4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Unit with a Few Shortcomings

3.0 out of 5 stars For me, its a work in progress
Published on June 29, 2008 by MCB

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Unit with a Few Shortcomings, July 3, 2008
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
I bought this unit due to the fact that it is direct drive, has a quality S-shaped tone arm, and plays 78's. I have three problems with it, though. There is no cue lever. There is no auto return at the end of a record. And the dust cover is cloth. This means the record is exposed during playback. More importantly, you have to be very careful when removing the cloth cover that it doesn't snag the stylus. This happened to me last week, and my favorite Stanton 6800 EEE Mk111 stylus was ruined. I am going to be more careful. I am also going to see about adapting a plastic dust cover from another turntable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Audiofile's turntable USB dream!, July 3, 2008
Record Zoolu (Aliso Viejo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
This purchase was my third attempt to get a USB turntable that was USB and a great turntable. The Stanton T.90 turntable is an audiofile's dream. Looks great with the metal platter, adjustments, and blue accent lights. Multiple adjustments, three speeds 33, 45, & 78, USB and standard audio jacks. Works prefect!
This is the important part. I purchsed this turntable to transfer my analog 12" records to MP3s. The software included with this unit is PC format and I have a Mac. No problem, I purchased, Amadeus Pro, Forty bucks. Total cost for turntable, software, cables etc. under $400.
Now, the PROCESS. The process to move analog to digital is very time consuming. I repeat TIME CONSUMING. The process involves playing the record, at actual speed, and producing a new digital file. After you make the file you will need to go back and remove the clicks and scratches. This is also time consuming. The next step is to BURN a CD to transfer the digital file. Finally, you can add the CD to iTunes. If the record is not in the iTunes/Gracenote database you will have to enter the record's song titles, info, and find artwork on your own. Time involved, 2 to three hours; plus. If you do nothing except transfer files you can produce 3 to 5 records per day or one after work before you go to bed.
I have a 1000 records and I now believe it will take me over one to two year to complete. I do not recommend this process to anyone accept to the real hardcore audiofile. I suggest buying new CD's or download from iTune store. The results are outstanding but heavy on TIME; that I don't haveT.90 USB TURNTABLE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stanton T.90 USB vs. Numark TTusb, December 13, 2007
wrbtu "D. Wiur" (Long Island Motor Parkway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
The biggest advantage of the Stanton for basic users is the ability to play 78rpm records at their intended speed, which means that you can enjoy the music while digitizing the record, also allowing feedback while the music is playing. With the Numark TTUSB Turntable with USB, which plays only 33rpm & 45rpm, you can't very well listen to a record that's playing at the wrong speed, so when you're finished, you may discover a fault in the recording in the first 15 seconds that would have caused you to stop the record, correct the situation, & start over again. With the Stanton, the audible feedback will allow you to immediately stop the recording, saving you valuable time. Another related advantage is that if you have to record the 78rpm disc at 45rpm speed (which is what you have to do on the Numark), it will take you 73% longer to record than if the record can be played at 78rpm. That means that a 3 minute 78rpm record will take over 5 minutes to record on the Numark, AND you won't be able to listen to it while it's recording. For buyers with 78rpm records, the Stanton is well worth the extra money. For buyers with only 33rpm & 45rpm records, the Numark is an excellent value & the better choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars For me, its a work in progress, June 29, 2008
MCB (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
I bought this turntable to convert my dad-in-laws very old 78 rpm European, classical records into some form of current format. I think that idea will eventually work out, but not until I get through an unexpected issue with the turntable's included software. So far, I cannot listen to records in real time, either connecting the machine's analog right/left connections to a stereo amplifier, or using its digital coax cable connection with my computer. I am told that tech support at Stanton will be able to resolve the issue, but I haven't had time to work through the problem yet. Ironically, I can record the wave table to my computer, but I can't hear the music until after I have saved it to a file, and then play it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Beautifully Design Turntable, but Not Without Some Issues, April 10, 2008
Thomas "tomsde" (Newark, DE, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
I received my turntable 2 days ago and was impressed with how solid and substaintial it is. The directions on balancing the tone arm and mounting the cartridge were hard to follow and there is little additional documentation at Stantons website. The unit is heavy and large, so those who have a concern about shelf or audio cabinet space be warned. I've read some reviews that said the unit lacked a dust cover, this isn't true--the unit does ship with a cloth dust cover, not the hard plastic type that most people are used to.

I am able to record albums to my pc with the usb cable and the Audacity software, but I don't want to use Pyro because you can't hear the record when recording to monitor for skipping or other issues. The RCA Phono output is, however, inadequate for use with my Bose Wave Radio/CD player or my N-Port Digital transfer device. I called Stanton technical support about this and got a someone muddled answer. Apparently if your amp doesn't have a phono in then an external pre-amp will will be required! This is contrary to the product description, but apparently not unusual. So I ordered a pre-amp so that I will be able to use the device with my perferred software and Bose unit and I'll see if that resolves the issue, if it doesn't apparently I got a defective unit and will have to address that at a later time.

Sound quality and tracking are excellent on the t.90 and I suspect with proper care it will hold up much better than many of the cheaper, all plastic models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stanton T.90 USB Turntable, May 9, 2009
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
I just wanted to add that the Stanton T.90 is a great turntable and about something that I read somewhere else that says you cannot listen or monitor the records while you are recording them and that's not true all you need is an RCA to Mini plug cable connected to the audio output of the turntable and the line in of the computer sound card and move the switch in the back of the turntable to line you will be able to listen to the audio and correct any playback problem your records might have.

4.0 out of 5 stars stanton T.90 USB turntable, September 13, 2009
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
After looking at countless reviews and videos about different turntables I finally decided on the Stanton T.90 USB Turntable. I choose this turntable because of the USB and the fact that it does have a reverse button. This product is a very good beginner turntable because it is simple to use. The only negative thing about this turntable is that IT DOES NOT COME WITH ANY INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL!!!! This was VERY inconvenient because I bought this turntable for my girlfriend who of course had no knowledge of how to put it together. I was a little bit of help because of all the videos I watched on youtube. My suggestion to anyone who buys this is to just type in "stantion T.90" or "how to set up a turntable" and you'll get a few good videos. Unfortunately the videos can only help so much so if you have a friend or family member who knows how to set it up you will probably be better off. Once everything was setup the sound was great and she loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars T.90 USB TURNTABLE, April 2, 2008
S. Wade (Nebraska, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
Overall, I have been very satisfied with my purchase. The sound quality of the recordings has been good. My only disappointment is that I have been unable to get the system set up so that I can listen to the albums while they are being recorded. I set up everything per the instructions, to no avail. As a result I have had to resort to using the line level output to connect headphones to hear the albums while recording.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Product, December 1, 2008
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
The turn table has a solid feel to it. I have found no problems with the turntable itself. The software that comes with it could be a little more user friendly when it comes to the transfer from LP to your computer. The product itself I have no problems with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars performs as stated, April 5, 2008
This review is from: T.90 USB TURNTABLE (Electronics)
this turntable is an excellent value and performs as advertised....still having a little trouble with the software to get tracks recorded over to itunes...but through my stereo...it does the job!Numark TTUSB Turntable with USB

T.90 USB TURNTABLE