4.0 out of 5 stars Will get the job done

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective deterrent, quality could be better
Published on August 30, 2008 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Will get the job done, May 31, 2008
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
We all know its coming. Gas had just hit 4 dollars when i decided to get a lock, and the price will inevitably rise, 5 dollars, 6 dollars, 10 dollars per gallon. There is only so much oil in the world. I live in the city and I have a 25 Gallon gas tank. I forsee this lock functioning 2 fold, as a deterent, and as an actual lock. 10 bucks you cant go wrong, just make sure you goto the Stant website to make sure you are getting the right size, dont depend on amazon.com to tell you if it fits or not. I give it a 4 and not a 5 because i dont like the key and I would of liked to have seen it with a lanyard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective deterrent, quality could be better, August 30, 2008
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
The cap is effective to prevent someone from easily siphoning your tank. Living in Oregon means that I must provide the fuel pump attendant with the key and for some the operation of the cap is challenging. I would prefer that the cap were more sturdy, it feels fragile to me. There is play in the lock that allows greater travel than I would prefer. There are not many choices of caps to choose from and this is unfortunate.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, June 18, 2011
parkis (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
So far so good, and it's working great. No problems for my '97 Jeep Cherokee Sport. You turn the key 90 degree to the left, then turn back to retract the key before you unscrew the cap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buick Enclave '14 locking gas cap, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Fits 2014 Buick Enclave perfectly. No OEM out there as far as Buick Dealership, ordered a different produckt that fit older models but did not work. Easy to operate hopefully my wife will learn how to operate it, simple realy. Since fuel door opens from the outside it was the first thing to take care of on this new ride.

1.0 out of 5 stars USED IT ONE DAY, October 22, 2013
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Got this and put it on my Ford F150 and almost immediately the check engine light came on for the fuel cap. The factory sensor from Ford does not work with this cap and the light will not only stay on but it blanks out your odometer until you take it off and replace with factory cap or reset it by taking the battery terminals off and resetting the computer. May work with other models but with my truck did not work, Or did work if I wanted to have a check engine light on for the rest of the trucks existence.

5.0 out of 5 stars stant Locking Fuel Cap, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
My mechanic told me to stay with Stant as they were the BEST. He was right it worked like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good safety upgrade, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Honestly I haven't put this to the test since I replace it but it fit perfectly and can sleep more at night knowing I have it on my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Locking Gas Cap, June 3, 2013
R. Howard (Hometown,WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
Purchased a locking fuel cap at a local auto parts store and it failed to perform in a satisfactory manner. Purchased this fuel cap and it is of exceptional quality. I would reccomend this product to anyone wanting a reliable and well made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, April 27, 2013
This locking gas cap is different from others I've owned you screw it on until it clicks three times and then it will spin free without unscrewing until you insert turn forward and back and remove the key then It unscrews normally

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not actually lock., April 10, 2013
This review is from: Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap (Misc.)
I purchased this item for my 1998 Subaru Forester. It fits, but it does not lock. The cap can be easily removed with the key in either position. Junk.

Stant 10591 Locking Fuel Cap