE IT.

AFTER ALL, THOSE LOOM BOXES ARE JUST ORGANIZER BOXES WITH LOOM LABELS PUT ON THE FRONT OF THEM. THEIR STILL JUST ORGANIZER BOXES,JUST LIKE THIS ONE.
review image review image review image review image review image
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 22, 2001
The bins are separate from the container and very arangable. I often take a bin out of it to the work location without carrying the whole container - I find that very convenient.
The bins are held very securely by protrusions in the lid when the container is closed. I can carry it and store it vertically without anything getting out of place and without fear of the lid popping open (it locks very nicely and securely). Only the bin's contents move within the bins, the bins stay put. The lid is very clear, so I can easily see what's in it. It seems quite tough, not fragile.
Ever since I bought one at Sears I have been looking for more to buy, until now without success. I cannot tolerate any other organizer anymore. I am delighted to see it at Amazon now, so I will buy one or two more! (I am also considering the deep version.)
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 19, 2011
I'm a contractor. I recently bought two of these and was pleasantly surprised to find they're even better than they appear to be. I've tried other organizers like this. Most of them have removable separators which are worthless because the nails and screws wind up migrating from one compartment to another. This organizer has removable cups so there's no migrating and you don't have to carry the whole thing around if you only need one kind of nail or screw.

The compartments are deeper than they appear to be in the picture and they're made of a thick non-brittle plastic which should hold up very well.

The lid is flush with the tops of the compartments and it locks in place so nails and screws don't slip from one compartment to another when you carry it around.

I have Adrian steel shelves in my cargo van. These are sized such they they fit perfectly on the shelf almost like they were built expressly for them. I have two of them, one on top of the other, on a shelf. They stack beautifully and the top one locks in place. It hasn't ever come loose even on bumpy roads.

I found them for $17.99 at Home Depot. What's funny is that their website doesn't show them as being available.

Don't hesitate to buy this. It's a fantastic product.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I've used this organizer for years. It's become one my most appreciated storage tools in my garage and work shop. Keeping parts, screws, and misc gear organized in these boxes saves me countless hours and really helps me get things done. Funny to say but I also "feel good" just knowing that I can easily find things when I need them. For critically matched items I put matching sets in their own case and keep them together.

I've had these for years and while some feel the plastic is light weight or could break, that hasn't been an issue for me. Some of my units are filled with heavy bolts and items that cause the total weight to be over 15 lbs and I've still not had any problems. The plastic used is high quality and has lasted well.

What I really like about these storage units is the ability to lift one of the yellow tubs out of the box and pour things out of that individual tub. I also remove tubs from some of my units when I need to put a larger item in, like a screwdriver or hammer in my nail or screw container. The flexibility has really been great. The lid has alignment impressions built in that keeps the bins in place as you carry it around, it works well even when I remove bins when placing larger or longer items inside.

The smaller bins are 3-1/8" x 4-3/8" x 3-1/2" tall
The larger bins are double that at 4-3/8" x 6-1/4" x 3-1/2" tall

There is also a matching unit that stacks right on these, it is about half the depth and has 25 smaller bins. It's great for small items such as nuts, bolts, electrical items etc. I organize my work are by functionality using these and it really helps me get things when I need them. Stanley Consumer Storage 014725 25-Removable Compartment Professional Organizer

There's a new player in this area, StackOn has come out with a copy of this unit. It's a few dollars less and has a couple of improvements, I've ordered the StackOn version too, see the review there for a comparison. Stack-On DCOG-10 Deluxe Deep Cup Parts Storage Organizer with 10 Removable Cups. If you can find these locally at one of the big box home improvement stores, you might save some money. I've usually been able to find these larger ones locally but the ones with smaller bins I've had to order online to get them.

