5.0 out of 5 stars STANT 10501 is a great locking fuel cap!
Excellent quality cap to keep your fuel from walking away and anything other than fuel going into your tank. Very easy to operate: To lock, just turn the cap until you hear three clicks! That's it, no key required to lock it. To unlock, insert the key in and turn 1/4 rotation counterclockwise, and then unscrew the cap. Too easy!
Published on August 1, 2011 by Joseph Ducati

3.0 out of 5 stars locking gas caps
they lock and that is what we wanted them for. the keys are sticky and even WD-40 dont help with it, but they lock and keep our gas where its supposed to be...in the tank.
Published on September 20, 2011 by Shane and Lacey Buck

5.0 out of 5 stars STANT 10501 is a great locking fuel cap!, August 1, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the high list price one at...., September 3, 2013
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
....a big discount. Or at least try. Research the true price to find the bargain. This seems to be high quality and will last a good while. The double cut keys are HD and says premium product and locking mechanism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap, May 14, 2013
=DA= (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
I purchased this for my 2000 Subaru Impreza for 2 reasons, the old locking cap had to have key in while cap was off, and to correct check engine light.

Well, bullseye on both.

1. This cap only needs key to be inserted and turned, then remove key from cap. The cap will unscrew by hand. Afterwards, screw cap on until ratcheting sound is heard. Presto, it's locked on.

2. After replacing with the 10501 cap and flashing the system, the check engine light is off. Yipee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stant, Tried and True, just great products., September 28, 2011
EddieE (GeecheeLand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
The "Find parts that fit your vehicle" selector said this would not work for my car, so after some web research Amazon will not allow me to list the website, easy to figure out though) I found out this was indeed the correct part number. I ordered this part and it fit perfectly, and works fine. Nice being able to take the key out. Don't buy the type you have to leave the key in the lock to open and close, it is just a pain to use.

A exterior sticky lock is an easy fix with a little graphite spray for pretty much any car lock, although WD40 will work for a while too.

5.0 out of 5 stars No trouble with this, October 13, 2013
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
I have had absolutely no trouble with this product. It is good security in a pushing $4.00 a gallon world.

3.0 out of 5 stars locking gas caps, September 20, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars stant locking gas cap review, February 20, 2010
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Gas cap works fine. Should accomplish my goal of making it harder for someone to steal gas, although it seems that it would not much effort for a thief to circumvent the locking gas cap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon (& Stant) part finders not 100% correct., October 1, 2014
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Ordered this Stant 10501 locking gas cap to replace a 15+ year old one on my 1998 Ford Ranger that had just failed emissions test.

I used the Amazon Part Finder to find the correct replacement.

The photo showed threads on cap, to screw it on, where the old cap was a "bayonet" fitting. I thought the Amazon part finder that showed this as a replacement for the truck was in error, so I checked the Stant website part finder which also showed #10501 fitting.

So I figured the photo was a stock photo of a generic cap and ordered it. But it was the threaded cap and did not fit, so I found the correct Stant 11502 locally. The 10501 had a better quality lock than the 11502, and both seemed to be able to last 15+ years as the previous one.

Amazon happily refunded my purchase price for this error, and I recommend Amazon for all your auto needs. Just make sure the part does fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels like it will break some day, December 14, 2014
A. Magee (Dayton, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Having owned this for several months now, I find that occasionally I have trouble getting it unlocked. The key does not always turn a whole quarter turn, so I grab the cap and try to rotate it a little and do the same with the key to get it to turn all the way to unlock. A few times I've thought it did a correctly quarter turn but the cap still wasn't unlocked, so I'd have to insert the key and try again. Minor problem, but it makes me wonder about what will happen when it finally breaks (because I'm sure it will someday). Other than that issue, associated squeaks, and feeling like I'm going to break it off, it's been working out fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not the answer to gas thieft, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Locking gas caps are a pain in the rump. Having to get a key in the thing that is on a ring that already has a bunch of other keys in that little gas cap door compartment is a real hassle. I think auto makers should put locks on the gas compartment doors, also these can be easily removed with a pair of channel locks. My ultimate solution to this problem was to have a car alarm installed and I bought a 12ga.

Stant 10501 Locking Fuel Cap