Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$9.86+ Free shipping

on May 14, 2016
Works exactly as needed. To unlock, insert key, turn ¼ turn counter-clockwise, then turn back and remove key. To lock, just screw the cap on tight enough that it starts to click. After three clicks, it will be locked. This is great because it means that you don't need to use the key to lock it; it locks automatically when replacing after you are done fueling.
on July 19, 2008
I have been witnessing people having their gasoline stolen from their cars where I live in a Baltimore suburb. The rising cost of fuel will only push this activity further. Even though I did not purchase this item from Amazon, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a locking gas cap. You can go to [...] and find out which part is made for your vehicle. The just enter the part number on the search bar on top. This specific model fits my 2003 Kia Spectra perfectly, even though the gas door must be released from the inside on the vehicle.
on September 29, 2011
Even though the parts finder on here says it will not fit a 1998 Chevy Metro after going to a website(Amazon will not let me list it, pretty easy to figure out though) this part was specified for this car. This is the second time I have had the "find parts for your car" tell me the locking gas cap that is proper for each vehicle is not. Ordered this part and it fit perfect, seals fine and lock works as it should. Do not buy the ones where you have to leave the key in the lock to take it off and put it on, those are just a pain to use.
on December 7, 2008
Made of plastic. The design appears to lock, but can be strong-armed off by a pre-teen. Biggest problem is the design is high-profile and will not allow my gas door to fully close, although the manufacture's specifications state that this model should fit my foreign-built SUV.

So, I haven't actually used it once, because it invites any passersbys to close the ajar gas cap door only to discover they can't because the car's owner tried to use a goofy-looking plastic locking gas cap. This just invites trouble...
on April 2, 2014
Perfect fit, works great and keeps other people out of my fuel tank. With fuel prices always rising, this is a must for every vehicle. Stant is the best quality and Amazon is the best price.
on January 4, 2014
Great product fits exactly and replaces standard oem gas cap. A great investment overall providing you with a peace of mind and a secure way to keep you gas from being stolen or damaged.
on November 24, 2013
The cap is new and great, but it didn't fit my impala like the description posted. I still have it and will use it as a gift. Bit I am disappointed since the cap was intended for my use.
on November 23, 2013
It works. And its the first locking gas cap that I've ever had that doesn't cause a "check engine" code. What more can you want?
on October 19, 2014
I purchased a couple of caps for the two vintage Toyota vehicles; they work very well. Great affordable product.
on October 13, 2013
I like the fit and purchased it to have as a spare and enable me to lock the gas tank, if I so desire.

See 1 answered question