Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 10, 2011
I receieved the box in 3 days. Great shipping speed. However the box was smashed on one end and most of the coils had to be reformed to fit in the gun. Besides having to reshape the coils the nails themselves fire great with my new Bostich nailer. Have had no misfires after about a dozen coils and no half sunken nails. All in all they are great nails but i would buy them locally if i could find them to avoid the outrageous $30 shipping charges
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2012
I got these to feed through my Bostitch coil roofing nailer. It's perhaps not the easiest thing to wax lengthy about roofing nails, so this review will be short and sweet.

First, why five stars? These nails cycled perfectly in my Bostitch RN46-1 coil roofing nailer. Bostitch RN46 3/4-Inch to 1-3/4-Inch Coil Roofing Nailer The last project I used them on - re-roofing my garage - used about 1,200 nails and they never jammed, failed to feed, or failed to set. That's five stars in my book. These are galvanized in the electro-plate method, not dipped. They came well-packed in the box in layers separated by light cardboard and the coils were individually contained by a thin rubber band. They were easy to load in the nailer with no fuss while on the roof.

One thing to mention is that 7,200 nails are indeed a goodly quantity. It will well-exceed your need if you are just shingling a small shop, garage, or shed. This is a box suitable for house-sized projects... about 1,800 square feet of ranch-style single family home, in my estimation, when using standard asphalt shingles requiring 4 nails per shingle. (High wind area folks - you'll need more than that) I used up about a sixth of the box on my garage roof, so I've got lots left over. Consider this when deciding to go for this size box. For me, this represents a decent value considering they shipped free (in my case) and saved me a separate trip to the local big-box store. That may seem like small savings, but my time is worth something and the fuel mileage on my truck is horrible.

While I am a contractor, I am not a roofer by trade; these nails made the job go smoothly and quickly. As these nails are bound by thin copper wire, there is always a chance that some will separate and ricochet back at you - always use eye protection when using these, as well as ear protection and other gear suitable to your job. (Sorry, can't shake the training from my safety officer days...)

I can't say whether these nails will work equally well in every other brand of coil nailer out there, but they worked flawlessly for me. Five stars for a good product at a decent value that worked as advertised, and recommended for use with the Bostitch RN46-1 nailer.
on January 5, 2013
This big box of nails arrived in good condition despite being so heavy. Had nearly no jams or misfires. The coils were all in good condition right out of the box. If I ever have another roof will definitely purchase these nails again.
on October 10, 2013
I bought generic nails when I purchased my Bostitch nail gun, and when the time came to use them, they didn't work. The name brand nails work just fine. They penetrate old hard wood just as well as new OSB. If you have Amazon Prime, this may be a bargain, but if you have to pay shipping, buying local might be a better option.
on January 31, 2016
nails worked well but the shipping of them was poor box was crushed and nail rolls were all crushed had to straighten them out before using them.
on November 25, 2013
Put a roof on a small shed. Absolutely no problems. The coiled nails work so smoothly - no misses no james.
on May 22, 2008
Stanley Bostitch CR3DGAL Galvanized Coil Roofing Nails

I purchased these nails for my Hilti RFC134B roofing nailer and they worked great. Hilti uses a "High Wire" collated nail and Bostitch nails are a "Low Wire" collated nail. I did not have to make any adjustments at all and it is great to get a product that is available for my old gun that has been out of production for some time.
on July 4, 2013
best thing since ice water for an older home owner installing vinyl siding; occasionally double fires, but once dialed in it is a great tool; fires nails accurately and quickly
on August 1, 2009
Bought this to be used with the Bostitch Roofing Nailer. Works fine. However, I found the same type at Lowes for about $6.00 less.
on January 20, 2012
great product great packaging nails were great. Have used on hardie plank and shingles and they have held great over a year now