5 stars. This is a great line of products and very useful for those who enjoy keeping their items organized yet viewable and useful.
review image review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 12, 2013
First, I would agree with other reviewers, the label could be a real pain to remove. Here is how I did it on the 10 organizers I bought in two orders (just to tell you how much I like them):
1. Slowly peel off the label. A lot of glue residue will remain on the case. Just make sure the plastic label itself is gone. Again, be slow and that shouldn't be a problem.
2. Get some "Goo Gone" or similar product. Pour a bit on the case, let it sit for a couple of minutes. The Goo Gone will dissolve the glue.
3. Wipe the surface with a rag. You should have no problem removing the glue.

Aside from the label, this is a great organizer:
- Solid construction.
- Flexible arrangement of the internal boxes.
- Available in two heights.
- Can stand vertically without your items falling off their respective beans.

A great product!
review image
Stanley Consumer Storage 014725M 25 Compartment Professional Organizer

The Stanley Professional Organizer is a great product. This 25 compartment model has a variety of different sized compartments, including several sizes smaller than the one included with the 8 compartment model Stanley Consumer Storage 014708R 8 Compartment Deep Professional Organizer. They are both great.

This one is a little better for storage of smaller quantities of small parts. If you need to store larger pieces or need bins for large nubmbers of similar items (such as nails) you really should get the 8 compartment model instead. That goes as well for people using this for tech part storage.

I have plumber friends that also use this to store fittings. Just about every pro or hobbiest could find a use for this. In fact, there's probably a million uses, and depending on your needs the other styles may suit you. All of these are really good so you can't miss.

Love the durable feel, much better than most flimsy organizers I have tried. The compartments are all seperate, much better than the Workforce organizer which only has flimsy tabs seperating the areas.

I hope Stanley expands to this line of organizers because they are all really good.

Definitely try this.

Enjoy!
on March 8, 2010
This is a great quality bin:
-somewhat shatter-resistant plastic
-real hinges and latches (stronger/more durable the 'live hinge')
-the removable bins (the main feature)

Comments / negatives:

I have been using "little bins" (google for that, global industrial, akro-mills, and others make them) inside drawers. I wanted something smaller, and with its own carrying case.

These do fit that criteria, HOWEVER, it is frustrating the product isn't available with more configurations of bins. The 25-compartment version comes with only 12 of the smallest bin (covering ~1/4 of the tray's area).

At least for me, I have the biggest need for the smallest bins (1.5" x 2"). After all, I have other solutions that work OK for slightly larger items, its the tiny stuff that is impossible to dig out of a standard organizer tray.

Also, the lid IS rigid, but the inside is mostly flat. Some containers do a better job with very small parts. Lips on the interior of the lid would help a lot, but I can see that isn't an option here since the bins are reconfigurable inside. This is only effective down to about a #10 flat washer.

Minor problems:
-the label doesn't peel off cleanly, lots of adhesive left. I assume i can get it off with alcohol, haven't tried yet.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 16, 2001
I really appreciate this design. It locks the seperate bins in place when the top is closed. It has a clear and durable lid. The snaps on the front are very solid but may be a bit aggressive for those with less strong fingers. However releasing the snaps is done with minimum edges hurting your fingers (so you don't cringe too much when having to open it). The snap closures will definitely hold the lid shut. The handle is very strong and not sharp as are many, many plastic handles. The units interlock when stacked. You can label the handle with a decent degree of certainty that the label won't come off due to texturing. The only complaint I have, and it is a persistent one with almost all storage MFRs., is that the bins should have a radiused front walls for easy removal of smaller items.
I am a mech./plastics design engineer and for what it's worth, this is a very nice product (no i don't work for Stanley). Get 3 or 4 for that special someone. I'm stocking up as you read this :-)
on June 20, 2013
I bought this to organize all the nails and other misc things we had in our garage. I like how I can see everything when it's closed and how it has different sized compartments. I also bought this specifically because I liked how the separate sections could be taken out so if you wanted only one part for a project you could take it out and not have to carry the entire organizer with you.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...