5.0 out of 5 stars awesome pocket screwdriver
I use these types of screwdrivers every day in my job. This one really works well. Well designed and fits easily in the hand. Dual bits are helpful.
And where I work, the floors are black, so when you drop this screwdriver, because of its markings of yellow, it stands out and is easy to see.
The caps over the driver bits are nice too, so the sharp points don't...
Published on June 25, 2008 by Joecool

3.0 out of 5 stars handy tool, but for light duty tasks only...
Published on October 19, 2011 by trebe

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome pocket screwdriver, June 25, 2008
The caps over the driver bits are nice too, so the sharp points don't stab your chest when you put it in your pocket.
This is the best pocket screwdriver around.

3.0 out of 5 stars handy tool, but for light duty tasks only..., October 19, 2011
This review is from: Stanley 66-344 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver (Tools & Home Improvement)
I was looking for a small multi-head screwdriver that wouldn't cause the TSA to freak at the airport. Prior to buying I did some research, but ended up buying this sight unseen. Initially I was a little disappointed at how small the tool was, as it really is about the size of a pen, and didn't look like it was sturdy enough to do the kind of tasks I was expecting to use it for, namely opening electrical junction boxes, gutters, and panels.

This tiny tool is fine for minor tasks with smaller screws, that don't require much torque to turn them, but it's too small and lightweight to do what I untended. Even so, it's fairly well-built and handy to have for light duty tasks.

The handle is made mostly out of plastic, and is 5.2" long with both covers on, not the 7.3" listed in the product description. The dimensions listed there are for the screwdriver with the label attached, which is just useless information. The tool comes with two double-ended straight blade/ Phillips head combo bits. One bit is small, and the other is even smaller. The bits fit into each end of the handle, and there are caps that fit on each end for protection, one has a pocket clip.

The widest straight blade measures only about an eighth of an inch across. Combine that with the pen sized diameter of the handle, and you can see why generating significant torque could be a problem. The bits are hardened and are magnetized, but are of a non-standard size, so you won't be able to use most commonly available bits with this tool.

While this wasn't the screwdriver I was looking for, it is quite handy, and can do some tasks very well. I'm giving it only three stars however, because even at $5 it is not a great value buy for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for a PC technician, January 1, 2011
If you want to say thanks to the IT guy who helped you out, buy this! There isn't enough magnetism on the screw driver to cause damage to most modern computer technology unless you were deliberately trying to do damage.

I'm on my 2nd one and have noticed slightly lower quality build but it's still the best screw driver for opening up Laptops and upgrading 2.5" hard drives.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, March 31, 2008
Tool is useful although it would be nice if handle was a little more slip resistant to get a little more torque on it. otherwise it is handy and useful

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and Functional, April 20, 2013
JNieporte (Ohio, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Other companies sell similar tools for about the same price. The Stanley one, however, has better bits. It's worth a lot more than $2.51...

The body of the screwdriver is hardened plastic with a light rubbery coating for comfort. It's about the size of a pen, and is round. The two end caps both come off to reveal a double-sided bit in each end. One of the caps has a pocket clip and hole for a lanyard; the other one is solid. The caps can go on either side of the driver, and they snap on without wanting to come off. When using the driver, it's comfortable enough. The driver is rounded, so there's no real way of getting traction. It's also not for high-torque applications, as the body is just plastic and using too much force can cause it to strip out.

The bits are simple enough: one double-sided bit with a #0 Phillips end and a 1/8" (3mm) flathead end, and one double-sided bit with a #1 Phillips end and a 5/32" (4mm) end. The bits are carbon steel, meaning they're susceptible to rust if left wet or sweaty. They're also not hardened, so they'll eventually require replacement. For eyeglasses, electronics, the battery compartment in toys, and anything else requiring a low-torque screwdriver, they're ideal. They're also magnetized, but they don't typically stay that way for long.

This is a good product. For a grand total of two-and-a-half dollars, you get a small, useful tool without the bulk of a "real" screwdriver.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the tool-wise, July 11, 2013
My wife says I spend all my time screwing around with machines. Not so. Half the time was spent finding a screwdriver. With this item, 2 flat and 2 Phillips bits clipped like a pencil in my shirt pocket, I'm ready at the drop of a hat to take stuff apart to see why it works. GET ONE OF THESE AND SPEND ALL OF YOUR TME SCREWING AROUND.

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy, February 7, 2009
This is a handy little screwdriver as the tips are magnetic and so far have fit most screws for which I have used it. The only downfall is the soft plastic that was used in its manufacture. As the handle size offers some grip for turning, the soft plastic reduces the effectivenss of that same feature. Despite this I will buy a replacment when and if I lose it as I tend to use this tool everyday at work and home.

2.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this, but have yet had it live up to expectations, February 20, 2014
This pocket screwdriver really seemed like the perfect pocket tool driver. The driver has two bits inside a double ended body. The first bit has a #0 Philips head and equivalent flat head on the opposite end. The second bit has a #1 Philips head and equivalent flat head on the opposite end. Each bit is covered by a cap to keep the driver from snagging while inside your pocket. The main body is made of a soft plastic with rubber ridges. The bits appear to be of good quality and did not deform during use. This may be due to the soft slippery body which limits the amount of torque that can be applied with this driver. This is definitely the deal killer of this driver. I repeatedly found screws I was unable to remove because the plastic body was not strong enough. When I was able to turn very tight screws, the rubber ridges caused blisters on my fingers.

With a few minor redesigns, this could be an amazing tool perfect for everyday carrying around.
1.) Replace the plastic driver body with a metal alternative.
2.) Provide #1 and #2 bits instead of #1 and #0. This is subjective, but I find I rarely need a #0 bit in day to day activities outside of adjusting eyeglasses. Even most desktop computers require a #2 driver.
3.) It would be amazing if one bit had both flat heads and one bit had both Philips heads. This would allow you to quickly flip between a Philips head and flat head of proper sizes for activities such as removing a light switch.
4.) Optional... Use standard size bits. This may make the driver a little larger, but would ensure you weren't throwing the entire tool out if you break a bit.

I would gladly pay 3-4x the cost of this unit, if it was actually a functional tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for a Desktop Tech, October 25, 2013
My job requires the use of a Philips screwdriver on a daily basis and I was looking for one that would fit it my pocket. This thing is the size of a sharpie and fit that need perfectly. It's lightweight, well made, and durable. I was worried about the plastic construction being an issue it's sturdy enough to withstand any amount of torque you'll put on it by hand. I was also worried about the bits falling out of place but that never happens. Honestly when you change out the bits you can feel the pen "hugging" the bit as you slide it in or out. Great design.

The bits themselves are made of strong steel. If I just go to a store and get a cheap Phillips it will last me about 4-5 months before the end starts wear out. With this I've been using it around 8 months and it hardly looks warn at all. I expect to get another year out of it at least.

As a guy that works on PC's daily I cannot recommend this product enough. One perk that I didn't think about when I bought it was the clip. Man that is the best little feature! I used to loose standard screwdrivers all the time because I would set them down working and forget them. Now I keep this screwdriver clipped onto my shirt by habit, and have not once walked off and left it. If you're looking for something even remotely similar to this product do yourself a favor and buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and handy., February 9, 2013
This was a great value and I have found a lot of uses for it. They do mislead you into believing the standard heads are smaller than they are. They are too big to adjust tiny screws like on eyeglasses. Still, it was worth the money.

Stanley 66-344 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver